UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not dissapointed by the sense that I'm not looking forward to these figs. I really do. I started hunting down some older figs that fit the espionage theme. I was just expecting some classic avengers to be thrown into the mix. The winter soldier is one of my favorite stories and the new secret avengers is one of my favorite titles. I'm really liking forward to them, and like Shane said, it's another marvel wave and that alone is worth being excited for.

Still, I can't wai to see the tru wave and the Spidey stuff!

Thor 2 line-up may have been a bit premature, I'll keep you posted.

And while I was sorry if this game got people's hopes up, I think anyone who is already disappointed should wait and see what's what. I'm sure whatever your favorite theme, we've got something coming out for it fairly soon. Fun stuff.

Ouch! I hope we don't miss out on completing the Warriors Three! Only need one darn 2-pack to accomplish that! Plus I'd love to see Heimdall. I still want Frigga, but would sacrifice her if necessary and the new Selvig for Hogun & Fandral, plus Heimdall.

As far as "whatever your favorite theme", I hope you're referring to comic versions!

I've been waiting for someone (either DST or Hasbro) to do a Major Victory with their Captain America figures. Or a Vance Astro minimate with shield and a blue cape and different head/hair for Marvel Boy. Maybe with the GotG merchandise push.

And while I was sorry if this game got people's hopes up, I think anyone who is already disappointed should wait and see what's what. I'm sure whatever your favorite theme, we've got something coming out for it fairly soon. Fun stuff.

Ouch! I hope we don't miss out on completing the Warriors Three! Only need one darn 2-pack to accomplish that! Plus I'd love to see Heimdall. I still want Frigga, but would sacrifice her if necessary and the new Selvig for Hogun & Fandral, plus Heimdall.

As far as "whatever your favorite theme", I hope you're referring to comic versions!

*holds breath* I hope the only change is to swap out Selvig....

Me too.

I've been waiting for someone (either DST or Hasbro) to do a Major Victory with their Captain America figures. Or a Vance Astro minimate with shield and a blue cape and different head/hair for Marvel Boy. Maybe with the GotG merchandise push.

Same here. I've always thought Major Victory would be the easiest member of either incarnation of the GotG to do since he looks like a Captain America variant. Seems like he would be a good choice for a TRU set to complement a GotG boxset if DST decides to do one.

Me too.

Better not get rid of Darcy.

i was just thinking... and know it's not really likely... but it'd be cool if the 'much asked for update' was a 3 inch Giant Man. pretty sure that's still against the rules, though.

But at least a Giant-Man with the waist riser so between that and his feet he is a little taller than the others. I would kill for a max statue of him.

I still think giant Minimate vinyl banks could work (starting with using the molds from the Sentinel & Galactus Max).

Not sure how they'd fit into the license, but if they're not articulated, would they violate the "no bigger than 2 inches" rule?

Plus, they'd be a lot easier for customizers to articulate than the resin statues were (has anyone successfully done it yet?), and even left in static poses, they'd still make for great display pieces.

I get that the Max statues didn't sell well, because of their price. But the same thing, in a $20 vinyl form? I can't imagine those not selling. They could even boost sales for the line with the unreleased Spider-Man & Wolverine.

I, for one, would troop build the #311 outta $20 Sentinel banks. At least three of 'em.

I don't know, I'd be all for larger scale 'mates of Galactus and Sentinels, but I want actual 'mates. If they can't move, it really kills my interest. If they made an inarticulate Galactus 'mate for $20, yeah I'd buy one, but I'd be hard pressed to say I'd be nearly as excited as a large scale Galactus 'mate that's fully functional.

I'll put it this way, I'd pay $100 for a large Galactus 'mate that functions exactly the way a normal one does. For an inarticulate bank/statue? No more than $30, and $30 is pushing it.

I still think giant Minimate vinyl banks could work (starting with using the molds from the Sentinel & Galactus Max).

Not sure how they'd fit into the license, but if they're not articulated, would they violate the "no bigger than 2 inches" rule?

If they're not articulated, they aren't in the license. They'd be statues or, well, banks. We don't have the license for either with Marvel right now.

If they're not articulated, they aren't in the license. They'd be statues or, well, banks. We don't have the license for either with Marvel right now.

Aw, boo. :(

What constitutes "articulation?" How about, say, a figure with cut joints at the neck and waist only? Or, maybe you make them hollow, tie a string around their neck, and say they are smallish, hard plastic pinatas. Edited by karamazov80

What constitutes "articulation?" How about, say, a figure with cut joints at the neck and waist only?

Hell, that's DC's definition...

What constitutes "articulation?" How about, say, a figure with cut joints at the neck and waist only?

laugh.png

What's with the people mentioning around here about the line ending? Has someone hinted at something like that, because I sure as heck hope not.

This has been my 'go to' line for Marvel figures now for years. DST has given us little mini-figures of characters never made in toy form before as well as characters in certain costumes I never thought I'd see in toy form. They were first to give a complete Blue/Gold 90s X-Men team (now how about 90s X-Factor and a 90s Warpath and Siryn to finish X-Force), one the teams I've pined to have a complete form of for years...

Now if we ever see Power Pack in minimate form...that'll be the most surprisingly thing ever in my mind...

In the meantime, if we do get a Falcon, Baron Strucker, and Winter Soldier in this wave that'll cross off some more characters on my list to be minimate made.

:lol:

What's with the people mentioning around here about the line ending?

Wait, what? Where'd you get that?