UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 85: Spidey 2010s

Trekker 42

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean... the Slingers had a little reunion moment in the late 2010s with Scarlet Spider.
Despite my near constant cry out for more female characters and more villains, I think a set featuring Ben Reilly, Dusk, Hornet, Prodigy & Ricochet would look pretty hot!

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 10.36.38 am.png

16 hours ago, Nessex said:

I mean... the Slingers had a little reunion moment in the late 2010s with Scarlet Spider.
Despite my near constant cry out for more female characters and more villains, I think a set featuring Ben Reilly, Dusk, Hornet, Prodigy & Ricochet would look pretty hot!

Love the look of these! 

16 hours ago, Nessex said:

I would LOVE the Slingers!  Especially Ricochet. I love his look. 

That wouldn't make a bad set, especially if Disney's still planning on using those costumes for a D+ cartoon. I'd love it if they could come with the Rose and Black Tarantula to reflect the Identity Crisis storyline, but that doesn't as likely.

22 hours ago, Nessex said:

Your ideas appeal to me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter

I gave up on Spider-Man during One More Day and never looked back so I’m woefully unprepared for this. I’m also bummed we didn’t get anything for the Avengers and X-Men since it was a huge anniversary year. Not to mention Uncanny has a big milestone coming up too.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

There is a woman in the set.

A sixth micro-figure will be included. 

Ben Reilly may be involved. 

the micro-figure is Peter Porker!

I'm thinking it is going to be a Spider-verse wave, which is ok ( I am dying for a comic version of Spidey 2099). I am kinda sick of all the multiverse storylines that have been done to death over the past 10 years or so though. The Ultimate universe is the exception to that in my opinion. The Ultimates, Ultimate X-men, and Ultimate Spider-man were great comics.

1 hour ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I'm thinking it is going to be a Spider-verse wave, which is ok ( I am dying for a comic version of Spidey 2099). I am kinda sick of all the multiverse storylines that have been done to death over the past 10 years or so though. The Ultimate universe is the exception to that in my opinion. The Ultimates, Ultimate X-men, and Ultimate Spider-man were great comics.

We had a 2099 Spidey already. I’m guessing it will be Peter, Miles, Gwen, Kaine and Morlun but would rather Peter, Julia Carpenter Madame Web, Kaine, and two other Spiders. 

8 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

We had a 2099 Spidey already. I’m guessing it will be Peter, Miles, Gwen, Kaine and Morlun but would rather Peter, Julia Carpenter Madame Web, Kaine, and two other Spiders. 

Going by my personal rule of “animated version don’t count” the last 2099 was in like 2004, wasn’t meant to exist in the first place, and does not at all hold up to today’s Minimate standards. 
Our boy needs a remake. 

3 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Our boy needs a remake. 

i’m in for an updated version, and i just realized the web wings from W80 spider-woman could be a nice addition

If this is Spiderverse based then with what I remember; the main female spiders were Gwen, both versions of Jessica Drew (616 & Ultimate); Spider-girl & Silk.

I personally would hope that the female would be Silk since we only got her once before as a chase figure in the blind packs & not a fan of her secondary prices now. If it isn't her then I'd hope either Spidergirl or the Ultimate Jessica Drew as we have only gotten those characters once before as well. (Not counting the animated Spidergirl since she wears Peter's suit instead of Ben's like the comic version.)

Definitely want an updated comic Miguel. The animated one was nice but we need one with the cape, clawed hands & sculpted arm fins.

If Ben Reilly is involved; my guess is that it would be based off his classic Spiderman suit given that is what he wore during the main story & the Scarlet Spiders side book for Spiderverse but Zach mentioning "Ben Reilly may be invloved" opens up the possibility it is a set based off the Dead No More storyline instead in which case that would make Ben the Jackal.

Really don't want a standard Peter given how many there are available. If it is a comic Spiderverse set; that leaves plenty of choices without Peter of characters that have only been made once, animated only or not at all to pick from for additions to the line.

Edited by HellfireSamurai

"Blind packs & chase figures "  & 'exclusives' have left their legacy & IMHO a stain on the minimate line .   

I'm mentioning this because of the reference to a  'Ben Reilly' minimate which ,out of sheer coincidence, I've noticed on US eBay (re: Sun Coast Hobgoblin/Scarlet Spider) has become something of an overpriced rarity....bidding has not finished on one item on current US eBay & the bidding started at $80 !   Trust me when I say that that particular set came across the Atlantic to the UK from the US ,15 years ago, by the case load (unsold & cheap).  Define rare ??

Ben Reilly may be invloved (sic) but TBQH I am tired of a line driven by someone that cannot fathom that 96 previous Spider-Man figures are almost enough .

I look forward to Bacon Reilly , I look forward to the pigtures on Instaham . 

Edited by buttheadsmate
Tiredness

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

"Blind packs & chase figures "  & 'exclusives' have left their legacy & IMHO a stain on the minimate line .   

While chase figures are certainly not fun, and were not strictly required for placement, exclusives have been part of the line from the very beginning, and existed out of necessity. We would never have gotten in Target and TRU and Walgreens and Hot Topic without exclusives, and the line would have been very short lived.

And blind packs got us back into mass retail at Kmart and Gamestop. Sure, Mass Effect had its issues, as did TMNT at times, but blind packs we only tried once for Marvel, and they were not rare nor highly sought after. 

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Ben Reilly may be invloved (sic) but TBQH I am tired of a line driven by someone that cannot fathom that 96 previous Spider-Man figures are almost enough .

Besides Chuck being a fan, he's Marvel's #1 character. We're always going to make him. If you don't count the What If set, I THINK we haven't made a red-and-blue Spider-Man since wave 76 in 2018, or black costume since 2019's wave 77. He's actually overdue. Pretty sure Marvel Legends makes a new Spidey every other year or so.

My last post was driven by previous posts & as always any new Minimate is welcome & I look forward to this one.

I'm not intentionally argumentative & I do concede that I have 'followed' the Minimate line in my own particular way .

The first Spider-Man Minimate was sold 20 years ago , it sold in 9 different packaging variants in 5 different retail outlets ...comic stores, Target,Walmart,Shopko & ToysRUs .

It sold as a single pack & was also included in a 2 pack , a 4 pack & a 5 pack .  Despite that , those packs are now relatively rare on US eBay , I'm not sure why.

That new Minimate character was exceptional from the very beginning ,it was 'in' in 5 retail outlets without any exclusivity .

I can obviously see why DST might follow the Spider-Man 'path' .

I also understand why 'exclusivity' might be the choice of a pushy retailer , obviously I understand that. Unfortunately I have seen that, eventually, 'exclusivity' excluded many collectors but that horse has been flogged by me several times before. Sorry. 

So perhaps I am just a lonely voice , someone who loves Spider-Man & loves Minimates , someone who actually loved  Waves 76 & 77 .....2 of the strongest waves in years with totally worthwhile Spider-Man variations  .   I guess my problem is that I collected Walgreen Minimates , Walgreen Minimates waves (generally) had at least one Spider-Man variation (sometimes 2 ) in each wave , if there wasn't a Spider-Man then there was a Venom or a Spider-Woman/Girl ! 

Maybe 'animated versions don't count' ?   I can count .

15 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

bidding has not finished on one item on current US eBay & the bidding started at $80 !   Trust me when I say that that particular set came across the Atlantic to the UK from the US ,15 years ago, by the case load (unsold & cheap).  Define rare ??

To be fair, I purchased a new pack about eight months ago for around $25 *on* eBay. Can’t always believe that eBay price hype!