UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but i couldn't see it anywhere:

Am i correct in understanding that *both* figures in the short-packed box will be variants?
Long-coat Hawkeye & Sub-Ultron...

I would guess we wont be seeing pics till Toyfair at the earliest, and maybe not even then (well they probably wont be allowed).

The thing you have to remember with movie licenses for films that havent been released, the toy line up could host potential spoilers and for toys like Minimates which usually boast a lot of detail and variety of characters, this could mean things get divulged before marvel plans, so they often redact pictures....hell they couldnt even name the Chitauri at first (Which lead to a whole week of the entire internet thinking the aliens would be called the Redacted :P )

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but i couldn't see it anywhere:

Am i correct in understanding that *both* figures in the short-packed box will be variants?

Long-coat Hawkeye & Sub-Ultron...

Yes, but that army-builder will be the same as one in the blind-bag assortment.

It was pure hype. It really didn't matter who they invading forces were. In fact, it mattered so little that Joss went with a little known race who had hardly ever been depicted in the comics. They needed to be disposable and foreign looking. That's it.

Keeping their name a secret lead to speculation from fan-sites & news-sites which created more buzz around the film. It was a marketing ploy.

Or they weren't sure what alien race names they had the film rights to, and were looking for the best one. Pure hypothesis on my part, but as likely as any other.

Actually now that you mention it, there are probably alternate cuts with the actors saying various Marvel alien names.

"The Badoon are coming.""

"The Skrull are coming."

"The Sakaarans are coming"

So on until they figured out which one they could actually use.

I've just finished reading an article in SFX Magazine (weirdly dated February 2015) which "puts the spotlight on Phase Three of Marvel's movie masterplan " .

A magazine from the future is publishing news that's over a month old?

I'm suspicious.

...& I'm now nervous ....

The magazine is indeed produced by...... er....Future Publishing unsure.png

The article I read may well be old news but it most certainly was news to me .

Don't want to know because of spoiler material, or because you don't like the direction things are headed?

The article is ambiguous in that it warns heavily of spoilers yet emphasises that it is 'wild speculation' .

so Lego has announced some of their A:AOU sets and it gives some character IDs that we will probably see in Minimates as well so

Spoilers Highlight to read " Ultron Officer, Ultron Soldier, Ultron Prime, Ultimate Ultron, Hydra Henchman, Iron Legion Drones and of course, Iron Man MK 43, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Vision, Black Widow,Quicksilver, and Baron Von Strucker"

Edited by Mattallica