UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be one of the best box sets ever!! Lion-o looks fantastic and that snarf is,is,is beautifull! Let's hope that many more great licences are in store for us. We had real ghostbusters,now we have thundercats,who knows what the 80s have in store for us? Only time will tell. Thank you for the amazing toys DST,thank you!!

Ps: when can we except a full reveal? Today maybe?

Edited by Kostisfire

Yeah, I don't know how this has happened as I've got a little less than zero knowledge of thundercats but these look so great I'm actually looking forward to them almost as much as the upcoming marvel releases! I can only imagine how excited actual thundercats fans must be!!

I have to assume Lion O will have his glove and this group shot are prototypes since the lines on panthro's face are darker than the previous picture, Mumm-Ra's face is slightly different (The wraps are right up against his eyebrows instead of slightly above them like in the previous pic) also Mumm-Ra and Panthro don't have their accessories in the new pic.

I also have no issues with this set save for 1.........Luke doesn't have it up for preorder yet! :D

Edited by Shogi

I wonder how expansive the license is. The new toon brought the Tiger Sharks into the universe. Could they be brought into these? Not that I really have any affinity for Tiger Sharks, but more Battle-Beast-esque minimates, the better!

I say bring on more classic toons. D&D, Star Blazers, Bionic Six and Filmation Flash Gordon would top my personal list.

Edited by MrClean

If we go by the GB box sets, set 1 was 2 main team members, a supporting cast and a villain, and set 2 was 2 team, 2 villains. Following that logic, I'd like to see Tygra, Cheetara, Slithe and Transformed Mumm-Ra for the next set.

Wily-Kat, Wily-Kit, Monkian, & Jackalman

Lynx-O, Pumyra, Bengali, & Vultureman

I'd be happy with four box sets.

Edited by TENIME_art

Yeah, really nothing to say but... wow. Nailed across the board. My only gripe is that my personal favorite, Tigra, isn't in the set. But there's always NYCC.:biggrin:

I also wanted to point out that these are just the proto pics, which, as we've talked about, often pale in comparison to actual product shots. Can you imagine how insane it's going to be when we get those?:wacko:

I wonder how expansive the license is. The new toon brought the Tiger Sharks into the universe. Could they be brought into these? Not that I really have any affinity for Tiger Sharks, but more Battle-Beast-esque minimates, the better!

Exactly. Silverhawks as well. I love the new show. It's so inclusive and epic.

Didn't realize someone brought Silverhawks back. What's next? Centurions? Visionaries? Spiral Zone? Defenders of the Earth? Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?

Sign me up, please.

This has to be one of the best box sets ever!! Lion-o looks fantastic and that snarf is,is,is beautifull! Let's hope that many more great licences are in store for us. We had real ghostbusters,now we have thundercats,who knows what the 80s have in store for us? Only time will tell. Thank you for the amazing toys DST,thank you!!

I'm not sure if that leak was approved, but I believe another figure was going to be revealed today. The figures are being released by Icon Heroes, who hold the license, not DST. AFX is distributing this set, and I assume Icon will reveal their full plans for the line when they're ready. I got some production samples, though, and will take some shots when I have a moment. Busy busy busy.

I'm not sure if that leak was approved, but I believe another figure was going to be revealed today. The figures are being released by Icon Heroes, who hold the license, not DST. AFX is distributing this set, and I assume Icon will reveal their full plans for the line when they're ready. I got some production samples, though, and will take some shots when I have a moment. Busy busy busy.

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see the mates in all their glory!

The designs are very cool but I'm wondering if they should have been bulked up or made to look taller. Maybe boots instead of shoes and a torso extender? Like won't that new Marvel Kingpin tower over Panthro? and the Battle Beasts will be bigger compared to the T Cats right? Carry Case Alligator looks like he can whoop Panthro's ass right now.

Panthro almost looks too cute, know what I mean?

To be fair, the Battle Beasts are giants. In the comic book, they mostly tower over the humans, smaller animals aside. I mean, a bear picks up a police car on Luke's cover.

The Thundercats were the same height as most humanoids on Third Earth, so I assume most superheroes could stand eye to eye with Panthro or Lion-O, more or less. In the Superman/Thundercats crossover, I think Supes and Lion-O were the same size. So I would not expect any of the 'Cats to be taller than Kingpin, who I always perceived as being tall as well as wide.

The figures are being released by Icon Heroes, who hold the license, not DST.

Interesting, interesting... so this is the same kind of deal as when DCD contracted with you guys to design and produce the DC mates?

I believe so. We're doing the designs and the prototyping.

Wow, some of the comments on these guys... Just brutal.

Danish Ali Dahraj Ugly toys, very ugly!

5 minutes ago · Like · 3

James Persico I had the original figures, those were alot cooler than this junk

5 minutes ago · Like · 1

Maria Tahir Azam freakin retards

4 minutes ago · Like

Ronald A. Jara WTF is this? Get the real original thunder cats!

3 minutes ago · Like

Johnathan Bowers What in world did they do to Lion-O?

3 minutes ago · Like

Petros Solomos LEGO FOVERA

3 minutes ago · Like

Elizabeth Maiorano Are these mega blocks?

2 minutes ago · Like

7/25 comments are negative. It's amazing to me that people STILL don't have a clue what Minimates are. :wacko:

Wow, some of the comments on these guys... Just brutal.

Danish Ali Dahraj Ugly toys, very ugly!

5 minutes ago · Like · 3

James Persico I had the original figures, those were alot cooler than this junk

5 minutes ago · Like · 1

Maria Tahir Azam freakin retards

4 minutes ago · Like

Ronald A. Jara WTF is this? Get the real original thunder cats!

3 minutes ago · Like

Johnathan Bowers What in world did they do to Lion-O?

3 minutes ago · Like

Petros Solomos LEGO FOVERA

3 minutes ago · Like

Elizabeth Maiorano Are these mega blocks?

2 minutes ago · Like

7/25 comments are negative. It's amazing to me that people STILL don't have a clue what Minimates are. :wacko:

I've seen similar comments on Comics Alliance before. While on the one hand I want to respect people's opinions but too me comments like that are too narrow minded, as if they've not been willing to give the figs and Minimates in general a fair chance.