UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to forget that most of us take this form factor for granted... Some folks have never seen a block figure before. I think many will become converts... How could you not? MiniMates are at the top of their game. Loving Lion-O's accessories, I'll definitely be picking these up in SD in a couple weeks. Looking forward to the MM panel.

There was a time when I thought Minimates were a bit meh..that coincided with a time when I'd never seen one in the flesh ....so I sometimes understand some people's reticence about liking them. even though they've never actually handled one. A few moans from the ol'time Battle Beast & Thundercat fans isn't going to stop the Minimate rolling along is it?!

That said when the Ghostbusters were released all I recall was universal love about the line....& I don't mean just here ...odd isn't it?

Easy to forget that most of us take this form factor for granted... Some folks have never seen a block figure before. I think many will become converts... How could you not?

Minimates made me a block figure convert. Before 'mates, I had no interest in the category. Then I saw how poseable and interchangeable the figures were and I hopped right on the bandwagon. Toys were FUN again.

Same as me Mpl. I really disliked the Kubrick Marvel stuff especially. Once I saw that first Hulk Minimate on RTM, it was love at first sight. Of course, I said to myself, "just the one and done". Look how that turned out...

Thanks for the translation KostisFire. It would seem that LEGO FOVERA is more of a compliment than a dislike. Beware Lego!

And on that note, it is confirmed. The Multiverse will have multiple Thundercats sets to prize-out after SDCC is over. I can't do it before.

I just want the ability to buy one at retail-cost (whatever the $15-20 con price will be). That's always been my concern with con-exclusives. Especially cons I can't afford to go to (and Chicago keeps getting shafted by every con & toyline over the past few years). :confused:

Tenime, as soon as the SDCC comes to a close (maybe even on last day) go to AFX. If he doesn't sell out, he puts them on his site at retail.

Now, if Luke plans to get some, I encourage him to speak up. Just trying to help.

And on that note, it is confirmed. The Multiverse will have multiple Thundercats sets to prize-out after SDCC is over. I can't do it before.

Boo-yah. As long as it's not a contest where we have to re-enact scenes from "Cats"', I'm in.

Boo-yah. As long as it's not a contest where we have to re-enact scenes from "Cats"', I'm in.

Awesome! and yes please no renditions of Jellicle cats.

So you guys are cool with dressing up as them, just no acting skills needed. Gotcha :thumbsup: So we can start with the "Dress up as Cats, Hoooo!" contest soon :tongue:

Tenime, as soon as the SDCC comes to a close (maybe even on last day) go to AFX. If he doesn't sell out, he puts them on his site at retail.

Now, if Luke plans to get some, I encourage him to speak up. Just trying to help.

Luke said in the Toy Store thread that he'll be carrying these.:thumbsup:

1340991322[/url]' post='234699']

Luke already mentioned someplace that he is going to stock these. That's how I plan to get mine, because otherwise, I'm just plain screwed.

EDIT: Drat! Hellpop is winner.

I haven't been this excited for new minimates in a while. This whole year so far has just been incredible, and continues to keep being even more incredible ever new release that comes along. Thank you, DST. From the bottom of my cold, blackened, malicious little heart, I love you. And Icon Heroes, I have never heard of you before, but I know who you are now.

Edited by The Geohound

I'm glad I get paid the 13th, because I won't be doing any work that following Monday until I've tried to get all the exclusives I want (X-Force Legends, both G.I. Jinxes, the AFX stuff). Thank the gods BBTS had at least 4 of the Minimates sets for preorder.

And, I hope by that unique inclusion of Snarf, that we'll get a Ma-Mutt sometime down the line, too.

So you guys are cool with dressing up as them, just no acting skills needed. Gotcha :thumbsup: So we can start with the "Dress up as Cats, Hoooo!" contest soon :tongue:

To the mods, are there ways to just completely block out threads, so we can never see them and can really just pretend that they don't exist at all? Not asking for any particular reason. Just curious. . .

Aww Snarf it... I'm in...

I get the feeling that Snarf isn't articulated but just designed to go with the minimate looks. But I would be wrong.

Who's going to army build Snarfs?

Hey Stormy,You already know I will be, I'll have an army of lion-0's, no lie.

He's my favorite hero/character from my childhood and I'd say he still is. I won't go into all my lion-0 stuff here, I even have my little guy loving him, and we each have lion-0 statues in our rooms! He even wanted to change the real tall lion-0 's diaper awhile ago ( which I guess it looks like he's just wearing undies anyway)

He will be 3 on July 16th, and this will be his very first minimates set, the timing Couldn't be better, its half the reason I'm so excited, since our early mornings consist of breakfast , playing guys, then daycare by lunch.

Hoooooooo-ly crap! That Lion-O is just stunning! The glove/sword is just amazing, I am soooo excited to get these :woot: SDCC can't get here soon enough, only thing that would make it better is if I were going :tongue: And I'm definitely going to have to get in on the contest, even if it means dressing up :lol:

That is awesome Josh. I turn fourty-THREE on July 17th.

Nice, that was his due date, and missed it by an hour and a half. Anyone born on Dec. 9th, that's when the new baby is supposed to be here! ;-)

Awesome Lobsterman, a great Bday present for you as well!

Edited by Nervous

So Zach, are there designs drawn up for the new show? Even if they aren't going to be made?

I bet if we gave you guys chocolate Minimates, you'd immediately ask for chocolate Minimates with crispies in them.

Ah, the vocal minority at it again....( Sorry Dino)

Not everyone Zach , there are many of us quiet folk who appreciate and realize how many chocolate crispies that you already put in our minimates

Hey. I wasn't asking if we were getting them. Zach said that they liked the designs. I was just wondering how much, and what exactly the license covers. This wasn't a complaint, but rather a query for information.

Dude, I was just teasin'. I know it wasn't a complaint, I just love how every new character or property mentioned gets Multiversers (not just you) thinking about what might be next, be it DC or Silverhawks or MOTU, none of which I'm going to bother addressing, because each of them is highly unlikely for different reasons. Your suggestion would have been more likely, although I imagine the series getting cancelled bodes ill for that. But I don't know anything -- this is AFX's baby, I'm just happy to be on the Thundertrain.

And I agree, this may be the most Minimate-appropriate license ever. Something about the colors and simplicity of 1980s cartoons lends itself well, and having the characters be mostly standard human shapes helps. MOTU, G.I. Joe, Bionic Six... all would make great 'Mates. But Thundercats has just enough physical variety and distinctive coloring to maximize the Minimate design's strengths. But I digress. Enjoy tomorrow...

OMG! Zach said Bionic Six! You can't take it back now! :)

That would blow my mind if they ever got made. And come on, no cries for MASK minimates? They would be great!