UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

No, there will actually be three figures overlapping, and one additional figure will get a slightly different version.

So not like 48/15.

Don't panic, it will all be okay.

ok! I was right then.

This echoes the Iron Man 3 distribution then.

maybe no short packed character and two army builders a la IM3?

54 will have a variant and two army builders, like regular specialty comic waves. 18 will pick and choose a bit, but it works out for everybody involved.

IM3 was the pretty standard "two shared" system. This one mixes things up a bit.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my guesses still hold up I think

Winter Soldier is Bucky and he existed before the 60s

Captain America is an undeniable a-lister

Falcon first appeared 1969 so he makes the cut

Black Widow first appeared in 1964

Nathan Garrets Black Knight first appeared in 1964 as well

and Dane Whitman is 1967

and lastly, Super Adaptoid first appeared in 1966

all while not being x-themed, so far I think it fits the bill pretty well

and for the TRU sharers im guessing

Cap/Falcon

Black Widow (maybe gray with short hair?)

- Captain America & Winter Soldier

- Falcon & Black Widow

- Baron Strucker & Hydra Soldier redux

- Madame Hydra & Hydra Soldier redux

It may be heresy from a Jean Grey fan, but this would kick the ass right off of a Dark Phoenix wave. Strucker, Viper, modern Black Widow, and (clearly) Winter Soldier are all MAJOR wants.

everybody has their own favorite corner of the Marvel U. This one just happens to be mine.

- There is one undeniable A-lister in the series.

Squirrel-Girl confirmed?

So, has Zach every said what his favorite corner of the Marvel U is? Is it Captain America?

everybody has their own favorite corner of the Marvel U. This one just happens to be mine.

- There is one undeniable A-lister in the series.

Squirrel-Girl confirmed?

So, has Zach every said what his favorite corner of the Marvel U is? Is it Captain America?

It is definitely not whatever corner of the MU Squirrel Girl lives in. I have never even READ a Great Lakes Avengers story. I like comedy -- What The, Not Brand Ecch, anything involving Keith Giffen -- but she has never made it onto my radar.

Very few relevent Marvel characters today were around prior to 1960. Cap, Bucky, Red Skull, Namor, Kazar.

However, Patsy Walker also falls into that category.

Maybe it is a Captain America/Avengers wave after all...

Kazar wasn't around prior to 1960. He first appeared in X-Men #10.

It is definitely not whatever corner of the MU Squirrel Girl lives in. I have never even READ a Great Lakes Avengers story. I like comedy -- What The, Not Brand Ecch, anything involving Keith Giffen -- but she has never made it onto my radar.

She was in the New Avengers book for Bendis' final year or so -- that's a pretty big corner! thumbsup.gif

Didn't Zach mention not too long ago that they'd found a Captain America variant they'd not done yet recently? I feel pretty comfortable in saying that it's probably Captain America, and we'll be getting the Falcon and the Winter Soldier out of this wave.

- Falcon & Black Widow

Do it. My one crit would be to make BW/BWII the variant. But I'll take it as-is.

Maybe have a hew head/hair/torso block for Black Widow? 2 birds one stone?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I'd like to see the First Appearance BW as the variant to Madam Hydra if this is what the wave will look like.

1856.jpg

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Yelena Belova BW too.

Does this fit with the 2 heroes 3 villains thing though?

Edited by Nessex

Hercules did appear in 1965. Also, the Dane Whitman version of Black Knight did appear in 1967 and the black panther debuted in 1966. If it's an avengers wave with some cap characters then i'll be one happy man!

Edited by Kostisfire

- Falcon & Black Widow

Captain America & Falcon

Winter Soldier & Black Widow

Seems like a more natural pairing to me.

I agree, that's the natural pairing. I'm also thinking we might get a new Nick Fury, finally, because the single most requested army builder that I can think of is a female Shield agent. Yes, I know we're getting Maria Hill, but she certainly won't be an army builder for most, as she's a variant. So maybe...

Cap/Falcon

Winter Soldier/Black Widow

Nick Fury/Female Shield agent

Sgt. Fury (variant)/FSA

No, there will actually be three figures overlapping, and one additional figure will get a slightly different version.

So not like 48/15.

Don't panic, it will all be okay.

This could also allow for Black Widow I and Black Widow II.

Guys... are we forgetting the villain ratio? We're supposed to have four, three new. And the army builder is supposed to be a villain, too. Unless we're counting SHIELD as "the Man" I don't think SHIELD agents qualify as villainous. Just sayin.

Guys... are we forgetting the villain ratio? We're supposed to have four, three new. And the army builder is supposed to be a villain, too. Unless we're counting SHIELD as "the Man" I don't think SHIELD agents qualify as villainous. Just sayin.

From youbastards list, we are counting Winter Soldier and Black Widow as villains as that is how they were both originally introduced in the comics.