UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

So, they second of Zach's little hints stands revealed- Cyclops from the AvX set. Probably would have rather gotten Danger over Hope or Juggerlosus, but that's a minor thing. Hope annoys me, and I knew Pete would not be able to hold on to those powers for long, knowing what it was costing him so the look wasn't going to be long lasting. Interested to see which Avengers sneak into their set.

Pretty meh on Spidey and Lizard. In a perfect world, it would have been an Avengers Bruce Banner and Coulson with Destroyer gun. But I also understand there simply was time, given the tiny window for movie stuff. These two were easy variations to do and hit the window perfectly, and do look good. They're just not exciting me is all.

And I still not a fan of Zombies. I know, I know: I'm weird. If I've been around all this time and you are just now reaching that conclusion, I don't know what to say.

Still haven't forgotten Titania though. Not sayin', just sayin'. ;)

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, they second of Zach's little hints stands revealed- Cyclops from the AvX set. Probably would have rather gotten Danger over Hope or Juggerlosus, but that's a minor thing. Hope annoys me, and I knew Pete would not be able to hold on to those powers for long, knowing what it was costing him so the look wasn't going to be long lasting. Interested to see which Avengers sneak into their set.

Pretty meh on Spidey and Lizard. In a perfect world, it would have been an Avengers Bruce Banner and Coulson with Destroyer gun. But I also understand there simply was time, given the tiny window for movie stuff. These two were easy variations to do and hit the window perfectly, and do look good. They're just not exciting me is all.

And I still not a fan of Zombies. I know, I know: I'm weird. If I've been around all this time and you are just now reaching that conclusion, I don't know what to say.

Still haven't forgotten Titania though. Not sayin', just sayin'. ;)

Well, you can't really fault them for having Hope in the set, though. I mean, the story's built around her.

But, hey, I don't like Zombies either! And I've grown to actively dislike the Walking Dead comic, and Robert Kirkman in general! So, yeah, I won't be buying that set. I hope it does really, really well for DST, though.

These sets are awesome! Not a big Hope fan, but the updated Cyke, Collosonaught and comic Emma are musts. I'll sip the Spidey until the movie comes out. Getting TWD ones for the missus.

Oh man, those Battle Beasts look great! Love that there's specialized parts instead of a regular head with a mask and those legs.

So when does the middleman thread starts?

And here is what might be the perfect display for your Avengers Minimates.

At first I thought it was an easy pass but it's a full foot longer than the retail version, making it even closer to Minimate scale. I know the 3 3/4" Quinjet is a pretty good fit for the 'mates but if only DST could offer their own version to complement this beast.

Also I'm shocked that Hasbro manufactured two versions of the helicarrier. Maybe they tooled it now in anticipation of it appearing in the sequel. Either way I'd love to mount this to a wall as a Minimate display shelf.

I wonder what it looks like on the inside. No idea if it will be made available after SDCC online through Hasbro but I suspect they'll blow through inventory at the con.

[heavy sigh]

And here is what might be the perfect display for your Avengers Minimates.

At first I thought it was an easy pass but it's a full foot longer than the retail version, making it even closer to Minimate scale. I know the 3 3/4" Quinjet is a pretty good fit for the 'mates but if only DST could offer their own version to complement this beast.

Also I'm shocked that Hasbro manufactured two versions of the helicarrier. Maybe they tooled it now in anticipation of it appearing in the sequel. Either way I'd love to mount this to a wall as a Minimate display shelf.

I wonder what it looks like on the inside. No idea if it will be made available after SDCC online through Hasbro but I suspect they'll blow through inventory at the con.

[heavy sigh]

If I knew of this at tax time, the money would have been set aside there and then, because this would make an AMAZING Minimate Display piece.

As is, I couldn't be broker, and this could be more unnecessary. OH WELL.

Is it Translucent Tuesday yet?

It's Tuesday in Australia :)

SO MUCH AWESOME!

Can't wait to pick-up one of these sets!

Any word on when AFX will be announcing their Minimate Sets?

that is one of my favorite accessories now, also i had intended to buy that helicarrier when i saw the other version at toyfair, anyone know how much the normal one is gonna be? and how big is that hill and cap? so i can see how big it will be compared to mates

Edited by undeadpool