UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

Comic shops shouldn't be getting 45 yet. Zach said TRU was late April, and 45 not till after the premiere. Only TRU and a few online shops have the full wave.

I'll admit it, i really want Scott Lang. But now i'm debating getting the rest of the wave or not; they are in the boxsets....but the accessories and quality look so good!!

i know what you mean t2f when i first saw the pics of the boxsets i was sure they were going to can the wave, but guess not. i am debating whether to get this wave. i was never really that excited for it to begin with. that is except for giant/ant man i missed out on the first one.

Well, this wave was never really driven at us, as most of us don't really need more Thors, Caps, Starks, and Hulks. I would've probably picked up the Iron Man set because I like that armor, but now I won't. That's really the only change for me. A second Pym will still make for good custom fodder, so I'll probably still pick up that set. And I was able to buy the variant set last time around several weeks after it came out (memo to self: put the extra Aunt May/Shield set on your trade list), so hopefully I'll get lucky with Ant Man again.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have met my Captain America, Thor and Iron man limits. The thought of buying another of any of these characters makes me want to vomit. Having said that, the Iron man does look pretty cool. I know I will have to buy those box sets for the new villians, so I will most likely skip this wave as well. Now wave 47, that I can get excited about.

like a sucker i bought all this wave i have only opened giant/ant man here are some picts

P1050398.jpg

giant man

P1050395.jpg

hank and all his gear to make a giant or ant man

P1050394.jpg

ant man

i know i said i was not very excited about this wave but the giant/ant man is cool and a good update from the original. i still feel we just got this wave, oh right we did! with the best of wave and then wave 45 is the movie version of the same characters i mean cap is as the past 5 caps released. best of wave 42 cap reborn from the cap boxset hero age box set and tru 6

I will give DST this much: they make characters i have never heard of look amazing. The Kree Sentry looks incredible.

My LCS didn't feel right just selling the variant, so i put the two Ant-men and Thor set on hold. Looking forward to Scott Lang, and Drunk Hobo Thor at least looks like fun; MUCH improved over the proto anyway.

I got a Hulk/Thor Pack, Thor's Helmet looks great on my regular Thor that's I've mixed and matched pieces for.

Hulk's Pants look Brown on the Box Art, are Hulk's pants also this same color in the Disney boxset?

Are Hulk's pants the same color,or even the same pants/legs as the upcoming Kingpin minimate.

Edited by WookieFodder

I picked up the variant Ant-man II/Kree Dude pack. I am loving how many characters they are making that have appeared in Avengers:EMH in the last year. Many I knew nothing about until seeing them on the show and now I have Armin Zola, Kree Robot guy, Ant-man 2.. with Reeper, Kang and MODOK on their way. Pretty cool.

I am thinking I am a bit backward.. Minimates and an Animated Series are making me read more comics.. as opposed to reading comics making me like minimates and animated shows. :)

Keep 'em coming DST.

I will give DST this much: they make characters i have never heard of look amazing. The Kree Sentry looks incredible.

My LCS didn't feel right just selling the variant, so i put the two Ant-men and Thor set on hold. Looking forward to Scott Lang, and Drunk Hobo Thor at least looks like fun; MUCH improved over the proto anyway.

That is one of my pet peeves; why should they care if you're only buying the variant? You're paying for it, right? And you shop there regularly, right? The store I used to shop at sometimes gave me a hard time about buying variants, even though I was far and away the most consistent customer for Minimates. Well, long story short, I don't shop there any more (okay, moving had something to do with it, but I stopped shopping there before I moved).

I went and picked up Scott Lang today and I'm very pleased with how he and the Kree Sentry turned out. I wasn't really too excited for the Sentry but he's awesome, especially his boots. Besides, that helmet piece is just waiting to be used for a custom of the Growing Man to stand alongside Kang. Scott himself is great and I'm really glad to get the first piece of merchandise ever with this costume (heck it may be the first version of Lang unless that was taken by the ML Ant Man). My compliments to the design of his eyebrows as they've got some unique flares to them along the whole of each brow. It's a detail that's beyond my limited photography skills though.

post-3095-0-44333500-1335998418_thumb.jp

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Love this wave. My only minor gripe is the way Hank's mouth seems super low on his face when wearing either of his helmets. He looks just fine with his hairpiece on, so maybe it the eye tampos on the helmets sitting too high up. Like I said, it's a minor gripe, but what better place than the MMMV to vent my opinion. :happy:

Like others who have chimed in, the Scott Lang Ant-Man is just fantastic. He is truly the stand out gem of the wave. Thank you DST for this wonderful minimate. :thumbsup:

As someone who DOES know about Kree Sentries, these guys look amazing! I can't wait to build my army of 'em!

Overall, they all look fantastic and I really like the pieces to make Hank taller/shorter. Extra's to incorporate those on my classic (Gi)Ant-Man? Yes please!

Looking forward to getting my ship notification for these.

Does this Hulk's hands match the color on the previously released "mega rage" version?

Edited by Mystery Man

duke... are you sure you've got Hulk's hair on straigth? That just looks... wrong... somehow...

Can't wait for mine to get here. They all look great.

My only puliminary complaint, and this is a purely personal niggle, is the color on that Cap. So far, the only Cap that matches the pull down mask's blue looks to be the Best Of Cap, which I'd really rather not buy. I have high hopes for the MvC Cap later this year though. Fingers crossed...

Man. I can't wait to have these in hand. I live in the middle of nowhere. The closest comic store to me is 60miles away and they refuse to carry minimates, so all my specialty wave mates are picked up for me by a friend. Who is far away, so I have to wait until I either have reason to go see him or he has reason to come see me, so while through some technicality I own Scott Lang, it's gonna be a month before I can actually see it. That said, from all the pics, he looks amazing. Can't wait to get him. Even the Sentry looks like a load of fun.

heh. Dad Hair Hulk... "Skaar, this is going to hurt me much more than it hurts you..." :thumbsup:

Oh, just "Miry" will do, duke. No need to be formal... or incorrect...

And it's pronounced My-ree, like mire, as in miry clay, real name's Clay. Somebody in middle school thought they were being cute in that "let's give the comics' geek a verbal wedgie" kinda way. Unfortunately for them I liked it (cause let's face it, I am a mess on many, many levels) and have proudly used it as a nickname ever since.

"Yes, Miry is a person in your neighborhood,

in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood..."

Wha... why yes, Mystery, I did have to take my migrane medicine this afternoon. Why do you ask?

Here's the rest of the wave, touch it hard!

20120502_185754.jpg

Um... It looks like Iron Man's helmet tampo is a bit off center there. Maybe it's just a bit of OCD in me, but I tend to notice these things after the numerous Wolverines and other face tampos in the past on minimates...

That's how I thought it was pronounced too. That's going to be a hard habit to break....

Made it over to the local shop in time to pick up the variant (and yes, only the variant). Much coolness here. Ant-Man's the nicest variant I can remember in a while; I hope everybody's able to snag him. The Sentry is cool, and makes me want to dig out my old Gene Colan Captain Marvels.

BTW, Scott Lang's hairpiece is perfect for any short-hair Natasha Romanov customs that may be floating around out there....

Um... It looks like Iron Man's helmet tampo is a bit off center there. Maybe it's just a bit of OCD in me, but I tend to notice these things after the numerous Wolverines and other face tampos in the past on minimates...

Noticed that too, misprints are always a bummer because once I see them it's all I can see. I wonder what it is about Wolverine's mask that makes it the worst offender? At this point I just make sure to buy every Wolverine in person, if possible.