UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

Is that Strawberry Shortcake? And which of the hands/heads is supposed to be you, Zach? :D

Also, the other two look familiar but I cannot place them....

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I recognize the Strawberry Shortcake pose from a SI Swimsuit cover. Anyway, I just can't stand his work. I can't even really tell you why. It's not the heavy photo reference use (although if you're going to do that, AT LEAST take the photos yourself). There's just a quality about it that strikes me as wrong. BTW, Zexion, what could you possibly not like about Javier Pulido? He's phenominal.

Oh, and everyone that didn't recognize She-Ra: shame on you! What kind of nerds are you? I can understand not knowing Rainbow Brite, but He-Man's sister?nono.gif

BTW, Zexion, what could you possibly not like about Javier Pulido? He's phenominal.

Oh, and everyone that didn't recognize She-Ra: shame on you! What kind of nerds are you? I can understand not knowing Rainbow Brite, but He-Man's sister?nono.gif

After the Hawkeye Annual, I think he draws a horribly ugly kate Bishop. makes her face too round and creepy eyes.

and lol........ never watched He Man... like, ever.

If the movie hits in May, they'll predate the film, and be a nice lead-in, but overlap assumes that these will still be on pegs three months later and that the movie ones are happening, and will be out in May. Neither is for certain. Hopefully these sell out instantaneously -- I doubt they'll affect movie 'Mate sales, since the costumes for the three overlapping characters will be fairly different.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is scheduled to hit theatres April 4, 2014 as to not cross paths with Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which gets a May 2 , 2014 release date). So the question is... Will we have 2 Marvel Movie mates waves back to back?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Whoops, thought Cap was May. April is definitely closer to February. But I also think this assortment is tentatively scheduled for January.

I have not seen a confirmation that we're doing Cap 2 'Mates OR ASM2 'Mates, I just know that three of the characters in this series are slated to be in Cap 2, and I assume we'd make all three of them, were a movie series to happen. So while this is all hypothetical, I don't think this assortment would affect Cap 2. Or ASM 2. Or DoFP. Or GotG. But I really don't know.

I always feel so weird whenever I pick up MLP things for my daughter. I want to say "this isn't for me", which I've never felt before (I've obviously bought my share of embarrassing items) I feel bad for the Bronies that just like the show, because it is pretty good. I can watch it with my daughter and not be bored silly, unlike, say, Strawberry Shortcake. But those guys that fantasize about the ponies... yikes.

I will probably get a custom case from Luke (6). Plus a set from my LCS. So, 8, plus whatever I can do with extra Struckers and Vipers.