UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Nobody wants to launch a line with a crummy box set.

But I think a 4 pack of all Berbers would have been the better way to go.

Followed up with an entire wave of just Wilykit and Wilykat variations.

That's where the money is at!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know how a few pages back I caught all sorts of crap about hating Snarf and now the tide turns and it's okay to bad mouth him.

I expect some apologies.

You don't get to hate Snarf. People hold you to a higher standard.

I had no idea who he was until I watched that nauseating youtube clip that YOU posted <_< I now hate the little shit.

:D Yeah, but I thought they were just stringing together annoying parts of multiple episodes. Turns out he is even worse when you watch a single episode. In the first episode he keeps whining and complaining about how nobody loves or appreciates him. :lol:

I just saw the pic with the T-Cats riding in the Thundertank, and it looks swell! Too bad it costs $70.

Where did you see such a picture? I would like to see said picture. Thank you :thumbsup:

So is that actually the statue tank? Or is it a different version? If it is the statue, I may have to ask Luke to stock it....

Pretty sure that's the statue. Weird (to me) that it says "Classic" on the T-Cats box. Could that mean that "Modern" versions are also in the pipeline?

Edited by karamazov80

Pretty sure that's the statue. Weird (to me) that it says "Classic" on the T-Cats box. Could that mean that "Modern" versions are also in the pipeline?

It's probably more of a branding issue. All the 5" tall "classics" figures also have the same logo/title

I think I'd only want the badguys from the new series, total upgrades I think (but I'd buy them all)..... With variant mon star and tigershark!

The only thing for me that I'm worried about, is if the tops of his straps will be painted, I'm hoping like panthros head hole , the ones shown are just production samples. Since its been shown both ways, I'll wait and see.

I'm still gonna get a bunch of packs either way, I want an army of thundercats. I've always wanted to mix and match their armor, helmets, weapons, etc... Now I can, and do some wicked repairnts of them. Can't wait to see what else they have in store for the line. This will definitely limit my plans for buying a lot of the newer marvel stuff and walking dead. I'm also anxious to see the battle beasts, and plan on mixing them into the thundercats.

Edited by Nervous

Hey Nervous,you need to calm down man :lol: Your enthusiasm for these 'mates is truly infectious :yes:

You have no idea man, one of the reasons I got into the minimates game was seeing minimyte's custom lion-0 (and the fact that my buddy Eagle gave me my first mate, Mr. T)

I think my 3rd ever minimate custom was lion-0 after spawn and angel. I am not exagerating when I say I've dreamed of this line. I just never expected it, and have been embarrassingly giddy about it ever since. I work in a factory that makes military aircraft, so you can imagine how many of my coworkers like to talk about toys called minimates. I'll give you the answer, Zero! So you guys and my poor wife ( who purposely messes his name up, calling him lionhead) are the only ones for me to really act a fool about this line

I'm happy for you Nervous. Making people happy is what Minimates are all about IMO, and so it's great to see something really connect with another collector like this. I'm pretty psyched about it myself, from the POV of getting more characters from a nifty 80s property. The more of those we get, the better.

I noticed that the Lion-O with light blue boots seems to be the early prototype (This is the one with no straps on top of the shoulders) The Lion-O with dark blue boots seems more closer to production. I'm willing to bet that the final release will have the straps.

Wait....I take that back, sorta. Looking at the pics on the Thundercats fb, it looks like there's 3 prototypes of Lion-O (Light blue boots, no sides of boots/ Dark Blue full boots/ Light Blue full boots) Looks like both of the figures on the Thundercats page (Light blue missing sides boots & dark blue full boots) may have the straps (It's hard to tell if they're really on the dark blue boots version, which I notice is in the box set pic)

Zach's Lion-O (light blue full boots) seems like it may be the only one without straps

Edited by Shogi

These are all early paint and packaging samples. Let's see what shows up in SD.

And yes, it's classic, but that doesn't mean modern is more or less likely. Icon Heroes seems to be focused on classic Tcats.

and thats fine by me. :)

I collect both modern and classic thundercats.

and the fact that my buddy Eagle gave me my first mate, Mr. T)

Who the F**K is Eagle?! ;)

Have to say between the thunder cats minis and the walking dead it's looking like I might just dip my toes back in the minimate waters!

T.

and the fact that my buddy Eagle gave me my first mate, Mr. T)

Who the F**K is Eagle?! ;)

Have to say between the thunder cats minis and the walking dead it's looking like I might just dip my toes back in the minimate waters!

T.

Nice! That gave me a good laugh Tim. And so good to have you back, been too long.

Couple days to go, can't wait to see all the goodies this year!