UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

Is Cyke's blast really as Orange as it looks in the pics? Or is that mostly just lighting?

Not that I don't appreciate the piece, but it's a personal pet peeve of mine as an X-Men fan that in Cyclop's modern portrayls his blasts are becoming less and less laser-like and more and more magma-like. They're supposed to just be a beam of concussive force... but more and more they seem to be growing wild, and untamed, and setting things on fire... and it annoys me sometimes, because it's not really true to his powers.

See X-Men Origins: Wolverine for a prime example of what I'm talking about. Where they seemed to burn through things with a notable heat scorching, and heated Wolvy's claws to a glowing orange, rather than just knocking him on his ass as they should have.

They're supposed to work like a laser battering ram... not heat-vision. So anyway, I'm just hoping the actual piece is more of an undeniable red beam. And doesn't look like firey orangeness.

This Yes:

acc0382_lg.jpg

This No:

acc0381_lg.jpg

This has been your comic-book geek nitpick for the day.

lol...

Edited by Gillbob316

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it Translucent Tuesday yet?

Cyke2.jpg

couldn’t rest at “OUTSTANDING!” had to make him “UNF**KING BELIEVABLY OUTSTANDING!”

guess Play Arts Kratos can take his damn time getting released in America, my pile of loot just found a new item I need to wait for...

So is this a separate mask or an attachment? We need answers!!!!!

Also, if it's an attachment, any idea if it will fit on any previous Cyclops visors (I can't believe I'm the first one to ask this. You guys are off your game!)?

NICE!!

How does it fit in place Zach, or is it on a second mask?

Also, if it's an attachment, any idea if it will fit on any previous Cyclops visors (I can't believe I'm the first one to ask this. You guys are off your game!)?

Already asked, but not yet answered.

NICE!!

How does it fit in place Zach, or is it on a second mask?

Already asked, but not yet answered.

See... I couldn't believe I was the first one to ask. ;) Sorry, I must not have scanned the thread closely enough.:blush:

Zach, that blast looks awesome, please give kudos to whomever sculpted that piece! :thumbsup:

but which flavor?

1-717063.jpg

Cherry, we can make it happen, we have the technology

Edited by undeadpool

Seriously, AFX needs to get their pics out ASAP.

I've been checking in hourly (while at work even) to see if there's any news or pics. I'm going a bit stir-crazy. Although, i'm REALLY happy with the AvX awesomeness (Best Emma ever, Cyke blast & new character[Hope]!!!), so i'm guessing the afx set is gonna have trouble topping that. I should probably try to calm myself down a little.

Edited by Nessex

Although, i'm REALLY happy with the AvX awesomeness (Best Emma ever, Cyke blast & new character[Hope]!!!), so i'm guessing the afx set is gonna have trouble topping that.

I'm underwhelmed by AVX. I like it, I'll buy it. But I get far more excited about new characters than redo's.

Although, i'm REALLY happy with the AvX awesomeness (Best Emma ever, Cyke blast & new character[Hope]!!!), so i'm guessing the afx set is gonna have trouble topping that.

I'm underwhelmed by AVX. I like it, I'll buy it. But I get far more excited about new characters than redo's.

Same here. I'm hoping there's a lot of new faces in the AFX set.