UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 84 (Daredevil)

SuperChefMate

47 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Also, he’s definitely coming with the parts to make a second one.

I want that to be true, but looking at the figure as it is in the line-up proper, we'd need a second torso, arms, hips, and legs. Practically a whole separate figure, at that point. 

Again, I'd like for it to be true, but it doesn't seem practical.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I want that to be true, but looking at the figure as it is in the line-up proper, we'd need a second torso, arms, hips, and legs. Practically a whole separate figure, at that point. 

Again, I'd like for it to be true, but it doesn't seem practical.

I don’t think they will do an accurate one but more a in the spirit of. Similar to the Dark Phoenix Cyclops. 

Also I am less impressed with the sonar since it’s so visually similar to can of beams’ add ons.

We did not cut Echo because she was a female and/or indigenous. We dropped her because she was expensive, lots of tooling and lots of tampo. Lots of extra parts so she could turn into Ronin. If we're going to lower the price of Marvel packs to satisfy complaints, we need to cut costs.

She will be released eventually, just not in this set. 

Daredevil will come with a D-Man mask, hopefully that counts for some people. 

Edited by DSTZach

31 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Huh! That's actually pretty clever... I can't believe no-one's thought of that before.

I think Luke was the one that started the D-Man train once we got a Logan mask. Maybe this one comes with the red beard?

Zach, you're a class act. Thank you for providing answers to our questions. I look forward to seeing what D-Man looks like!

Glad to know that Echo isn't completely canned. Hopefully she could show up in a New Avengers assortment. We could use an updated Sentry and classic Spider-Woman (Queen Veranke head included) to go with her! I'd especially love to see her transform into Ronin. 

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We did not cut Echo because she was a female and/or indigenous. We dropped her because she was expensive, lots of tooling and lots of tampo. Lots of extra parts so she could turn into Ronin. If we're going to lower the price of Marvel packs to satisfy complaints, we need to cut costs.

She will be released eventually, just not in this set. 

Daredevil will come with a D-Man mask, hopefully that counts for some people. 

As long as I get an Echo eventually, I'll be less bothered. But politely, this set lost me as a first run buyer. I'll just get Mary secondhand. I have no interest in DD Elektra, yellow DD, black Kingpin, or new costume Bullseye.

For the sake of the line, I hope others buy it. It just is not going to be me.

Edited by Navaan

8 hours ago, Navaan said:

As long as I get an Echo eventually, I'll be less bothered. But politely, this set lost me as a first run buyer. I'll just get Mary secondhand. I have no interest in DD Elektra, yellow DD, black Kingpin, or new costume Bullseye.

I’m a sucker and already planning on three. Need a MIB and the. One to display as DST intended and the other for alts like D-Man, an upgrade for my Mary custom, a new home for that gorgeous Mary hair piece (maybe a version without the white), Leland from Hellfire Club, and that Elektra could be a great base for a Crossing Scarlet Witch. 

9 hours ago, Navaan said:

I hope you can get her cheap!

I'm in it for DD, Mary, Kingpin and some cool parts. Kingpin's design actually lines up with a special project I have going on.

I will concur that one of the "cons" of the box set format is the diminished likelihood that I'll buy more than one. Which is a shame, because I'd want at least two DDs. 

Hey Zach, sorry to have missed you at the con this year -- I couldn't swing it. Are there any hints for Wave 85? 

Edited by elhonez

6 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I would love to see Boomerang - for me he's the next biggest Spidey villain that we haven't gotten yet. 

I think Tombstone, Jackal, and Hammerhead are bigger. 
And no, Hammerhead annd Jackal Animated dont count. 
But maybe it depends on the era of Spidey you prefer. 

1 hour ago, Trekker 42 said:

I think Tombstone, Jackal, and Hammerhead are bigger. 
And no, Hammerhead annd Jackal Animated dont count. 
But maybe it depends on the era of Spidey you prefer. 

True, but I was counting the animated ones for those 2. Although I would definitely prefer comic versions instead. 

11 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I won't get too into detail, but if we get started now (I've seen the designs), maybe we can show them at Toy Fair or NYCC. Series 84 goes up for pre-order late August. 

Can you hint to us what era these figures are specific to, if any?