UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Well,my birthday is on July 14th. I'm turning 15!

Zach didn't mention tmnt in the unlikely to happen list. Prepare to get shell shocked!!

EDIT: totally unrelated but since it has been turned into a wish list thread,I thought about high jacking it. Zach,have you ever thought about doing minimates based on less known comics? Like asterix,lucky luke,the world of quest,captain Canuck etc... I think it would be easier to aquire the licence without paying them much since these comics don't have enough toys. Also,all of these names are very big in the European market so this might be the chance to break into the European market.

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of July birthdays. 35 on the 20th. :)

Yep, my birthday is the 21st and I turn 46 :yucky: and my boy turns 3 on the 2nd. I've got to say this license has me jazzed about Mates. This, along with hearing about Kang and Alpha Flight finally getting made makes me want to play catch up.

Lots of July birthdays. 35 on the 20th. :)

Yep, my birthday is the 21st and I turn 46 :yucky: and my boy turns 3 on the 2nd. I've got to say this license has me jazzed about Mates. This, along with hearing about Kang and Alpha Flight finally getting made makes me want to play catch up.

Hey, my birthday is on the 21st as well, and I turn 22!

But yeah. Way excited about Thundercats. I'm even wearing my Thundercats shirt today!

The figures are being released by Icon Heroes, who hold the license, not DST.

Interesting, interesting... so this is the same kind of deal as when DCD contracted with you guys to design and produce the DC mates?

I believe so. We're doing the designs and the prototyping.

Not to derail further, but has anyone looked at the Icon Heroes website? It appears they hold two licenses. Thundercats, and another one that rhymes with Bee Pan and the... Plasters of... yeah, I'm just going to stop there.

I'll be tracking them down at SDCC to see if I can dig a little deeper.

Edited by Lobsterman

The figures are being released by Icon Heroes, who hold the license, not DST.

Interesting, interesting... so this is the same kind of deal as when DCD contracted with you guys to design and produce the DC mates?

I believe so. We're doing the designs and the prototyping.

Not to derail further, but has anyone looked at the Icon Heroes website? It appears they hold two licenses. Thundercats, and another one that rhymes with Bee Pan and the... Plasters of... yeah, I'm just going to stop there.

I'll be tracking them down at SDCC to see if I can dig a little deeper.

Nice man,That would be awesome. I've been eyeing up that greyskull card holder for my MOTU customs to be displayed on, if you spot it, could you size up a minimate with it ? And the tank and cats lair too please, lol

Let me add my voice to all the other comments on how well designed these are. What I'm really impressed with is how inspired the design for Snarf is and how well his body structure was captured.

Looking forward to the day when Tygra & Cheetara are eventually revealed.

Edited by Aethyr

This development was just enough to draw me back in from my mini-break. It's good to be back and I'm thrilled at rising standards of current MMs. Thank-You AFX for consistently providing the cool (when DST seems afraid to take the risk)! These look a-mazing!! I can only imagine that there are plans for more if Jaga made the S1 cut over Tygra or Cheetara. Here's hoping that this is the beginning of extensive line-up from the TC universe (old and new). I've no doubt that these will do well. B)

It looks like AFX is doing things a bit differently this year, and I won't be able to put up preorders for their exclusives until after SDCC is over.

Pat usually does that. In the past he has given me access to his SDCC EX's, but I couldn't dole them out until after the show. I don't blame him. I really don't understand why companies call them Con exclusives but yet you can buy them even if you don't go to the show. And being able to preorder without going to the show makes "Con Exclusive", quite the joke. I get selling off leftover stock after the show, but pre-orders?!

I see lots of mentions for a follow up pack with Cheetra and Tygra as they are key characters but not alot of mentions of Wilykit and Wilykat are they the red head step kids that nobody mentions anymore :rolleyes:?

I can only remember a bit of Thundercats and I dont think the whole lot was ever shown in the UK so my character remembering is very spotty. I can only think oF Kit, Kat, Cheetra and Tygra to round off the team and the other powered up form of Mumm-Ra as I cant think of any other villains. So maybe there could be another pack but 5 is an odd number for Minimate boxes nowdays.

Well, there was Bengali, Linx-O and Pumyra who showed unp in series 2. Also Claudus (the previous lord of the cats) and Jagara were somewhat notable. Plus the villians Slyth, Vultureman, Jackalman, Monkian, Ratar-O and Ma-Mutt were on regularly. There's a little more depth, but not enough to really drag it out.

Pat usually does that. In the past he has given me access to his SDCC EX's, but I couldn't dole them out until after the show. I don't blame him. I really don't understand why companies call them Con exclusives but yet you can buy them even if you don't go to the show. And being able to preorder without going to the show makes "Con Exclusive", quite the joke. I get selling off leftover stock after the show, but pre-orders?!

I've bought the AFX exclusives from other stores the last year or two, but I think I was able to preorder them off AFX at least once back in the day. With 3000 sets, I don't know that they'd take the whole lot to the con.

Similarly Luke is guaranteeing the DST exclusives he has up for preorder, so I'm assuming a certain number of them have been set aside for him and other retailers ahead of time.

I see lots of mentions for a follow up pack with Cheetra and Tygra as they are key characters but not alot of mentions of Wilykit and Wilykat are they the red head step kids that nobody mentions anymore :rolleyes:?

The Thunderkittens are pretty tiny, even with slipper feet they might look a bit weird, could maybe work better as sculpted accessories like Snarf.

Well, there was Bengali, Linx-O and Pumyra who showed unp in series 2. Also Claudus (the previous lord of the cats) and Jagara were somewhat notable. Plus the villians Slyth, Vultureman, Jackalman, Monkian, Ratar-O and Ma-Mutt were on regularly. There's a little more depth, but not enough to really drag it out.

berbils.jpg

Edited by battlecat

I hope at some point relatively soon that DST addresses smaller characters. The Walking Dead line will be incomplete without Carl, Thundercats would be incomplete without Wily Kit and Kat, and the Marvel line will always be incomplete without.....uh.....I don't know......Howard the Duck.