UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 86: 1990s Spidey

DSTZach

We've been talking about it a lot in Marvel 85's thread, but Series 86 will be revealed on Friday, and will be 1990s Spidey-themed. 

One hero we've gotten before (not Peter Parker)

One anti-hero we've never gotten

One villain we've gotten 

One villain we've only gotten animated

One villain we've never gotten

Boy, "gotten" is a strange word. It feels German. Gotten himmel!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

english is my second language and i say "boughten" a lot.  only person to call me out on it is another hispanic dude.  but yeah, if gotten is a word boughten should be too.

can't wait to see what we're getting!

Ben Reilly Spider-Man

Kaine

Jackal

Spidercide

Scrier

They would appear to be the 5 most story specific. 

Depending how loose it gets, Phil Urich Green Goblin (could class as an anti-hero or with foresight villain), Lady Doctor Octopus (villain), Stunner (villain), Judas Traveller (villain), Scorpina (villain), The Grim Hunter (villain)... were all introduced in the middle of the Clone Saga. I'm sure if you dive deeper, there's all sorts of major Spidey baddies we've not had Minimates of that cropped up at some point in the Clone Saga but weren't really relevant to the overall arc. I mean, Beetle was in an issue of Spider-Man Unlimited during the Clone Saga so I'm going to be disappointed for the 40th time that I've still not gotten a Beetle.

Could always be a trojan horse and they're going to force in some recent rubbish like Chasm or Hallow's Eve...

I think one of them has to be Doc Ock. He's the only "villain we've gotten before" with much to do with this arc. Also this:

On 4/13/2024 at 10:08 PM, DSTZach said:

Doc Ock and Sandman were 2014, but we'll see one of those again soon.

Likely Doc Ock in the white suit with Kaine, Jackal, and Ben Reilly Spider-Man.

Not sure who the final "villain we haven't gotten before" might be. Spidercide works. I feel like there are other characters who might be more interesting, however. 

Stunner, Doc Ock's girlfriend? Judas Traveller?

30 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

gonna put this out there, am i the only one who would love a CARDIAC figure?  

is he an anti hero?  probably not really........

but love me some erik larsen spider-man!

I think I remember Spector Creative saying something about the characters usage rights made him problematic. 

One of my toy friends just suggested Deadly Foes of Spider-Man and I hope he’s right.

11 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I think I remember Spector Creative saying something about the characters usage rights made him problematic. 

One of my toy friends just suggested Deadly Foes of Spider-Man and I hope he’s right.

I have Luke’s Cardiac custom, and he’s stupendous! I would also love an official Cardiac. Because the character is just so epic looking. I do think Cardiac would be considered an anti-hero. 

3 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

A Beetle would be soooooo welcome.

'Toy friends' ?  You have toys of your friends ?? :blink: 

Yeah…. You don’t?!?

3 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

I have Luke’s Cardiac custom, and he’s stupendous! I would also love an official Cardiac. Because the character is just so epic looking. I do think Cardiac would be considered an anti-hero. 

I love this custom so much.

Just realised Deadly Foes of Spider-Man fits some of these clues!

Hero we've not gotten before - Beetle (he has been a hero since 1997)

Anti-hero we've never gotten - Boomerang (he starred in his own series, Superior Foes, and as of recently was Spider-Man's pal and roommate... technically could argue he's an anti-hero by now)

Rhino - villain we've gotten before

Speed Demon - villain we've only gotten animated

Then it falls apart because our fifth villain we've never gotten before... we have had two Hydro-Men (or alternatively a Shocker). Assuming it's not another case where the clue is "oops, I forgot about that one" there are other choices - Leila Davis would fit; she was in both Deadly and Lethal Foes. The Answer was in Lethal Foes (as the bad guy iirc). Stegron (was also in Lethal Foes). Then there's Overdrive from Superior Foes. 

Could be a composite of the 90s miniseries team (Beetle, Rhino, Speed Demon, Boomerang, Hydro-Man) with the modern Boomerang design and Overdrive so that it doubles as completing the Superior Foes line-up for some (we have gotten a very old Shocker and the female Beetle).

Maybe recent comments about not doing a Sinister Six without Spider-Man were all part of a grand misdirect.

I'll jump at any chance to hope for a Beetle... 

Carrion is a clone of Miles Warren, alias the Jackal. 

So, yes, we've received a non-animated version of the Jackal, in as much as every Scarlet Spider variant counts as a Peter Parker Spider-Man.

On 4/16/2024 at 11:23 AM, thereasonsy said:

Boy, that "toy friend" of yours sounds as smart as he is handsome and an all around cool dude.

5 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Boy, that "toy friend" of yours sounds as smart as he is handsome and an all around cool dude.

He’s the best :)