UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

I would guess that Zach doesn't really want to talk about the end of Toyfair, and Wizard as a company, because by all accounts the end was rather painful for all involved. A lot of people who were very passionate about what they did suffered through some brutal mismanagement. You've got my sympathies.

I've always wanted to know, though: did Tom Palmer Jr. have good stories about his dad and the Bullpen? :biggrin:

And very good news about splitting the TRU and specialty releases! I've said this before, but I think this was the biggest step in getting a lot of retailers to recommit to buying Minimates. In the long run, I think it will be very fruitful. You guys are in a tough place, I suspect, where a lot of retailers have a lot of backstock, so they want the big guns (thinking they will sell through better), whereas the core fans (that's us!) don't necessarily want the same characters again and again. It's a real catch-22. Again, my sympathies.

And sorry, guys, but you'll have to count me out of Team Dr. Druid. Just... so lame. :yucky:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Outside of the movie waves, TRU waves no longer duplicate half of the LCS wave. So besides Daredevil, TRU 13 has three more slots that would normally have been taken up by half of Wave 43, and Wave 14 has NOTHING from Wave 44.

This makes me very happy, as both a retailer and a collector. :D

- Outside of the movie waves, TRU waves no longer duplicate half of the LCS wave. So besides Daredevil, TRU 13 has three more slots that would normally have been taken up by half of Wave 43, and Wave 14 has NOTHING from Wave 44.

Zach - I have to echo the 'great news' sentiment, but is there any chance that this could mean equal case packouts for TRU waves?

Druid is a middle-aged balding mystic/mentalist, who wore red tights and a big purple bathrobe. He helped the Avengers during the Mansion seige and was awarded membership. Of course he proved mentally unstable, and betrayed the team, got better, then went nuts again. Damion Helstrom had Druid murdered by Nerka and the body burned in a dumpster. He is one of the most uniquely lame members the Avengers ever had, but he was a member and thus minimate of him is desired by me.

All this talk of toyfair has made me sad... because I miss enjoying that magazine. And that company.

Does the magazine even exist anymore? I honestly don't think it does, but I could be wrong.

They merged them into one digital magazine, but I think it's just a Website now, tied to the cons. Ill be seeing them at Toy Fair.

Zach, PLEASE tell me you have something to make C2E2 worth coming to this year! (I'd ask for something to make Wizard World worth coming to too... but since Diamond hasn't even been there the past two years, I assume they won't be this year... lol...)

We won't be at WWC, but we're trying to have an exclusive (non-Marvel) set at C2E2.

Good news indeed! Airwalker and Firelord on the way! (now if there was just more hope for Energy Form Cap'n Monica and Ben Grim from the SW voting)

Airwalker and Firelord will not be in Wave 14, but they are slated to be released this year.

Wave 14 has NOTHING from Wave 44.

Damn exciting news! are you able to confirm that we will be seeing TRU14 @ SDCC this year, if not before?

It's gonna be close, and if TRU delays that wave, as well, it may be pushed past SDCC. We still have 13 and a couple of movie waves to get through.

I would guess that Zach doesn't really want to talk about the end of Toyfair, and Wizard as a company, because by all accounts the end was rather painful for all involved. A lot of people who were very passionate about what they did suffered through some brutal mismanagement. You've got my sympathies.

I've always wanted to know, though: did Tom Palmer Jr. have good stories about his dad and the Bullpen? :biggrin:

Never talked to TPJ much about his dad, but Wizard was a real roller-coaster ride. A great job, with some great colleagues who I still talk to every day, but a lot of growth followed by shrinkage. I left before I was asked to leave, but not all were so lucky.

Zach - I have to echo the 'great news' sentiment, but is there any chance that this could mean equal case packouts for TRU waves?

Toys "R" Us likes to have short-packed figures, so I don't think that will change. But at least now there will be TRU exclusives that are easy to find!

If you could create your own wave or box set Zach, who would you want to see?

Nextwave

406px-NEXTWAVE.JPG

What The...?! Cast (Forbush Man, Spider-Ham, Wolverina and Milk & Cookies)

95088358688.20.GIF

Damage Control

Damage_Control_1.png

Fight Man and all of his foes

1358667-fight_man_v1_001_large.jpg

Keep in mind, I'm pretty sure none of these will ever happen.

The irony is, in '92 the idea of a female Wolverine was an in-joke about the character's overexposure. A decade later, X-23 briefly had her own book.

You do Nextwave as a four pack of The Captain, Elsa Bloodstone, Boom Boom and Monica. Machine Man goes in a two pack with Dirk Anger, because without Dirk, I'm less inclined to be in on this.

Also, just because we're talking about it, I made this shirt:

fab4913c.jpg

(Admittedly I made it a year ago, but still, you see what I'm saying)

The irony is, in '92 the idea of a female Wolverine was an in-joke about the character's overexposure. A decade later, X-23 briefly had her own book.

Man, what happened to the days when comic companies could (would?) make fun of themselves like that? Deadpool is the closest thing we have now to a "satire" book from Marvel, and it's so crassly geared to sales I'm not sure it even counts.

I was going to wax lyrical about 'Not Brand Echh' & how much I loved it when it first came out :biggrin:

I googled it & realised how old I was when it first came out :sad:

Funny stuff but I guess you had to be there .

Check out the head count of smiling Minimates .....it is staggeringly low .

My favourite smiling Minimate is Merry (LOR) ......he looks like he'd know . :no:

Not to mention the joke actual laser clawed female wolverine called Wild Thing that popped up in the 90's alongside of a American Dream & Son of Juggernaut :rolleyes:

Man, what happened to the days when comic companies could (would?) make fun of themselves like that? Deadpool is the closest thing we have now to a "satire" book from Marvel, and it's so crassly geared to sales I'm not sure it even counts.

Which of the Multiple Deadpool books are you talking bout? :P

Seriously - Deadpool is making Madrox look like a bit of an amateur.

Edited by Nessex

nice work on the shirt :thumbsup:

Thanks. That's actually a small thing on the back of it. The front is the main cast of the book in colored silhouettes with a big smoke pillar behind them taking up the majority of the front of it.

It was a birthday present for a friend of mine last year. I just like that back better.

That and I can't find any pictures of the front.

Good news indeed! Airwalker and Firelord on the way! (now if there was just more hope for Energy Form Cap'n Monica and Ben Grim from the SW voting)

Airwalker and Firelord will not be in Wave 14, but they are slated to be released this year.

Just in time for this Christmas' Galactic Heralds Christmas carol?

don't get off the subject. Dr Druid please

One wind mill at a time, my friend, one wind mill at a time.