UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 86: 1990s Spidey

DSTZach

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/9/2024 at 6:54 PM, buttheadsmate said:

I'm up for any of the villains mentioned whether they've been made in a different format ( animated, comic etc.etc. ) or not.

However I'm not sure whether I'll embrace too many, new ,slightly different comic versions of existing Minimate animated versions. The animated Jackal for example is IMHO .....unfortunate...& needs a completely different version . Interestingly enough the animated Jackal wore shorts whilst the comic version sports a pair of green Speedos .... 

Kaine and Jackal look dope! 
Kanie's design never struck me as especially practical looking... more a case of riding the wave of flowly caped, dark/edgy characters that Spawn epitomised in the 90s.... but in pink! I think they've captured the essence of his windswept hair and cape and 90sness perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

Kaine and Jackal look dope! 
Kanie's design never struck me as especially practical looking... more a case of riding the wave of flowly caped, dark/edgy characters that Spawn epitomised in the 90s.... but in pink! I think they've captured the essence of his windswept hair and cape and 90sness perfectly. 

I agree I just hate windswept anything without a neutral option 😆

17 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

This set is everything I want from minimates.  Fun, untapped characters, excellent toyetic designs, and a great balance of hero and villain.  Here's hoping this becomes the template moving forward.

Agreed! Love the dynamic, action oriented accessories. Great assortment of characters. I already about about 5 or 6 different customs in mind. Amazing set!

Edited by Padrino

Not sure about thwip hands. I'll check.

Glad everyone likes it. I think most sets will be like this. 84 was close. 87 is pretty close. The Spider-Verse set is not, but it will hopefully bring in some new collectors. 88 is a bit of a Greatest Hits, but I think it will be well received. 

This set is amazing. I think the previous Spidey set is also. The only negative thing about that one is that it is a lot of re-hashes. Overall though those look great. Zach, will the next set of "greatest hits" be a mix of Marvel characters or a greatest hits of a certain comic like Avengers or X-Men?

Now I can actually see some merit behind 85 and 86 being back-to-back Spider-Man releases on account of the similar aesthetics for the classic Spider-Man design and the fact that we're getting Scarlet Spider and Reilly Spider-Man one after the other.

I gotta hand it to you guys, this is pretty fucking cool. Hats off. Will be P.O.ing as soon as it goes live.

The blue in Kaine's design is meant to run throughout his costume... and he's got spikes and stuff up his arms!

Web of Spider-Man (1985) #124 | Comic Issues | Marvel

I also don't know where Phil's colour scheme is coming from... blue and dark green??

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #225 | Comic Issues | Marvel

Spider-Man seems on the darker side too. Even when he was Spider-Carnage, he wasn't really black instead of blue.

Spider-Carnage Build Ideas : r/MarvelMultiverseRPG

20 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

The blue in Kaine's design is meant to run throughout his costume... and he's got spikes and stuff up his arms!

Web of Spider-Man (1985) #124 | Comic Issues | Marvel

I also don't know where Phil's colour scheme is coming from... blue and dark green??

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #225 | Comic Issues | Marvel

Spider-Man seems on the darker side too. Even when he was Spider-Carnage, he wasn't really black instead of blue.

Spider-Carnage Build Ideas : r/MarvelMultiverseRPG

I didn't follow Spider-Man during these costumes. I love how insanely 90's these designs are! I can't wait to see that Goblin 'mate up close.

3 hours ago, Padrino said:

I didn't follow Spider-Man during these costumes. I love how insanely 90's these designs are! I can't wait to see that Goblin 'mate up close.

On God. While the pre-posed design elements irk me to a degree (Elektra Daredevil all over again where it can only be posed in a certain way), it looks fantastic overall. And the new glider? Fucking BEAUTIFUL.

Same with the tentacles on Carolyn Trainer. Those are just god-tier. I hope to see these new parts reused more for future Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus Minimates because they look nothing short of astounding to me.

22 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

This set is amazing. I think the previous Spidey set is also. The only negative thing about that one is that it is a lot of re-hashes. Overall though those look great. Zach, will the next set of "greatest hits" be a mix of Marvel characters or a greatest hits of a certain comic like Avengers or X-Men?

A certain comic, but a mix of teams.