UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

Guys... are we forgetting the villain ratio? We're supposed to have four, three new. And the army builder is supposed to be a villain, too. Unless we're counting SHIELD as "the Man" I don't think SHIELD agents qualify as villainous. Just sayin.

From youbastards list, we are counting Winter Soldier and Black Widow as villains as that is how they were both originally introduced in the comics.

So the other two villains would be....?

Frankly, it seems - based on the clues - that the variant figure will be a separate character altogether.

2 heroes and 4 villains PLUS a villainous troop builder. Now, theoretically you could do something like...

Black Knight II (heroic, new) with variant Black Knight I (villainous, new) or Black Widow I (villainous, redo) with variant Black Widow II (villainous, new) but putting Nick Fury/Sgt. Fury doesn't really work, and especially not with any other heroes in the wave, based on Zach's hints.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys... are we forgetting the villain ratio? We're supposed to have four, three new. And the army builder is supposed to be a villain, too. Unless we're counting SHIELD as "the Man" I don't think SHIELD agents qualify as villainous. Just sayin.

From youbastards list, we are counting Winter Soldier and Black Widow as villains as that is how they were both originally introduced in the comics.

So the other two villains would be....?

Frankly, it seems - based on the clues - that the variant figure will be a separate character altogether.

2 heroes and 4 villains PLUS a villainous troop builder. Now, theoretically you could do something like...

Black Knight II (heroic, new) with variant Black Knight I (villainous, new) or Black Widow I (villainous, redo) with variant Black Widow II (villainous, new) but putting Nick Fury/Sgt. Fury doesn't really work, and especially not with any other heroes in the wave, based on Zach's hints.

- Captain America & Winter Soldier

- Falcon & Black Widow

- Baron Strucker & Hydra Soldier redux

- Madame Hydra & Hydra Soldier redux

The ones in bold would be villains.

my wave line up still holds up, I already had the

Cap/Falcon

Winter Soldier/Black Widow pairing

also my army builder (adaptoid) is a villain as well as the black knight variant and winter soldier

I've never had the paint rub off of any Minimate I own. In fact, I think minimates "hold up" better then any other line I've collected.

The only paint rub off I have had was Lion-O.

This ......er ....paint rub off..... let me get this clear .....do you apply the paint before or after ? ermm.gif

We have what we need to crack this... is it 3 from the poll? 4 Villains (3 New)? 2 Heroes (1 New?) Each two pack "makes sense" together?

The army builder will most certainly be villainous... and count as a single villain in that tally. That leaves 5 and 1 variant. 5 = 2 heroes + 3 villains, so we're still on track.

Of the non-X poll selections, there are some Cap / espionage-centric entries, including Winter Soldier, Falcon... I'm guessing the "heavy hitter" will be a Cap variant, so maybe:

Cap / Baron Von Strucker (mortal enemies, 1 from poll, new villain)

Falcon / Winter Soldier (former Cap partners, 2 from poll, new hero, new villain)

[Red Skull re-do?] / Villain Army Builder: Red Skull's "Sleeper" robots? (1 villain re-do, 1 new)

[Red Skull re-do var?] / Villain Army Builder: Red Skull's "Sleeper" robots? (1 villain re-do, 1 new)

Edited by elhonez

Regarding my list:

Cap / Baron Von Strucker (mortal enemies, 1 from poll, new villain)

Falcon / Winter Soldier (former Cap partners, 2 from poll, new hero, new villain)

[Red Skull re-do?] / Villain Army Builder: Red Skull's "Sleeper" robots? (1 villain re-do, 1 new)

[Red Skull re-do var?] / Villain Army Builder: Red Skull's "Sleeper" robots? (1 villain re-do, 1 new)

Alternately, if HYDRA is the villain re-do, it could look like:

Cap / Batroc

Falcon / Winter Soldier

Von Strucker / HYDRA

Von Strucker Variant / HYDRA

Heroes: 2, 1 New: Cap/Falcon

Villains: 4, 3 New: Batroc/Strucker/Winter/HYDRA

From Poll: 3: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Von Strucker

...Batroc would also open an off-the-wall TRU 2-pack with MACHETE and ZARAN... but this is just wishful thinking on my part. :)

So it's a cap wave,huh? I'm kinda disappointed. Don't get me wrong,I love the espionage side of the marvel universe but with the second cap movie featuring all those characters it seems kinda uneccesery. These characters will appear in TWS so we could have gotten them then. I myself would prefer some old school avengers and xmen. Also, Cap may have a few villains, but they are all awesome! So I might be a tad disappointed because I could have waited one more year but what the hell,the more new characters the merrier I say!

Edited by Kostisfire

Kostis, nothing has been announced, so it may not be a espionage/cap wave, we just know that its not x-related and that someone has already guessed very close

also my idea included Falcon and Black Knight II, two classic Avengers

and also

Black Knight I and Super Adaptoid, two classic Avenger villains

so the only true espionage characters (going by my thoughts) would be a new widow (could be Yelena or her gray/short haired look, both which we will not see in Cap 2) as well as Steves' The Captain look which also will not be in Cap 2

and lastly Winter Soldier, the only one who may be close to his Cap 2 counterpart, but I still think hes different enough and has been requested a lot

It would be cool if, assuming:

1) Falcon is coming, 2) he will be modern, and 3) he won't be the variant...

