UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completely in love with the X-Men set. They look great. Just great. (I'm hoping AFX has a set that features some more updated X-Men, specifically Namor and Magik. The big player Avengers so far have been done to death lately, but Ms. Marvel and Doctor Strange would be cool.) I'm really excited for this set.

The WD set looks nice as well. Easily among the best "battle damaged" variants we've seen. :)

I'll probably pass on the Spidey, and I still don't know how I feel about battle beasts.

Did you debate whether Showing Walking Dead like that is too much of a SPOILER?

I know a lot of people that still only know the show and seeing this minimate could upset them a bit.

We covered this in one of the other threads. 1) It's not a spoiler because the issue has been out for (4?) years now. 2) People can go read it at any time. It's readily available in many forms. 3) I doubt they'll do that on the show. 4) If you're watching that terrible show, spoilers are the least of your worries.

MAN that AvX sets is good!

I like the Walking Dead stuff. I think they are a must have.

The Battle Beasts are cool looking, but I am still on the fence about this line.

Poopy Spiderman is nothing fancy.

The X-men look pretty cool and I will get them for sure.

I am still predicting Thundercats from AFX...

3) I doubt they'll do that on the show. 4) If you're watching that terrible show, spoilers are the least of your worries.

#3 I think you're wrong

#4 you like to push your opinions on others. The show is great but not a clone of the books. We get it, you don't like it.

There should be a filter on this forum that automatically deletes "[insert set here] is a pass from me." :biggrin: I always knew that the AFX sets would be more exciting for you guys, anyway. (Not sure of announce date, but I hope he makes you all wait. :P )

Spidey is the most popular Minimate we sell at SDCC, so I expect a lot of kids and parents will like the ASM set. Wish we'd been able to get a lab coat into that one, but I'm sure it will do fine.

Walking Dead is not a spoiler. This is based on the comic book, and that happened years ago. Who knows when and if it will happen in the show -- it'll certainly make filming difficult and uncomfortable for Rick.

The Zik Minimate was put together for fun -- none of the Series 1 sculpts were gonna be ready in time. It doesn't represent the line, but you'll see Series 1 at SDCC, and you'll want to get the Dragonfly to fight the Scorpion. Pretty sure that reflects the control art I showed at C2E2, though -- those wings were too cool not to re-use.

May ultimately go with slightly different Colossonaut chest, and helmet is not final colors. And that's not hair behind Hope's knee -- not a Phoenix base, either. New pics soon.

Bananas is still not a clue.

That Emma hairpiece is going on my Avengers Thor! :)

Zach, if you have these in hand, any chance you can snap a picture of that? Pretty please?

I will think about it!

May ultimately go with slightly different Colossonaut chest, and helmet is not final colors. And that's not hair behind Hope's knee -- not a Phoenix base, either. New pics soon.

Bananas is still not a clue.

behind hopes knee...is that a jet pack perhaps?

Jeff of the Miniacs

Using Frost's hair for Avengers Thor is a fantastic idea. I always liked the proto Thor's hair better than the final product. I wouldn't mind the red on Colossus being a little brighter so I can fix it up to make a regular Astonishing X-Men version to display with the rest of that team.

I learned my lesson & I'm just hoping the actual 'mates will be a bit more exciting than what we're currently seeing. I just can't believe that that Dragonfly 'beast won't have Wasp's (van Dyne's ) wings which I have always thought were superb,these look opaque . Why on earth pick this character first ....there must be a rational ,logical reason why such a complicated character is being rolled out so early ? So many untried parts in one character is IMO too much too early & I just can't focus on what I'm actually seeing & when I do I don't like it.....here's hoping the actual figure looks way better.

AvX look kinda nice &, as its SDCC, I understand why they've been chosen,I'm reading AvX currently & there is a huge cache of characters many of whom have new costumes so maybe we'll get some more. Slimer-Man & Lizard ? I dunno :rolleyes: previous disclaimers apply. Walking Dead pair .......I'm liking Rick but I've said it before ....the zombies need to have a bit more originality than just blood & bone tampos . I've been studying Marvel Zombies Minimates quite a bit lately & the detail on those figures are breathtaking....no little wonder the box-sets fetch such high prices on ebay these days. A sculpted Cap head with his brains poking out was released years ago so surely we can expect a few similar 'heads' in this line ? Early days again but surely it's a no-brainer time to catch the new fans with some gutsy figures ?

