UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 86: 1990s Spidey

DSTZach

On 4/20/2024 at 5:47 PM, TheMinimateKing30 said:

On God. While the pre-posed design elements irk me to a degree (Elektra Daredevil all over again where it can only be posed in a certain way), it looks fantastic overall. And the new glider? Fucking BEAUTIFUL.

Same with the tentacles on Carolyn Trainer. Those are just god-tier. I hope to see these new parts reused more for future Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus Minimates because they look nothing short of astounding to me.

Gotta say, I loved the new Elektra. Some elements require dynamic movements because they look flat otherwise (cough cough, Angel's wings should be extended, cough cough). 

Besides, the windswept hair on Kaine borders on ridiculous in the most awesome 90's way possible and I have at least one pop diva QC in mind for that 'do. I can't wait to get these!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Padrino said:

Gotta say, I loved the new Elektra. Some elements require dynamic movements because they look flat otherwise (cough cough, Angel's wings should be extended, cough cough). 

Besides, the windswept hair on Kaine borders on ridiculous in the most awesome 90's way possible and I have at least one pop diva QC in mind for that 'do. I can't wait to get these!

No, I mean, I liked the new Elektra as well, just... IDK. I'm not sure how much room it could've taken up in the box set, but some alt. parts for a more neutral mask and sash would have been welcome if you just wanna pose her normally.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:20 AM, TheMinimateKing30 said:

No, I mean, I liked the new Elektra as well, just... IDK. I'm not sure how much room it could've taken up in the box set, but some alt. parts for a more neutral mask and sash would have been welcome if you just wanna pose her normally.

Amen. 

Thank you Zach , I wasn't absolutely sure .

On 4/22/2024 at 1:20 PM, TheMinimateKing30 said:

So ,now I'm sure , it would be nice to have a couple of 'neutrals' when the std. Minimate is dynamic.  

15 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

So ,now I'm sure , it would be nice to have a couple of 'neutrals' when the std. Minimate is dynamic.  

There’s minimate STDs going around? 

Is it Gamorarrhea? Syphilester Stallone as Barney Ross?

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Amen. 

I get what you guys are saying. I think there are plenty of preexisting figures with static parts to fit (aside from her mask sash) for a "neutral" pose. I've been kind of hoping from some dynamic designs for a while. Like, even the slight flair in the newer capes offers a sense of movement or "power" that the old flat capes didn't give. IMHO, at least.

On 4/22/2024 at 3:07 PM, Padrino said:

Besides, the windswept hair on Kaine borders on ridiculous in the most awesome 90's way possible

It's approaching 'Spawn's Cape' levels of windswept 90s insanity. So good. 

13 hours ago, Nessex said:

It's approaching 'Spawn's Cape' levels of windswept 90s insanity. So good. 

The fact that everyone back then looked like the walked around with a fan blowing air from their left side regardless of where they were standing was amazing!

2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

don't forget always flexing thier muscles and grinding thier teeth that are tiny and much more in count than they should be.  and pouches.

but standing on tiny ballet feet or giant cinderblocks, depending on the angle

Edited by Padrino

11 hours ago, Padrino said:

The fact that everyone back then looked like the walked around with a fan blowing air from their left side regardless of where they were standing was amazing!

They all wanted to look like Beyoncé in concert 🤣

sorry if this has been covered -- what story (or plural) is this tied to if we wanted to read up.

i quit reading comics for a bit in the 90's and honestly NONE of these designs look familiar to me but it looks like a crazy story.  

EDIT

i just saw the two series posted on the prior page of the post.  d'oh!  any others i should look for?  is this version of doc ock in there?

Edited by nandoninny