...that a TRU pack would include Classic Falcon + Classic Black Knight for a little Avengers love. However, this being hope stacked on top of guesswork, this is probably more of a reflection of my own Marvel proclivities.

Kostis, DST has said in the past that they don't want their own merchandise to compete with each other, so it makes sense to release a Cap related wave outside of the sales window for the Cap movie wave, especially if the characters overlap.

Now, if we're REALLY lucky, we'll get a Thor comic wave around the time Cap 2 hits theaters, that features comic versions of the Thor 2 movie 'mates we haven't gotten yet.

Edited by youbastards

everybody has their own favorite corner of the Marvel U. This one just happens to be mine.

- There is one undeniable A-lister in the series.

Squirrel-Girl confirmed?

So, has Zach every said what his favorite corner of the Marvel U is? Is it Captain America?

It is definitely not whatever corner of the MU Squirrel Girl lives in. I have never even READ a Great Lakes Avengers story. I like comedy -- What The, Not Brand Ecch, anything involving Keith Giffen -- but she has never made it onto my radar.

'Twas a joke. Since you said "undeniable A-lister". :)

Now, if we're REALLY lucky, we'll get a Thor comic wave around the time Cap 2 hits theaters, that features comic versions of the Thor 2 movie 'mates we haven't gotten yet.

HELL YEAH! I've been craving more Asgardians in minimate form!

Kostis, nothing has been announced, so it may not be a espionage/cap wave, we just know that its not x-related and that someone has already guessed very close

and also

so the only true espionage characters (going by my thoughts) would be a new widow (could be Yelena or her gray/short haired look, both which we will not see in Cap 2) as well as Steves' The Captain look which also will not be in Cap 2

and lastly Winter Soldier, the only one who may be close to his Cap 2 counterpart, but I still think hes different enough and has been requested a lot

I was reffering to the cap/falcon

widow/winter soldier

strucker/army builder

madame hydra/army builder line up.

If it fetures black knight,the super adaptoid and other classic avengers in the tru wave then awesome! If the widow is the yelena version then eve more awesome! I'd like it if she came with those googles she wears in the new "secret avengers" series. Come to think of it with all the espionage figures that are rumoured i wouldn't rule out some of the NOW! Secret avengers characters. I bet a they could appear in the tru wave along with some classic avenges.

Kostis, DST has said in the past that they don't want their own merchandise to compete with each other, so it makes sense to release a Cap related wave outside of the sales window for the Cap movie wave, especially if the characters overlap.

True, having cap comic stuff compete with cap moie stuff is a pain so maybe that's why they moved the cap comic wave earlier. And if we get a comic thor wave then splendid! I didn't buy volstagg and f the release the rest of the warriors three i'll either have to hunt him down or wait for the comic versions to be (hopefully) announced.

Very pleased by what (unless Zach is tricking us all with his clues lol) the theme of this wave appears to be. Seems extremely likely that winter soldier, falcon and strucker will be made which is great news. I also like the idea of seeing a madame hydra or batroc, but any new cap villains would be cool. Surprised no one has mentioned dr Faustus, I reckon he'd make a great figure. My one big hope personally now (apart from a quick reveal lol) is that we get some of these in their classic looks, especially falcon, if not in 54 then in the accompanying TRU wave.

Oh yeah and I echo the desire that we still see at least a little thor comic stuff in the next year too.

and also

I was reffering to the cap/falcon

widow/winter soldier

strucker/army builder

madame hydra/army builder line up.

If it fetures black knight,the super adaptoid and other classic avengers in the tru wave then awesome! If the widow is the yelena version then eve more awesome! I'd like it if she came with those googles she wears in the new "secret avengers" series. Come to think of it with all the espionage figures that are rumoured i wouldn't rule out some of the NOW! Secret avengers characters. I bet a they could appear in the tru wave along with some classic avenges.

>Kostis, DST has said in the past that they don't want their own merchandise to compete with each other, so it makes sense to release a Cap related wave outside of the sales window for the Cap movie wave, especially if the characters overlap.

True, having cap comic stuff compete with cap moie stuff is a pain so maybe that's why they moved the cap comic wave earlier. And if we get a comic thor wave then splendid! I didn't buy volstagg and f the release the rest of the warriors three i'll either have to hunt him down or wait for the comic versions to be (hopefully) announced.

Better start hunting now, Kostis! Zach confirmed that the Thor 2 minimates would complete the movie-version Warriors Three.

Thor 2 line-up may have been a bit premature, I'll keep you posted.

And while I was sorry if this game got people's hopes up, I think anyone who is already disappointed should wait and see what's what. I'm sure whatever your favorite theme, we've got something coming out for it fairly soon. Fun stuff.