UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt they'll be called SHIELD, namely because the new SHIELD already exists and is run by Coulson and for the most part not accepted by the public. My guess is they're related to the Iron Legion or like Trekker said, they could be SWORD.

also I think its cool to see superhero costumes integrated into the narrative when possible, doesnt mean quicksilver's final costume will be what we've seen but i like the concept that his first suit is a modified training suit

I seriously doubt they'll be called SHIELD, namely because the new SHIELD already exists and is run by Coulson and for the most part not accepted by the public. My guess is they're related to the Iron Legion or like Trekker said, they could be SWORD.

Coulson is leading what is left of the old SHIELD, struggling, disgraced, and left in the shadows.

However, if the Avengers rebuilt SHIELD and brought them back into the light, I could see it still being SHIELD and not something new.

I hope it's notthose boring nonsense "uniforms"

which uniforms are we talking about now?

higher up on this page, if you are on a phone it might not load the picture right.

Im pretty sure when I posted those i said i speculated that they are "TRAINING UNIFORMS" as in clothes you wear when training, not field agent attire

I could see it as being a SHIELD replacement organization. With the fall of the original SHIELD a new group, possibly made up of powered individuals, created by Cap or the Avengers to mop up "wildfires" that the regular Avengers can't deal with. Leading into Cap: Civil War between this new organization and Colson's SHIELD with Cap caught in the middle. Of course it could just be the introduction of an Avengers Academy as well and it would explain how Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch first meet the Avengers.

I doubt it's SWORD. That organization isn't likely won't show up until Guardians 2, if they visit Earth, or more likely Captain Marvel.

I imagine SHIELD is having some major issues with brand identity. I doubt the public at large would put their trust in a SHIELD 2.0. (Or any other compromised acronyms.)

Wasn't it supposed to be a secret organization anyway? When did they go public? When the Triskelion started construction and folks were asking, "What's THAT?"

I think SHIELD still has a lot of legs before it gets boring, but I agree with the obvious sentiment that Cap will have nothing to do with a new "SHIELD" or a peace keeping organization similar. I think Tony could see the merit in one (especially by the end of Ultron) and I think this could also be part of the governments way of keeping the Avengers in check without SHIELD, like "hey train our guys and we will let you keep saving people"

• 2 weeks later...

Marginally related side-thought:

I feel like Agents of SHIELD's plot/story beats seem largely outside the movie canon. And will probably remain so by design. So as to sort of bolster the universe for those who care to watch... but not interfere with it. Or make the movies rely on it in any way.

I realize they're supposed to exist in the same planned universe... but it really feels like something tacked on to the cinematic universe. That responds to changes which come FROM the movies, but does not contribute changes TO the movies.

Coulson might be re-integrated to the films at somepoint... but I don't see the whole team/cast coming along with him in anything more than a cameo at best. Nor do I think Mockingbird, Absorbing Man, or even perhaps the new SHIELD, will ever play a significant role in the films... at least not in a way that seems like a direct result of anything which happened in the show (Vaguely indirect maybe).

And if a movie's director ever one day DEMANDS Mockingbird be in his movie (which likely won't happen, but for the sake of argument...) I don't imagine they'd have much problem re-casting her and largely disregarding elements of the character established within the show as they saw fit.

I realize as nerds we want it all to be one cohesive thing, with lots of back and forth and give and take... but I really don't expect these guys in the blue shirts to have jack-squat to do with Coulson's SHIELD. Even if they do turn out to be a new movie-verse SHIELD in training.

Edited by Gillbob316

ya I think SHIELD is definitely growing more integral to the MCU and I doubt we'd see any recasting of the major players, especially with the stuff their setting up with Bobbi.

I also dont think the dudes in the blue shirts have anything to do with Coulson and as ive said, I doubt they will be called SHIELD at all, I do think they are some new organization, right my now my top guess is pilots of the Iron Legion assuming those are not just drones (which they very well might be)

just a thought here, but the "blue shirts" could be Agents of S.W.O.R.D. after the events of The Avengers, the "Shadow group" that launched the nuke at NYC could've created them to combat the extraterrestrial threat.

Since the higher-ups in SHIELD knew in advance (in the movies) about the existence of aliens, surely this "shadow group" knew as well and would have plans in the works. i think it could be pretty cool, especially since SHIELD might not be much of a factor for the near future.

edit: ah looking back a page or so, I see that Trekker already suggested SWORD.

Edited by tones