Wave 84 (Daredevil)

SuperChefMate

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was no easy choice here. We, the long-time fans, probably would have revolted if Typhoid Mary had been removed, which arguably would have been the more logical choice based on exposure alone. I would have preferred Bullseye be removed, but apparently this version is an army-builder, and the MMM team may have factored that into the decision.

At the end of the day, I think keeping Mary was the right choice.

9 hours ago, elhonez said:

There was no easy choice here. We, the long-time fans, probably would have revolted if Typhoid Mary had been removed, which arguably would have been the more logical choice based on exposure alone. I would have preferred Bullseye be removed, but apparently this version is an army-builder, and the MMM team may have factored that into the decision.

Putting an army builder in a $40 set with four non-builder figures is a silly decision. You can probably count on one hand the number of people who are going to spend that kind of money to army build that costume.

Cutting a character at all was also a silly decision. Doing the math, a $40 set with five figures is $8/figure. A $50 set with six figures is $8.33/figure. I don’t really see the logic there.

Considering most people are probably buying their sets from online retailers, sets with fewer characters are going to end up costing more per figure because they’re paying for shipping too.

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

Excuse my ignorance but how is this version of Bullseye an army-builder ?  :Dunno:

In Zdarsky’s run there’s like four of him causing chaos across NY. People are afraid to leave their homes because they’re sniping anyone they see. 

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Whenever a new Marvel minimate figure is solicited I always think about whether it is 'deserved' .  That might sound a bit pompous of me & probably is but it works for me :D

Bullseye is deserved.  We've had 4 Bullseyes ( I wait for the response  "4?" ) & the last one was (apart from a zombie) 15 years ago !  It is expensive on eBay & was pretty rare even when it was released IMHO.   Good choice .

I have to agree that ...with my new found knowledge....a Bullseye army builder seems wishful thinking .

I am not up to speed on Echo as a character but a brief trawl of the internet reveals that her suit/uniform is hardly 'unique' &  I can think of several existing Minimates that 'would do the job' .

-pompousheadsmate

You know.. something about the Mary feels off. I think it's the chest piece. AND THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST AWKWARD THING I SAY ON HERE, BUT...

This is not meant to be some kind of pervy thing, they're lines on a toy block with a sticker, basically, but like... maybe I am used to how Minimates always just have breasts being very round, and those feel, IDK, angular? Compared to Elektra there, even?

I hope that makes sense? Maybe it's just a weird conditioning for me.

They actually look bloody marvellous .  :thumbsup:

Whilst studying all the accessories ,which are lovely , it occurred to me that it must take absolutely ages for somebody to place all those pieces of tape over them !   It can surely only be done by hand & time is money .

Might I suggest that a single, clear, adhesive ,die-cut sheet be placed over the whole area ? Easier to pack & easier to unpack :thumbsup:

-buttIwasinthepackagingindustrymate

2 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

They actually look bloody marvellous .  :thumbsup:

Whilst studying all the accessories ,which are lovely , it occurred to me that it must take absolutely ages for somebody to place all those pieces of tape over them !   It can surely only be done by hand & time is money .

Might I suggest that a single, clear, adhesive ,die-cut sheet be placed over the whole area ? Easier to pack & easier to unpack :thumbsup:

-buttIwasinthepackagingindustrymate

This is a fantastic idea.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:30 AM, elhonez said:

We did not keep Bullseye because he was an army builder. We didn't really expect anyone to buy four sets. Echo got cut because she would have been the most expensive to produce. Extensive tampo, new parts, and a costume-change feature. We'll release her at some point. Perhaps this would have been the most appropriate time to release her, but I am not sure that the show would have generated more sales. 

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We did not keep Bullseye because he was an army builder. We didn't really expect anyone to buy four sets. Echo got cut because she would have been the most expensive to produce. Extensive tampo, new parts, and a costume-change feature. We'll release her at some point. Perhaps this would have been the most appropriate time to release her, but I am not sure that the show would have generated more sales. 

The Echo show was pretty bad. The fight scenes were pretty horrible. I still don't even know what her powers are on the show. They should have kept her with her powers from the comics. The show definitely isn't going to get people to want to buy her figure. I think you guys made the right choice removing her ( I do look forward to her in a future set though).

Does Bullseye not have a chest tampo? It looks odd to me from what I can see. I am slowly going blind though so maybe it is there and my eyes can't pick it up.