SuperChefMate

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/2/2022 at 12:43 AM, elhonez said:

I think I'm going to go with Paine, but it may force me to rethink which arms to use.

The mask and the scarf are tightly connected so get that xacto ready. :)

On 1/12/2024 at 8:04 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Whenever a new Marvel minimate figure is solicited I always think about whether it is 'deserved' .  That might sound a bit pompous of me & probably is but it works for me :D

Bullseye is deserved.  We've had 4 Bullseyes ( I wait for the response  "4?" ) & the last one was (apart from a zombie) 15 years ago !  It is expensive on eBay & was pretty rare even when it was released IMHO.   Good choice .

I have to agree that ...with my new found knowledge....a Bullseye army builder seems wishful thinking .

I am not up to speed on Echo as a character but a brief trawl of the internet reveals that her suit/uniform is hardly 'unique' &  I can think of several existing Minimates that 'would do the job' .

-pompousheadsmate

I do the same thing, especially now that we're getting so few Marvel Minimates compared to years past. On the other hand, I'm pretty far out of what's currently going on in Marvel Comics right now, so a character that *I* don't think deserves to be 'mated may be one that's actually pretty prominent right now.

We definitely look at who has not been made, and who has been made semi-recently. Series 86 is based on a 1990s storyline, and has two new characters, plus one who has only been done animated. Series 87 is an 80s storyline, and has I believe two new characters again, plus one in a new outfit that is very different from the one we have. Hopefully people continue to find that ratio worth purchasing.

Wave 84 Yellow DD will probably go down in Marvel Minimate history as the longest-awaited updated Minimate of all time .

20+ years !

You could obviously argue that there have been several DDs but Yellow DD is IMHO , iconic . Iconic enough to be in the very first Marvel Wave.

Firestar must be the next longest-awaited .

let the speculation begin!!

jk - i'm still excited about this set and the next to start guessing about what is coming late this year or early next.

but only been done animated.............interesting.........that was around in the 90's........probably going to have to go through my sets to see who has only been done animated that was around back then.  man-thing is the first one that comes to my mind but can't think of a famous story he was in at that time.

focusing on this set i think the Typhoid Mary was one of the ones i was most excited about.  everyone else looks awesome too.

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We definitely look at who has not been made, and who has been made semi-recently. Series 86 is based on a 1990s storyline, and has two new characters, plus one who has only been done animated. Series 87 is an 80s storyline, and has I believe two new characters again, plus one in a new outfit that is very different from the one we have. Hopefully people continue to find that ratio worth purchasing.

... are either of them New Warriors? ^-^, You said you wanted to do them and Firestar was been made in her Amazing Spider-Man appearance.

Or X-Men from the 90s with Madelyne Pryor, Nate Grey, and some others? That would be hella dope.

Edited by Navaan

5 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Wait a second is it the goddamn clone saga? Because Jackal is also animated only. 

Do you think they would do two Spider-man sets in a row? I would be all for more Spider-man sets, but I don't think they would do it.

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

My xacto is always ready. :D

Trivia time .

Most everything in my toy/Minimate collection,in the last 20 years,has arrived in the post,packaged from the USA & Japan .

Consequently I have a pretty unique collection of x-acto knives & box-cutters that have been included (accidentally) in my packages . I have several :D 

Further irony is that it is very difficult to buy any sort of 'knife' or 'blade' on UK eBay /many other online stores. 

Asleep yet ?

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

Trivia time .

Most everything in my toy/Minimate collection,in the last 20 years,has arrived in the post,packaged from the USA & Japan .

Consequently I have a pretty unique collection of x-acto knives & box-cutters that have been included (accidentally) in my packages . I have several :D 

Further irony is that it is very difficult to buy any sort of 'knife' or 'blade' on UK eBay /many other online stores. 

Asleep yet ?

Lol I’m surprised you haven’t been flagged on a list!

15 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Do you think they would do two Spider-man sets in a row? I would be all for more Spider-man sets, but I don't think they would do it.

Yeah I wouldn’t think so but it is a very famous episode of Spider-Man, would give us that Ben Reilly outfit we haven’t gotten since early waves, and honestly what other 90s designs still hold up anyway?

On 1/18/2024 at 4:12 PM, Chooch said:

As much as I'd love a New Warriors set my suspicion is that the 90's set will be X-related. We seem due.

Wait we are getting a 90s set next?

19 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Clone Saga with Jackal or Kaine would make sense for the 90's set.

If the 80's one is Inferno, Darkchylde Magik could be the very different costume, with Wolverine, Sinister, Maddie, and a Marauder or demon.

80s X-men has a lot to cover! From the end of Dark Phoenix to the Brood Saga all the way to the Siege Perilous storyline with Lady Mandarían. As much as I would want Inferno, Fall of the Mutants also exists in that era. Perhaps Malice as Polaris is the alternative looked character since the tooling for Darkchylde could be expensive. I did manage to kitbash one in the silver version so maybe it’s not too hard. 

58 minutes ago, Navaan said:

I would prefer a Marvel Now Magik but a Goblin Queen in her crazy black crop top outfit could be used for a lot of customs, as could Darkchylde hoof legs.

Depending on the Illyana they can leverage the Battle Beast mold.