UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel wave 44

Lobsterman

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have Diamond ever gone after the Image Super hero properties like Invincible and Dynamo 5?

Have Diamond ever gone after the Image Super hero properties like Invincible and Dynamo 5?

They tried with spawn in the early days but Todd was the usual jackass and told them that their product couldn't handle the awesomeness of his creation and that it would die down eventually. I hope he has changed his mind now. Zach,what are the chances for some lesser known comic mates? Savage dragon,judge dredd,spawn that kind of stuff.

or INVINCIBLE....!?

They tried with spawn in the early days but Todd was the usual jackass and told them that their product couldn't handle the awesomeness of his creation and that it would die down eventually. I hope he has changed his mind now. Zach,what are the chances for some lesser known comic mates? Savage dragon,judge dredd,spawn that kind of stuff.

or INVINCIBLE....!?

if the walking dead mates do good, maybe Kirkman will allow DST to take on Invincible, which i would LOVE, but i dont know about the Dynamo 5...though id love those as well

(This is so absolutely not Wave 44 talk buuuuuut....)

I don't see how Walking Dead could greenlight other Indie titles. Keep in mind, while it is a comic-license, that it's easiest to bet that these will sell because of the show. Now, it was better for DST to get the comic license, and there was probably some hang-up with Todd McFarlane over getting the TV license, but i'd highly doubt that these will lead to other Image properties.

If and when Walking Dead sells, it'll be because of it's own newfound mainstream popularity.

Not sure any of those will ever happen, but never say never. Hoping we can do more Femme Fatales, and we're going to expand our comic line-up there soon.

If you take them and dc out,what's left?

The first two that come to my mind would be:

Dark Horse Hellboy/B.P.R.D. and IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I really hope we get tmnt mates. I made the brothers but they have so many sculpted parts that they have very little articulation.

TMNT 'mates? My heart says "yes"...my wallet says "NOOOOOOOOO!"

I agree, especially when it means two (color and B/W) of every single character in the line.

TMNT 'mates? My heart says "yes"...my wallet says "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Eh... I doubt if your wallet should worry...

Taking every TMNT line from the last two decades into account we'd get...

The Turtles, Shredder, April, Splinter, Casey Jones, A Foot Soldier, and probably some lame/useless variant turtles... and that'd be about it. Maybe a mouser as an accessory...

So that's what like? 2 waves? Tops. With maybe a box set on top?

Turtle toys haven't excited me much in years. The 2003 animated series line got a little more diverse, but was still fairly uninteresting overall. I miss the classic playmates line severely. I crave a vast and diverse lineup of mutants. I'm sick of seeing the same 8-10 TMNT characters re-hashed over and over... with each new iteration.

I'd kill for new Bebop & Rocksteady toys.

Zach has hinted before that new comic 'mates are on the horizon. I'm not sure they would be TMNT. Sounds like they will be more around the "Femme Fatales" theme. Some ideas:

Top Cow's Artifacts

Darkness, Witchblade, Magdalena, Cyberforce, Tom Judge

Dark Horse Hellboy

Hellboy, Abe Sapien

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales

Goldilocks, Little Miss Muffet, Snow Queen

100 Different publishers, last time I checked Diamond's Previews catalog.Not Zenescope, though, they already have a minifigure line.

I know that there is a graphic novel adaptation of A Game of Thrones out there. Juuuuuuuuust sayin.

If the customizers on this board have convinced me of one thing, it's that a Hellboy/BPRD line could be amazing...

Also, while you're (imaginarily) at Dark Horse, I'll take a Buffy box set too :thumbsup:

id buy every single character of a Buffy line

Someone may have already mentioned this and I missed it, but I finally bothered to take a look at this Cap and he appears to have new boots. The cuff is boxier, and it looks like they don't increase his height quite as much as the regular ones. Good to know DST are still improving the little things as they go.

BUT the same Cap in the Disney Store box set has the old boots, weirdly. Was thinking the new ones were probably sculpted for Hawkeye, but nope!