UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

On the list of DD villains we have I personally count stiltman even though he came in an iron man wave. I agree we could use some more though - mind you he is still beating thor at the moment who seems to have precisely two in comic form: loki (admittedly several versions) and stone men! Although destroyer looks comic accurate enough to display with them too. I keep hoping maybe there will be some tenuous link to make enchantress the female villain of this wave, but I can't quite see it.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple Man is kind of a big deal. Mr. Fear is the anti-Daredevil, conceptually ("The Man With Lots of Fear?"). And he's gone up against Mr. Hyde numerous times. I think these guys, plus Gladiator (Melvin Potter) and MisterPL's list are all essentials.

He's even got some more Army Builder possibilities, with:

MAULER armor

Black Spectre troops

...and, to a lesser extent, the Dire Wraith-created Rocketeers

...and sorry groundhog, I only just read your post. :)

Hmmm, a conversation about the lack of DD villains. It's like we've had this conversation before or something...

Can't we just get an announcement about the line-up of this wave so that people can stop asking for Daredevil villains please?

Oh, people talking about things while we wait really isn't an issue. People trying to say that DD has enough recognizable villains to carry a wave is what I'm disagreeing with (again). This idea came up several pages ago and I still feel like picking a fight Daredevil's villains don't carry enough recognition with the casual buyer to anchor an entire wave. That's all I'm saying. Nothing wrong with the characters, it's just taht he's not a comic book character that is defined by them like someone like Spider-Man is or even teams like the X-Men.

I'm okay with the occasional TRU 2-pack. I also don't need a full DD wave. Starting with Typhoid Mary in her 80's look.

But as Stegron pointed out, only 2 Thor villains? That's almost criminal!! Jack Kirby designed a lot of great stuff for Asgard, we need to see more of it in Minimate form.

If we're talking Thor, I think Enchantress, Executioner and maybe Hela and Surtur are the only well known villains that are recognizable enough to people that we should ever expect Minimates from. Just like DD, he's not known for his villains. I suppose you could throw in the Wrecking Crew since their origin is set in the Thor realm, but they've moved beyond Thor a long time ago.

Personally I would say the destroyer is very recognisable (he even got a marvel legend!) and I would throw ulik into the mix. Plus he will soon have a couple more pretty well known villains after the second film comes out! I agree that overall he is probably at least as well known for his supporting cast as opposed to his villains but I still think only 2 after 10 years of marvel minimates is a severe under-representation for a film A-lister.

Well, there's another issue. I think that's a pretty low number of his supporting cast too but then as a thor fan I am biased (lol) and we all have our favourite unmade wants of course. Having said that, enchantress did come top of the MMV villain poll a little while back, so there is clearly a strong demand for her.

what dare devil characters do have? and i don't mean different DD costumes. like there's DD, and then... Elektra, Bullseye, King Pin... is that all?

White Tiger, Hand Ninja(s)...that's about it, I think.

what dare devil characters do have? and i don't mean different DD costumes. like there's DD, and then... Elektra, Bullseye, King Pin... is that all?

Also White Tiger, Hand Ninja(s)...that's about it, I think.

Are quotes broken or something?

Or I goofed up.

On the list of DD villains we have I personally count stiltman even though he came in an iron man wave. I agree we could use some more though - mind you he is still beating thor at the moment who seems to have precisely two in comic form: loki (admittedly several versions) and stone men! Although destroyer looks comic accurate enough to display with them too. I keep hoping maybe there will be some tenuous link to make enchantress the female villain of this wave, but I can't quite see it.

Don't forget Absorbing Man.

for the record, i wasn't asking how many DD villains we have, or suggesting a DD wave. i'm not that familiar with the character and i was just wondering what's come out so far. i didn't know White Tiger is a DD character. i would consider making a display for him and his cast if there were ever enough cuz, but i'm in no rush to do so.

Don't forget Absorbing Man.

Yeah, I did think of absorbing man but and I agree you could argue a case for him. However, I don't really see him as primarily a thor villain in the way you would, say, loki or enchantress etc. I think he could just as easily be a hulk, avengers or even cap villain, who in fact he came packaged with. Having said that, I do have him in my thor display, though I think he could use a slightly more "bulked up" update.

As for the serpent, although he is an asgardian I would say he is a "crossover" villain in the marvel universe really since he was created for the fear itself event. I don't see him as a traditional "classic" thor villain, though his minimate was very welcome, as were the rest of the worthy that we got.

Overall though the point I was really originally trying to make is that while I agree that daredevil villains are sadly under-represented in the minimate world, there are others who are probably bigger names in these days of big movies who are maybe even less well represented, of which thor is maybe the obvious one.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree Nebraska. I don't read comics anymore, so I have no clue if that's his modern color. However, it's too maroon and looks awful with his skin tone.

That's pretty spot on for his modern look. Hopefully we'll get his classic look sooner than later. The mask is close enough for me to get an extra to make a custom.

Why are the TRU waves sharing figures with LCS? I was under the impression that they weren't doing that anymore. Not trying to sound super greedy! but at least the repackage Cap with the Falcon so there is no need to buy that pack IMO (unless your making a Classic version of the Falcon). Having said that, again I'm really looking forward to this wave, love Absorbing Man and all the Hydra's!

Also I don't mind this new trend of having a third army builder, like the Reapers!

Cap & Falcon are pretty big names. Falcon has been asked after a LOT. He's possibly one of the top 5 most requested characters. At least in the top 10.

DST have structured this so that you don't have to get any doubles apart from the army builder (which is pretty awesome).

I might end up skipping the Cap/Falcon pack myself, but i'm actually quite happy to see the extra Hydra guy in the TRU range :)

Plus - those who just want Cap & Falcon have a way of getting them without needing to buy Arnim Skola.