UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 85: Spidey 2010s


Trekker 42

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

One of the future box sets should be just a whole-ass Sinister Sox box set. Not sure what era could specifically be covered (I think a mid-2000s/*Marvel Knights: Spider-Man* aesthetic would work the best, personally, since there's a ton of unique character looks that haven't been touched on as of yet), but it'd be a decent way of getting more Spider-Man villains in bulk.

I'm aware we've recently gotten updates for Kraven and Vulture, but I would CREAM myself for a *Marvel Knights*/*Thunderbolts*-styled Green Goblin or a Marvel NOW! 2012-styled Electro (the classic look but with black pants), in all honesty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some needed Sinister Six members are planned, but not a full team, especially that we're now doing five-packs. Hopefully everyone bought Luke's Deadly Foes box set, with Doc Ock and Sandman.

Series 86 (also Spider-Man) will be revealed later this month! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

One of the future box sets should be just a whole-ass Sinister Sox box set.

A Sinister Sox box set would no doubt have Sasquatch (Bigfoot) & the Eel in it ? Some other arch foes are shoe-ins .

 

Please forgive me MinimateKing ...your excellent prediction  doesn't deserve it .....but I just couldn't help myself .

-R.Solesmate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Porting this over from the X-Men thread:

 

24 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Series 86 is NOT X-Men, but it IS Spider-Man, which we just did. BUT it is a storyline we have not explored yet. Should be cool.

Should this indicate that it isn't the Clone Saga? Because we certainly have seen several of the key players of that storyline. . .

Could it be "The Gathering" ? or "Planet of the Symbiotes" ?

 

On 1/17/2024 at 3:35 PM, DSTZach said:

Series 86 is based on a 1990s storyline, and has two new characters, plus one who has only been done animated.

I can't think of anything other than "Clone Saga" that fits this so purely. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Should this indicate that it isn't the Clone Saga? Because we certainly have seen several of the key players of that storyline. . .

Could it be "The Gathering" ? or "Planet of the Symbiotes" ?

I'd guess Identity Crisis as Jack O'Lantern is in that storyline and has only been done animated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Kaine (in scarlet spider costume)

In the context of the show, however, it's Ben Reilly. So depending on what DST is judging by, Kaine has not yet been made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm up for any of the villains mentioned whether they've been made in a different format ( animated, comic etc.etc. ) or not.

However I'm not sure whether I'll embrace too many, new ,slightly different comic versions of existing Minimate animated versions. The animated Jackal for example is IMHO .....unfortunate...& needs a completely different version . Interestingly enough the animated Jackal wore shorts whilst the comic version sports a pair of green Speedos .... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2024 at 5:43 PM, buttheadsmate said:

A Sinister Sox box set would no doubt have Sasquatch (Bigfoot) & the Eel in it ? Some other arch foes are shoe-ins .

 

Please forgive me MinimateKing ...your excellent prediction  doesn't deserve it .....but I just couldn't help myself .

-R.Solesmate

I... I don't get it. XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starlord, Groot and Rocket Raccoon have all gotten Minimates of there MCU and Animated versions. But no comic version minimates yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

Starlord, Groot and Rocket Raccoon have all gotten Minimates of there MCU and Animated versions. But no comic version minimates yet.

Star-Lord has received a comics figure. Hail Ivan.

But, to your point, a modern-classic set of Guardians of the Galaxy characters would be terrific. In the navy blue/red uniforms emulated in the last movie. It could just be the core five characters from the movies with a Cosmo pack-in figure. Although, based on how Spider-Ham looks in the upcoming "Spider-Verse" assortment, I would trust them to do justice with a Rocket Raccoon mini-figure, freeing up a spot for an additional character like Phyla-Vell or Adam Warlock.

Speaking of which. . .

I would also advocate for a seventies-era Jim Starlin Warlock set.
Warlock
Magus
Gamora
Thanos
In-Betweener 
pack in Pip the Troll, based on the same confidence in the Spider-Ham figure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Star-Lord has received a comics figure. Hail Ivan.

But, to your point, a modern-classic set of Guardians of the Galaxy characters would be terrific. In the navy blue/red uniforms emulated in the last movie. It could just be the core five characters from the movies with a Cosmo pack-in figure. Although, based on how Spider-Ham looks in the upcoming "Spider-Verse" assortment, I would trust them to do justice with a Rocket Raccoon mini-figure, freeing up a spot for an additional character like Phyla-Vell or Adam Warlock.

Speaking of which. . .

I would also advocate for a seventies-era Jim Starlin Warlock set.
Warlock
Magus
Gamora
Thanos
In-Betweener 
pack in Pip the Troll, based on the same confidence in the Spider-Ham figure.

The Avengers Time Suit 4 pack, to me, was pure bliss and the go forward for all team uniforms. I’d happily buy multiple of a GOTG set in those costumes. Also Alcolytes, X-Factor (ok it’s was just Scott and Jean but relax), New Mutants (x-edition), Hellions, and more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Yes! Unlikely, and not a run I really am familiar with, but great idea!

Ah well. A boy can dream.

If nothing else, I may've facilitated the beginning of a new Warlock fan!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...