UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

(now how about 90s X-Factor and a 90s Warpath and Siryn to finish X-Force), one the teams I've pined to have a complete form of for years...

Now if we ever see Power Pack in minimate form...that'll be the most surprisingly thing ever in my mind...

In the meantime, if we do get a Falcon, Baron Strucker, and Winter Soldier in this wave that'll cross off some more characters on my list to be minimate made.

I like the way you think. (Of course, I think Sunspot and Gideon would also be needed to finish off 90's X-Force.)

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I know they're impossible to get now, but with Thunderbird & TRU Warpath, we've got a "close enough" for him. New Mutants Sunspot can absolutely not stand in for 90's Sunspot, IMO. I'd prefer a 2-pack of Roberto & Theresa. If we need James, stick him with Stryfe (or Gideon, lol). Or heck, a 4-pack.

laugh.png

I know they're impossible to get now, but with Thunderbird & TRU Warpath, we've got a "close enough" for him. New Mutants Sunspot can absolutely not stand in for 90's Sunspot, IMO. I'd prefer a 2-pack of Roberto & Theresa. If we need James, stick him with Stryfe (or Gideon, lol). Or heck, a 4-pack.

It's almost frustrating how near complete 90's X-Force is and it feels like they've stopped. Stryfe is such a cool looking design, I'm surprised he hasn't been made yet. Siryn is necessary, Sunspot too. I'd take Gideon if he were made, but sorry, I'm not going to lobby for him, He has "pegwarmer" written all over him.

So, a Sunspot / Siryn 2-pack, plus slot Stryfe in with any other unmade mutant (Forge?) since he faced off against them all in one of those crossover events.

I could almost be pleased with that, but with Nightcrawler and Colossus both being re-done in recent year-or-three-ish I'm luke warm on the sentiment.

Still, if they really pulled out all the stops on correct-booted Colossus, included Sunfire and Banshee and updated Cyclops, Storm and Thunderbird... I wouldn't be too put off by another "Best of" Wolverine and exactly-the-same Nightcrawler being included.

They could give us a new Thunderbird with an extra head for Warpath, or vice versa.

^ This.

Or...a whole wave devoted to finishing off X-Force in a wave as well as start X-Factor... Wave 55 maybe?

Siryn and Sunspot

Stryfe and Gideon

Multiple Man (troop builder/X-Factor costume) and Warpath with variant Thunderbird

And then maybe have a TRU wave or something to go along that starts to add the rest of X-Factor in...

Havok and Polaris

Strong Guy and Wolfsbane

Quicksilver (whom needs a good updating) and Valerie Cooper

I too shall throw my vote in for every 90s mutant possible:

90s X-Force box sets: Sunspot, Warpath, Siryn, and second costume Shatterstar/Stryfe, Forearm, Dragoness, and Zero

90s X-Factor wave: Havok/Polaris, Wolfsbane/Strong Guy, Val Cooper/Multiple Man, Mystique/Multiple Man

90s Brotherhood: Pyro/Avalanche, Blob/Sauron, Toad/Sentinel, Janitor Toad/Sentinel

90s Acolytes: Chrome/Senyaka, Melencamp/Delgado, Cortez/Female Acolyte (with parts for Cargill or Scanner), Exodus/Femal Acolyte

90s blue and yellow wave: Banshee/Moira, Gambit/Storm, Forge/Multiple Man (green costume), X-Factor era Forge/Multiple Man (green costume)

90s Dark Riders 4-pack: Tusk, Foxbat, Gauntlet, Barrage

90s Horsemen 4-pack: War, Famine, Pestilence, Caliban

and of course... Adam X packed with Wolverine, Deadpool, and a Spider-Man

I too shall throw my vote in for every 90s mutant possible:

90s X-Force box sets: Sunspot, Warpath, Siryn, and second costume Shatterstar/Stryfe, Forearm, Dragoness, and Zero

90s X-Factor wave: Havok/Polaris, Wolfsbane/Strong Guy, Val Cooper/Multiple Man, Mystique/Multiple Man

90s Brotherhood: Pyro/Avalanche, Blob/Sauron, Toad/Sentinel, Janitor Toad/Sentinel

90s Acolytes: Chrome/Senyaka, Melencamp/Delgado, Cortez/Female Acolyte (with parts for Cargill or Scanner), Exodus/Femal Acolyte

90s blue and yellow wave: Banshee/Moira, Gambit/Storm, Forge/Multiple Man (green costume), X-Factor era Forge/Multiple Man (green costume)

90s Dark Riders 4-pack: Tusk, Foxbat, Gauntlet, Barrage

90s Horsemen 4-pack: War, Famine, Pestilence, Caliban

Bought.

Those 90s X-Men lists are truly horrifying.

You don't like any of the 90's characters anyways, so

quiet-sign.jpg

I hate every 80's piece of garbage you drool over, but I wouldn't begrudge you getting the Minimates. <_<

I don't mind everything from the 90's, probably because I was reading while these things were happening, but I think a little bit goes a long way with those designs. They just seem too "busy" for block figures. Just my two cents.

My personal niche is bronze age looks, through '85. But I support all Marvel MiniMates being made. Plenty of slots to go around. [TWSS]

I think Zach may have explicitly mentioned somewhere in here that the looks for 54 were not classic, so with the exception of Strucker (if we're right about that), I won't expect that itch to be scratched in this wave.

Someday soon I hope we see some of the bigger "un-teamed" character oversights: Man-Thing and Master of Kung-Fu. We've also seen non-poseable minis now with Thundercats - I wonder if that execution is possible for the Marvel license? e.g. Howard the Duck, Rocket Raccoon? Or would they be standard poseable figs?

Howard and rocket will be standard minimates. They aren't that shorter than humans and with the new short legs and arms i'm sure it will work. Besides, they are far too important characters to be released as unarticulated mini statues.

I disagree, I think that's how they would have to be. Besides the non-possible mates still have hands so Rocket can still be armed.

They are not as short as snarf. They are anthropomorphised animals with armor and all that. They are not simply a raccoon and a duck. Besides, they are important characters so they'd be wasted as non-posseable little statues. In the new series rocket reaches starlord's waist when he is standing up which can happen with the nes short legs and arms.

Howard and rocket will be standard minimates. They aren't that shorter than humans and with the new short legs and arms i'm sure it will work. Besides, they are far too important characters to be released as unarticulated mini statues.

They are both much, much shorter than average humans.

Edited by bigvis497

Well Sabretooth is as tall as the Juggernaut in minimate form, so I guess they'll breakout the kid legs for Rocket, and Wolverine.