• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/25/2023 at 9:37 AM, DSTZach said:

I hope you can get her cheap!

Appreciated. But even if I spend $20 bucks on her, alone, rather do that than $40 for characters I already have and without parts I need. D-Man Daredevil is the only potential oddity, but even with Captain America being my literal favorite Marvel hero, I can't justify the purchase with GI Joe Classifieds and vacation.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

2000s. 

Interesting - that wasn't a great time period for memorable new Spidey villains, except ones we have already gotten, like Anti-Venom and Menace. That era had short-lived villains like Morlun, Shathra, and Shade. Some lasted a bit longer, like Ezekiel, but he is just dressed like a civilian. Maybe it's based on the excellent Spider-Man: Blue by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale? That series had Kraven, Rhino, Vulture, Lizard, and Green Goblin, although it feels like we already have great Minimate versions of all of those. 

• 2 weeks later...

While I am bummed we lost Echo from the set, I am happy that we will get her slotted in soon!  Maybe a New Avengers set from after Civil War?  Might be the chance to get a classic costume Iron Fist and updated Dr Strange as well?  The Ronin suit could work for her or an added Hawkeye head!  I am pretty excited to see where she lands!

On 8/7/2023 at 10:09 AM, rman1115 said:

While I am bummed we lost Echo from the set, I am happy that we will get her slotted in soon!  Maybe a New Avengers set from after Civil War?  Might be the chance to get a classic costume Iron Fist and updated Dr Strange as well?  The Ronin suit could work for her or an added Hawkeye head!  I am pretty excited to see where she lands!

I'll take a Civil War New Warriors set.

Namora, Speedball, Nitro, Night Thrasher.

I've been pushing for New Warriors for a while. And I'm not even a big fan, I think I owned #1, I just like their team looks -- Nova, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Firestar, Justice, Speedball. Although I think we waited too long, it would need to be five. (DItto Thunderbolts.)

DD set goes up for pre-order on August 25.

2 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I've been pushing for New Warriors for a while. And I'm not even a big fan, I think I owned #1, I just like their team looks -- Nova, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Firestar, Justice, Speedball. Although I think we waited too long, it would need to be five. (DItto Thunderbolts.)

New Warriors- Speedball, Night Thrasher, Justice, Namorita

Thubderbolts, who would you try? Maybe a new Moonstone?

If we do New Warriors I'd prefer not to go with Civil War looks.  It was their low point as a team and felt like a real disservice.  I'd prefer their early looks.  Nova's second look was more or less a back to basics we already have so you could get away with Night Thrasher, Namorita, Marvel Boy/Justice, and Speedball.  Fifth could be Firestar - although her existing 'mate isn't far off.  If not her, then Silhouette or Rage.  Animal companion could be Niels.

For Thunderbolts I'd again want original looks.  Citizen V, Mach-1, Techno, Meteorite, Atlas.  Maybe swap Jolt in for Atlas if we can get a vinimate of him enlarged.  No clear animal/small choice - maybe that flying V hoverboard they all stood on in the first issue?  Hard to believe we got the whole Osborn team, but not the originals.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

yes!

i really might have bought those first DD ‘mates in aug ‘03, the 20 years is hitting me right now 

3 hours ago, Chooch said:

If we do New Warriors I'd prefer not to go with Civil War looks.  It was their low point as a team and felt like a real disservice.  I'd prefer their early looks.  Nova's second look was more or less a back to basics we already have so you could get away with Night Thrasher, Namorita, Marvel Boy/Justice, and Speedball.  Fifth could be Firestar - although her existing 'mate isn't far off.  If not her, then Silhouette or Rage.  Animal companion could be Niels.

For Thunderbolts I'd again want original looks.  Citizen V, Mach-1, Techno, Meteorite, Atlas.  Maybe swap Jolt in for Atlas if we can get a vinimate of him enlarged.  No clear animal/small choice - maybe that flying V hoverboard they all stood on in the first issue?  Hard to believe we got the whole Osborn team, but not the originals.

I hear you for the most part, but... compromise. Chimera or however they spelled it Namorita? OG Namorita was just 'water elf in Mera's bathing suit.'

Fuck me this is the 20th anniversary of Marvel Minimates isn’t it? This is exactly the right set to release right now. 
It’s kinda neat to think that we’ve only gotten Yellow Daredevil twice and it was 20 years apart. 

19 hours ago, Chooch said:

I personally would prefer the original 6 if there was a way to do it but if FF didn’t sell I would be gobsmacked if this did. Of the 6: Night Thrasher, Marvel Boy, Kid Nova, Firestar, Nita, and Speedball,  I would think the non-negotiable would be: Night Thrasher and Speedball.

Firestar and Nova have the most recognizable names. Both have had figures.  If DST added in a cape and blonde hairpiece with mask it would give us a Spitfire. Nova is an easy chop for me and also could be in a future GOTG set. no one is clamoring for that brown Kid Nova costume. That said, ski jacket Miles lives. 

Nita is an easy custom. Chopped. 

Marvel Boy could be in a GOTG set.

Rage and Silhouette are two fast follow members to the line up that are storyline crucial. 

Final Answer;

Night Thrasher, Speedball (with Niles), Firestar (with Spitfire parts), Rage, and Silhouette would be my Boxset with a fast follow GOTG Boxset Of Yondo, Chunky, Marty, Vance (with Marvel Boy parts and Cap Shield) and Starhawk. (With Aleta parts). 

15 hours ago, Navaan said:

I hear you for the most part, but... compromise. Chimera or however they spelled it Namorita? OG Namorita was just 'water elf in Mera's bathing suit.'

I dig the look!  But hey, I'll take whatever New Warriors I can get.

12 hours ago, Chooch said:

I love the idea of Marvel Boy/Vance Astro swappable parts.

It’s literally the same costume so why not? It’s how I have made all my custom Marvel Boys. 

11 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Marvel Boy and Firestar could easily be placed in a Busiek/Perez Avengers set. 

Yes, but they have different costumes. I personally love the Perez costumes more but they aren’t true to the New Warriors line. 

13 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Yes, but they have different costumes. I personally love the Perez costumes more but they aren’t true to the New Warriors line. 

Wouldn't be the first time we've gotten a completed team in contrasting costumes. 

12 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Wouldn't be the first time we've gotten a completed team in contrasting costumes. 

Shhhhh... don't give them ideas.  Especially since Marvel Legends is taking that approach with the New Warriors.  We need a win!

Edited by Chooch

21 hours ago, Chooch said:

Shhhhh... don't give them ideas.  Especially since Marvel Legends is taking that approach with the New Warriors.  We need a win!

We already have that issue let’s not make it worse…

• 2 weeks later...