UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. It would be double awesome if he comes with a closed cloak, too, but this one gets the job done for sure.

Do you guys think there will be two version of him? Or will we have to bulk him up with extra parts that come packed in?

I personally think they are just too different. The other version will probably have a battle damaged lion-0 as a 2-pack (assuming and hoping this won't be a one and done Boxset)

So if there's not a bulked up parts in there, then a closed cape is totally possible.... IMO of course.

On a side note, I am so flipping giddy over this, I have been thinking for years how the sets would be laid out, and am anticipating how they are done , compare to what I've come up with. Again, if it is a full on new series, and not just this exclusive. So many wonderful characters that I'm sure could have parts reused on the new battle beasts

I even wrote to toyfare about them years ago, and got a response that used minimyte's custom. Ill have to dig that out

Did I mention how happy I am! I don't army build, but I may end up having an army of lion-0's

I even wrote to toyfare about them years ago, and got a response that used minimyte's custom. Ill have to dig that out

That probably wasn't the first time we ran it, either.

Mini-Myte, did we see your custom and ask for pictures for a feature or something? I can't remember.

Closed cloak bonus piece would be awesome. My guess would be if this line does go on, we'll get a Mumm-Ra the Ever Living as a separate mate. I think they're just too different to be a single figure with extra added parts. I'm really excited to find out who else will be in this Boxset. I have to assume there will be Lion-O, but who could be the fourth? I hope for Panthro. With little chain link claw nunchucks.

Also, I am two episodes from the end of this new Thundercats show and it's not bad. I like it. At least enough to spend my day off watching it and not regret the decision. Maybe I'll be more upset that it's probably cancelled now.confused.gif

The new cartoon is definitely good. I actually know one of the writers, but I also legitimately liked it. Not sure I like the new designs more than the classic ones, but they were certainly more practical, and less Zardoz-influenced.

I would be shocked if this was a one-and-done. There are just too many other popular characters. If the set had been Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, and bulked Mumm-Ra, I could maybe see it, but Jaga and mummy Mumm-Ra in the intro set say to me that they have a pretty robust line plan. Heck, I wouldn't be half surprised if the Lion-O in this set is the young version, and it's a series pilot-themed set!

I can imagine two or three waves plus box sets for this license, easy.

Reckon the box set will be 2 heroes and 2 villains, or 3 to 1? If it's 3 to 1 I hope Panthro is the third! (I'm assuming Lion-O is pretty much a definite)

See that's where it gets fun. I wish we knew if this was jus the one boxset.

If so, then you almost have to have panthro and lion-0 , maybe cheetara. If there's gonna be 2-packs, I'd save panthro for that, and pack him with grune, or slythe. Jaga is perfect for a boxset in my opinion, and if it was him, mumm- ra, lion-0 and panthro I'd be satisfied with that. But truthfully I want them all, especially the goons, such a colorful cast of characters

That probably wasn't the first time we ran it, either.

Mini-Myte, did we see your custom and ask for pictures for a feature or something? I can't remember.

Yup! You guys at ToyFare were doing a story about the resurgence of 1980's toy properties and commissioned me to do a custom Thundercats minimate. I also believe somebody else did a MOTU mate and somebody else did one for GI Joe.

Finally found some pics of my old custom. I hope the official Lion-O will look like this, only better.

liono2.jpgliono3.jpgliono1.jpg

BTW, old decrepit Mumm-Ra looks awesome. :thumbsup: So far this boxed set is shaping up to be comprised of geriatric minimates. :lol: Which ol' timer will be next?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So cool. I remember doing the mail-away for this Mumm-ra toy as a kid, came with the same staff too. Really happy to see the more obscure character selection, makes a full line or at least a series of AFX exclusives seem like a sure thing.

I was pretty bummed that Bandai's Classics line went nowhere, so I really hope we get a whole bunch.

Yeah, all signs point to "Thundercats is cancelled."

Star Trek has been cancelled even more times. Given that this Minimate is of the classic ThunderCats, the marketing seems to be aimed at nostalgic collectors rather than the declining audience of the new series. I prefer the new designs but I'll take the original recipe, too.

I was never saying the show being cancelled = no hope for the toy line. Someone asked if the show had really been cancelled, hence my response. Chillax.

The new cartoon is definitely good. I actually know one of the writers, but I also legitimately liked it. Not sure I like the new designs more than the classic ones, but they were certainly more practical, and less Zardoz-influenced.

I loved the new show, but the old designs just went way further to capture the imagination, IMHO. Except Vultureman. His modern appearance was amazing.

I am beyond happy. I love the new toon and hope it returns but I am digging the classic mates. I wish I could preorder all of these now. Zack anyway I could just send you my credit card number and you can charge me whatever as long as you send me every mate produced each year.

Thundercats and Walking Dead minimates, in the same year no less. Best year ever!

So Zach, are there designs drawn up for the new show? Even if they aren't going to be made?

I'm pretty excited for this. You've got to believe. In the power of love. Cause it's what our hearts are all made of, you know.

Wait, that's not Thundercats. That's Sailor Moon.

I had a wish list that was going to get published, but the ToyFare guys never got around to it. It was for the Galaxy Quest line. The magazine upgraded and stopped doing Wish Lists before they printed it.

Really? That sucks. I vaguely remember commissioning an Alan Rickman custom for that, but I may be remembering the unproduced prototype.