UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

I do think these sets are the kind convention exclusives should be, as opposed to essential new sets and characters, etc. Most of these are 2-packs with very small variation on existing or upcoming mates, very take it or leave it for collectors, but great for advertising and bringing in new fans on the floor.

The spidey isn't for me as I've got w46, may well grab the Walking Dead set for the new zombie. That dragonfly is amusing, really ugly minimate!

X-Men look great, a must for me, even if its just for the wonderful new Emma. I do wonder how the cape is attached... I always assumed they'd have it hanging at the back, attached to a neck chocker piece.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think these sets are the kind convention exclusives should be, as opposed to essential new sets and characters, etc. Most of these are 2-packs with very small variation on existing or upcoming mates, very take it or leave it for collectors, but great for advertising and bringing in new fans on the floor.

The spidey isn't for me as I've got w46, may well grab the Walking Dead set for the new zombie. That dragonfly is amusing, really ugly minimate!

X-Men look great, a must for me, even if its just for the wonderful new Emma. I do wonder how the cape is attached... I always assumed they'd have it hanging at the back, attached to a neck chocker piece.

emma's cape is attached like the new thor capes.

how us the 'new Thor' cape attached? I didn't think the Avengers Thor had a cape.

Much like most if Emma's costume, I'm not entirely sure how it all stays on.

That's her REAL power.

Also, take a look at Emma's shoulders and armpits. There's a little piece of plastic that's attached to the cape and is fitting around 3/4ths of them. I can't detect anything around her neck, though.

Edited by Mystery Man

how us the 'new Thor' cape attached? I didn't think the Avengers Thor had a cape.

Not Avengers TRU he means Wave 44/TRU Wave 12/Disney 4-pack (and 42 I think, don’t remember which was the Cap/Thor wave)

Emma does appear to have ‘clips’ over her shoulders int he original pic, so it probably slides over her other shoulders and the clips work like suspenders.

So here's the thing... I will most likely not be getting most any of these sets. But I hope my reasoning stands. The quality looks like it ranges from good to incredible... But...

1. I just don't care for the X-Men very much and I don't keep up with storylines. So I don't really want the AVX Minis because I just don't care for X-Men comics. It's a convoluted story to follow and has too many confusing characters for me to bounce right in.

2. I only wanted two figures really from Amazing Spider-Man. Spidey and the Lizard, pure and simple. Because of the packing I have to get Spidey, Lizard, Parker, and BD Spidey, but that's okay. So that's my reasoning for those.

As for the other two I really REALLY don't need to be getting into another line now. I'm gonna try to stick to Marvel, Universal Monsters, and Marvel movies from now on (Unless DST somehow winds up getting DC or the Hobbit or this new boxset from AFX blows my mind. Those I will not be able to resist) so I won't be seeking hard after the Battle Beasts or Walking Dead (As much as it pains me to skip Walking Dead. [sigh])

There's my input into these sets (As if you wanted it) so... carry on.

Quoted for truth!

We often forget that con exclusives are intended to drive the brand to new and casual fans as much as cater to the converted (that's us). I think DST's done a fine job here of piggybacking on Marvel's big event for the year and launching two new lines. My only question would be: why a Spider-Man movie set, rather then Avengers? But then I remember that Avengers ended up being bigger then anyone expected, and that we don't know yet how Spider-Man will do (it may outpreform our expectations, a la X-Men First Class). So I should just shut up about it.

'Suspenders' in the UK means something other than 'suspenders' in the US.

I dream of Emma in them :wub:

(looks up ‘suspenders’ to see what you’re talking about)

ah, okay...

yeah, well it’s like those Suspenders too I guess (with the cape being the stocking) but it looks like you guys call what we call ‘suspenders’ (the two straps worn over the shoulders that hold up a gentleman’s pants) you call ‘braces’ in the UK... so in that case “Emma’s cape has little clasp on the shoulders that work like braces”

(braces is the term we use for orthodontic corrective devices in the states... I can only assume you call those ‘garter belts’ in the UK by transitive property)

By the time SDCC comes around, The Avengers will be SO "last May." The buzz on the convention floor will be about The Dark Knight Ri-- I mean The Amazing Spider-Man so I understand the call on that one. If the movie's awesome, then DST has some cool con swag for attendees. If the movie's crap, well, the 2-pack reflects that as well so DST really can't lose. B)

1338917779[/url]' post='230166']

Thanks Zach. Just a tad too much hair, but maybe if it were a darker shade I would like it better.

1338917578[/url]' post='230165']

Fabio? Is that you with the hammer?

LOL!

Watch out for geese... :)

Give the Menace hair a try. I think it works well.

'Suspenders' in the UK means something other than 'suspenders' in the US.

I dream of Emma in them :wub:

(looks up ‘suspenders’ to see what you’re talking about)

ah, okay...

yeah, well it’s like those Suspenders too I guess (with the cape being the stocking) but it looks like you guys call what we call ‘suspenders’ (the two straps worn over the shoulders that hold up a gentleman’s pants) you call ‘braces’ in the UK... so in that case “Emma’s cape has little clasp on the shoulders that work like braces”

(braces is the term we use for orthodontic corrective devices in the states... I can only assume you call those ‘garter belts’ in the UK by transitive property)

<3 <3 <3