UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember what a joyous day it was when we finally got a Thor in wave 16?

Yep, and that was during the 'Dark Times'...

R.I.P. Wave 15

Just think, in the near future, we will be flooded with Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise. Think about that for a minute. Think if you heard that in 1992. Or even 2000.

I like to think of wave 16 like the scene in movies where the plane is headed right for the cliff, then you see it from the other side of the mountain just barely skimming over the top safely.

Anyway, back on topic:

Wave 54

Squirrel Girl/Jarvis

First Appearance Brother Voodoo/Man-Thing

Kitty Pryde in Ariel costume with the socks and rollerskates/Dracula's Bride Storm (Savage Land Storm as the variant obviously)

Army builder is a civilian with parts to make every member of the Daily Bugle newsroom staff

This is clearly the most likely lineup.

whistling.gif

(Someone replying with "I would actually kill for this wave" in 4...3...2...)

Edited by Lobsterman

Jarvis! lmao that'd be the day

Yep, and that was during the 'Dark Times'...

R.I.P. Wave 15

I have quite fond memories of this era, I remember thinking it couldn't get better than Clobberin' Time Thing/Super Skrull.

Phalanx - not highly requested

Really? I'd think there would be plenty of demand for such a fantastic villain troop builder. I'd love to see numerous Mr. Fantastic style parts for him.

I'm still leaning toward Wendigo as the "highly requested villain army builder", but they really only fought Hulk en masse, Wendigo has primarily been a single character before that story arc. Wendigo COULD work in an X-Men themed wave, but would be better served in a Hulk themed wave.Plus, since we got Sasquatch in the Alpha Flight boxset, there is already a significant amount of existing tooling needed for Wendigo.

The irony? A Wendigo army builder COULD be used as a Madrox army builder ;)

Really? I'd think there would be plenty of demand for such a fantastic villain troop builder. I'd love to see numerous Mr. Fantastic style parts for him.

Don't misunderstand, I would love Phalanx army builders and can see DST making them one day, but the vocal requests for them around the MMMV just hasn't been there over the years like it has for Multiple Man, Stepford Cuckoos (which I really don't care for), Mandroids, and a few others.

Top Ten Marvel characters for merchandise sales. I don't remember it in total, and this was before the movies so not sure if Cap or Thor were even on the list,

Yup. The list has changed due to the movies. Thor is now top 10, as is Cap.

And Iron Man, if not really, realy close to #1, is at least # 2 to SpiderMan.

I feel like the highly requested villain army builder not from the poll is the part of this equation that's REALLY hard to pin down. ESPECIALLY if it's an X-wave

Didn't Zach say this was a mix-n-match wave, or was that just the TRU waves he was talking about?

Mindless Ones have been an oft-requested (that I've seen) army builder...

Sorry I left you guys hanging, holidays and a trip to Timonium have kept me away from thr boards.

In my own excitement, I MAY have gotten people a little TOO excited, and thinking about their own wish lists, but everybody has their own favorite corner of the Marvel U. This one just happens to be mine. But I would never tell anyone that the Acolytes will never be made, and we've certainly put some obscure pairings at Toys R Us.

That said:

- Series 54 IS themed. TRU 17 and 18 are a little hodgepodge, but still very cool (18 overlaps with 54 a little, and carries over a little of the theme, a la 48/15).

- The theme of 54 is not X-Men. Sorry.

- The characters in this series are all classic in origin (1960s or earlier), although most are not classic versions.

- The two-packs all make sense in terms of their pairings.

- There is one undeniable A-lister in the series. And the rest are certainly well-known quantities.

Sorry I left you guys hanging, holidays and a trip to Timonium have kept me away from thr boards.

In my own excitement, I MAY have gotten people a little TOO excited, and thinking about their own wish lists, but everybody has their own favorite corner of the Marvel U. This one just happens to be mine. But I would never tell anyone that the Acolytes will never be made, and we've certainly put some obscure pairings at Toys R Us.

That said:

- Series 54 IS themed. TRU 17 and 18 are a little hodgepodge, but still very cool (18 overlaps with 54 a little, and carries over a little of the theme, a la 48/15).

- The theme of 54 is not X-Men. Sorry.

- The characters in this series are all classic in origin (1960s or earlier), although most are not classic versions.

- The two-packs all make sense in terms of their pairings.

- There is one undeniable A-lister in the series. And the rest are certainly well-known quantities.

awesome, thanks for the update.

Just one question, not sure if you can answer.. but with the 18 and 54 overlap, does "a little" mean there is a only one shared two-pack as opposed to the usual two?

Just one question, not sure if you can answer.. but with the 18 and 54 overlap, does "a little" mean there is a only one shared two-pack as opposed to the usual two?

Only movie waves share packs between LCS and TRU now.

1960's and earlier, huh?

Marvel Monsters wave????

Fin Fang Foom!?!?!

Only movie waves share packs between LCS and TRU now.

1960's and earlier, huh?

Marvel Monsters wave????

Fin Fang Foom!?!?!

ya... so im confused about the "overlap"

is it like 48/15 and 47/14 where they were some packs to complete the team from the LCS wave and some to complete other box sets?

Exactly, overlap in "theme", not actual 'mates.

gotcha.

Fin Fang Foom would be amazing.

so would Attuma/Tiger Shark! and Namorita/Stingray!

No, there will actually be three figures overlapping, and one additional figure will get a slightly different version.

So not like 48/15.

Don't panic, it will all be okay.

ok! I was right then.

This echoes the Iron Man 3 distribution then.

maybe no short packed character and two army builders a la IM3?

Timonium..ahh..my home town of Baltimore. My wife got interviewed for a job there, but was not hired. I love that whole Hunt Valley/Cockeysville/Timonium area. Good times and fond memories. I hope you had a good trip.