UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

See, i tend to agree, but when a redo is a amazing as Emma or Cyke it outweighs the new. Emma has been a huge want of mine for years, since the rather crappy Astonishing costume was released (the parts reuse waves of course) and she looks INCREDIBLE. Would this set sell on it's own? Surely. BUT that's the beauty of the SDCC moniker; you don't have to buy it and it won't be for everyone, and it won't clog pegs. Perfect place to redo Emma and Cyke, give us a "new" Colossus, and a new character not many people will want.

Let me ask you this instead:

Would you rather go the Hasbro route and see characters like Baron Zemo and Tiger Shark at SDCC? Not me.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, i tend to agree, but when a redo is a amazing as Emma or Cyke it outweighs the new. Emma has been a huge want of mine for years, since the rather crappy Astonishing costume was released (the parts reuse waves of course) and she looks INCREDIBLE. Would this set sell on it's own? Surely. BUT that's the beauty of the SDCC moniker; you don't have to buy it and it won't be for everyone, and it won't clog pegs. Perfect place to redo Emma and Cyke, give us a "new" Colossus, and a new character not many people will want.

Let me ask you this instead:

Would you rather go the Hasbro route and see characters like Baron Zemo and Tiger Shark at SDCC? Not me.

"Would you rather go the Hasbro route and see characters like Baron Zemo and Tiger Shark at SDCC?" YES!!!! We've gotten sets like The Defenders & Invaders this way in the past. This is my preferred way to go!

This set would be strong enough to sell on it's own. And honestly, I'd prefer it as 2-packs JUST to buy extra Hope's for that sweet jet-pack Zach showed us!

A thought: Zach has said this set won't be Avengers-focused. He's also said something to the effect of "not too much obscurity, but it should fill a few holes." I kind of doubt this will be the Alpha Flight set everyone is expecting. If AFX is doing that, I suspect it will be either at NYCC, which is a less right-now-in-pop-culture and more comics-focused audience, or one of the direct sale box sets they've been doing around Christmastime. Later in the year would also line it up more with the TRU and theoretical wave 48 (?) two packs.

So, if they're moving past the Avengers saturation of the past few months, the next logical tentpole to build this set around is Spider Man. Perhaps they're doing a set kind of like the Stormbreaker one, except with Spidey, Lizard, and a couple fan-requested Spidey characters.

What's an iconic Spidey/Lizard story arc with some other characters we haven't seen? Spidey/Modern Lizard (a sculpted Battle Beasts-style head would be cool!)/Calypso/Updated Mary Jane? Maybe Morbius, as the two of them have been working together in recent stories? Ana Kravenoff?

Just spitballing... :)

Edited by Lobsterman

As little as I care for McFarlane, there is undoubtedly a huge group of collectors that either love the guy, or are nostalgic about what he did in the past. We already got a "Torment" Spidey, which is the version from the storyline with Lizard Lobsterguy is referring to, but that's no reason not to do it again I guess. Better maybe we could get another Secret Wars box set (where Lizard featured pretty prominently). There is more than one guy on this cover that warrants. . .nay, DEMANDS Minimatization, or at least an update:

secret-wars-06.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

As little as I care for McFarlane, there is undoubtedly a huge group of collectors that either love the guy, or are nostalgic about what he did in the past. We already got a "Torment" Spidey, which is the version from the storyline with Lizard Lobsterguy is referring to, but that's no reason not to do it again I guess. Better maybe we could get another Secret Wars box set (where Lizard featured pretty prominently). There is more than one guy on this cover that warrants. . .nay, DEMANDS Minimatization, or at least an update:

secret-wars-06.jpg

THIS! My dream is to see every remaining Secret Wars villain be made into a Minimate. We already have Beyonder and all the heroes (even though technically the Beyonder Minimate is from Secret Wars II).

Where else, in a group of 13 people, will you find two who use a ball and chain as a weapon.

Updated Absorbing man wih maybe a couple of different arms and legs, Lizard with sculpted head, Spider-Man aaaaaaaand... Any obscure heroes from SW we want to slip in?

A thought: Zach has said this set won't be Avengers-focused. He's also said something to the effect of "not too much obscurity, but it should fill a few holes." I kind of doubt this will be the Alpha Flight set everyone is expecting. If AFX is doing that, I suspect it will be either at NYCC, which is a less right-now-in-pop-culture and more comics-focused audience, or one of the direct sale box sets they've been doing around Christmastime. Later in the year would also line it up more with the TRU and theoretical wave 48 (?) two packs.

So, if they're moving past the Avengers saturation of the past few months, the next logical tentpole to build this set around is Spider Man. Perhaps they're doing a set kind of like the Stormbreaker one, except with Spidey, Lizard, and a couple fan-requested Spidey characters.

What's an iconic Spidey/Lizard story arc with some other characters we haven't seen? Spidey/Modern Lizard (a sculpted Battle Beasts-style head would be cool!)/Calypso/Updated Mary Jane? Maybe Morbius, as the two of them have been working together in recent stories? Ana Kravenoff?

Just spitballing... :)

I certainly have a hunch we will see a morbius pretty soon as he wasn't in the wave 50 poll despite scoring highly on the "most wanted" list here so you may be right.

And yeah, I agree there's plenty on that secret wars cover that would be cool. Somehow I just can't forget titania! :biggrin:

Where else, in a group of 13 people, will you find two who use a ball and chain as a weapon.

Updated Absorbing man wih maybe a couple of different arms and legs, Lizard with sculpted head, Spider-Man aaaaaaaand... Any obscure heroes from SW we want to slip in?

Enchantress.

Titania.

If AFX's set was a bunch of redos, this would be the weakest slate of SDCC exclusives in years. So far in terms of the Marvel side of things, we've gotten one new character: Hope Summers. In a set that seems like it could just as easily have been a regular release. I don't know about you guys, but I like to see something unique as a SDCC exclusive, like the Thunderbolts set. I'm hoping whatever AFX has coming is pretty awesome, because so far the SDCC Exclusives have been pretty underwhelming.

snarf snarf...

No, seriously. I had a dream a week or two ago where they revealed the 80s property to be Smurfs, and most of us in the 'verse were quite unhappy about it.

i think your misunderstanding my comment ;)