UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for

:mellow:

Most definitely, me and my teammates would always say strength of a bear, speed of a puma puma puma during games. I was working on a bravestar custom for next custom con but just don't have the time to get stuff done. I was gonna do my favorite 80's toon characters. You already saw two more in this thread, and there were three more I was working on. Two will be done very very soon ;-)

As I recall, Snarf was the reason I didn't bother watching the show. Not sure why SO many 'toons back then had to Scrappy-Doo things up but, damn, those comic-relief critters were horrible.

Bat-Mite is responsible for keeping the "New Adventures of Batman" out of my collection.

Bat-Mite may not have been an anthropomorphized animal like so many others but, yeah, he was just as irritating. I do have a Bat-Mite figure in my collection but he's from the Silver Age Batwoman/Bat-Girl two-pack DC Direct offered years ago. He has his place but it's VERY restricted. So many elements of Batman back then were inspired by the success of the Superman Family. Some worked, some didn't. I'm not a fan of imps from any dimension.

Believe it or not that's the reason my best friend won't watch the 2011 series. He loves Snarf, and says that was the best part of the old show. I like the new "KEHEHEHE" Snarf. Where he's less annoying because he, you know, doesn't talk!

Believe it or not that's the reason my best friend won't watch the 2011 series. He loves Snarf, and says that was the best part of the old show. I like the new "KEHEHEHE" Snarf. Where he's less annoying because he, you know, doesn't talk!

I hate mindless animal Snarf in the new series, It seemed like a lazy cop out other then trying to make him into a ‘better’ character they just made him Momo, they might as well have just left him out if this was the best they could do.

I was actually okay with “annoying” sidekicks in the 80’s, Orko is still my favorite MotU character after Skeletor, Slimer is just as important to me as a member of the Ghostbuster team as Egon or Winston, and I like Snarf, maybe if I watched the show now that I’m older I’d hate Snarf but to be honest the show held up so horrible Lion-O himself annoys the shit out of me now so picking on Snarf at this point seems moot.

Agreed about the hole in panther guy's head.

I was actually okay with “annoying” sidekicks in the 80’s, Orko is still my favorite MotU character after Skeletor, Slimer is just as important to me as a member of the Ghostbuster team as Egon or Winston, and I like Snarf, maybe if I watched the show now that I’m older I’d hate Snarf but to be honest the show held up so horrible Lion-O himself annoys the shit out of me now so picking on Snarf at this point seems moot.

Good point at the end there :D Transformers and GI Joe at least had slightly less annoying sidekicks though, in Bumblebee and Shipwreck, respectively.

Edited by karamazov80

Hey, I said he was slightly less annoying, didn't I? :D

Technically, the Scrappy Doo version of Shipwreck was Ship Shape.

CfeDv.jpg

Wouldn't the Dreadnoks be the equivalent of Snarf in the GI Joe cartoon?

Well, Thundercats enemies were all bumbling idiots as well, weren't they?

They look great. I just hope that Panthro was a test shot and not the final item. That hole in his head is HUGE. :unsure:

Zach, care to shed some light on that concern?

We made it extra-big, just for you!

No, I'm sure we asked them to make the change, and maybe they'll even have time to make that change. But we'll see.

Luckily, I can think of twelve different substances you can fill a hole with. [Cue quoting with appropriate emoticons.]

Wouldn't the Dreadnoks be the equivalent of Snarf in the GI Joe cartoon?

Bazooka.