I disagree on the WD Spoiler issue. The WD Show is bigger than the comic now. You could turn off a whole new audience that has yet to see the comics (you know how hard it is for Norms to get into comics), so you post those Minis on your Facebook Page let's say and they've been spoiled. Not a huge spoiler, but it definitely a spoiler.

SPOILERS- Lord of the Rings was a Book before a Movie, but you could spoil Gandalf or Boromir dying, something along those lines.

Can't say I'm particularly excited, as I don't care for most modern Marvel designs, have grown to hate the Walking Dead comic, don't care much about the Spider-Man movie, and am on the fence about Battle Beasts (sorry, Zach, there's the need for that filter again). That said, I think these are all very smart sets that will sell very well to the SDCC crowd. See, just because they don't appeal to me doesn't mean they're bad. I'm glad DST is getting a jump on AvX while it's still hot, and I assume that we'll be seeing a sister set from AFX (or down the road as another exclusive). The Walking Dead set is certainly not a spoiler, for the reasons that have been said, but in any event, why should DST even care? They don't have the show license, only the comic. Should they not make Michone because she hasn't appeared on the show yet?:confused:

I have been thinking about this all morning and just have to say one thing. The Fear Itself boxes will come out before SDCC right? It would be really weird to me if last year's big event thing got minimates AFTER the ones for this year's event thing.

Otherwise, please take my money, I will have all of these, thank you. Also, Colossus = needs proper fists with fingers. Minor nitpick. Want it either way.

Edited by The Geohound

NEW EMMA FROST OH MY GOD YES. :lol:

Made my day, i can FINALLY stop using First Class, and can finally put that abysmal old Emma pack in the "obsolete" box where she never should have left. She looks fantastic, maybe among the best releases of the year.

Good to finally get Modern Cyclops too, me being a big Cyke guy and all, but man that costume just doesn't look right in toy form. Figure looks pretty good and i'm very happy to have him though.

Pretender Jean i dunno what to do with yet. Still don't know if i like her as a character. Curious to the possible jetpack. Colossonaut is just stupid. The helmet will go right to Juggernaut, but man do i hate he even exists.

Walking Dead is fairly ideal and makes perfect sense (and is NOT a spoiler at all. FOUR YEARS, i don't care if people know the show better. Little Annie becomes Vader if you didn't know, and Jesus dies.) Definite buy.

Not sure i like the Beast set yet, but probably because they're protos.

Spider-man is garbage. Literally and well......you get the idea.

I just can't believe that that Dragonfly 'beast won't have Wasp's (van Dyne's ) wings which I have always thought were superb,these look opaque .

Is it possible that the wings are just painted samples because they didn't have the actual wings in hand? Maybe they could still be translucent?

Should they not make Michone because she hasn't appeared on the show yet?:confused:

Michone showed up at the end of last season's finale. I can see both sides though. Honestly I've been trying to not tell my wife about anything that happens in the comic because she's only seen the show and sometimes what happens in the comic does happen in the show. As for spoilers to most people seeing this on Facebook? I think a lot of people who know nothing of the comic will probably just say DST didn't notice the figure was missing a hand when they took the picture :)

Edited by Shogi

Shouldn't Rick's holster be on the other hip? :P

His holster on the right is comic accurate. It took him a while to eventually find a 'lefty'.

Hope he comes with his axe in this set?

Edited by Pete

I always knew that the AFX sets would be more exciting for you guys, anyway. (Not sure of announce date, but I hope he makes you all wait. :P )

Zach–

Lots of speculation about a complementary Avengers set to go with the X-men one, and for some reason I don't think it would light a fire under this crowd like you seem to think the AFX sets will. So... is TRU doing an Avengers set... or any set this year?

PS: I am very excited about this set! :)

---

Everyone else–

Just to throw some healthy speculation in the mix, who would go in an Avengers set? We've seen the big 3 done ad nauseum over the past year, so I'm not sure what could be added there other than a repack of Cap, Heroic Age IM, or the Thor we're getting with MvC3. I wouldn't quarrel with a current costume Wolvie. Protector has been pretty big in AvX, and would be cool. Current costume Hawkeye or Beast would be potentially awesome.

Edited by Lobsterman