UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

As an opener, I don't care about the packaging so long as it does its primary job of protecting the product.

Anything that gets Minimates more exposure while at the same time helping Disney/Marvel to sell home videos is a good thing in my book. Hopefully this will open the door to more opportunities for the brand and could be a success story to tell other partners who might consider a similar premium. (Universal Monsters, I'm looking at you.)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crushed...no.

Torn/slit/popped...yes.

:D

Our current policy is no exact reproductions.

Aaaand bookmarked for posterity. smile.png

bdh.gif

I'd bookmark one of the places Chuck said it in Ask DST. I may be overstating it, but it's Chuck's rule.

Technically, the rule has never been broken. DST has released new or updated versions of earlier chase/variant 'mates, but none of them have ever been 100% identical to the original release.

Dino, sorry, you've got to let this one go. yes.gif

TM2, you need a code from inside the case. You enter it in online. Not sure if you can mail it, but more.marvel.com has a FAQ.

Valo, I don't know if that was ever suggested. I don't know what he looks like in the film, but I doubt the general public (and kids) would consider him the incentive that Iron Man and Hulk are. I also doubt we would have had time to sculpt and tool the new parts that would surely have been necessary. I ALSO think that people on this board would have flipped out if the DVD got an exclusive character, so I'm glad we didn't do that.

But I'd start Asking DST for Zzzax now!

Edited by DSTZach

So, what exactly are we sending in? The UPCs?

Have you read this thread at all?
No, it's a Hulk thread. You're in it. woot.gif

rimshot.gif

J/K buddy. smile.png No, actually I was asking because there was talk of people slitting packages, but I don't see how you could know where it is in the package. Usually they're tucked behind those prongs. So I thought maybe it was the UPC or something.

Someone at my local Walmart shoplifts DVDs on a pretty regular basis and leaves the opened cases in the action figures aisle after pocketing the discs. Maybe I'll swing by and see if they took this DVD and left the code behind. cool.png

Somebody at my local Wal-Mart returns Marvel Legends with the BAF piece replaced by old Masters of the Universe figure parts from the 80's and even Barbie arms and legs, which they of course restock. I have good reason to believe its the same person who returns Minimates with the bases removed or with the wrong figure replaced at my TRU. If I ever catch this person in the act I'll probably make the news as they $@:#ed me multiple times before I became more cautious.

Technically, the rule has never been broken. DST has released new or updated versions of earlier chase/variant 'mates, but none of them have ever been 100% identical to the original release.

What were the differences in the Heroes and Adversaries figures? I thought they were no discernible differences between them and the earlier releases. I know some of those TRUs were different, albeit in very subtle ways like date stamps, different tampos on legs, color of a belt, etc.

What were the differences in the Heroes and Adversaries figures? I thought they were no discernible differences between them and the earlier releases. I know some of those TRUs were different, albeit in very subtle ways like date stamps, different tampos on legs, color of a belt, etc.

Dear Mr.Newbie ,

I know you haven't been here very long & that you know little of the anality of many of us here . Once you have posted a few more times & studied our ways then....& only then ..... may you offer up an opinion . Precision with words is essential ,knowledge is all, lest you run the gauntlet of being ridiculed .....some may even be so puerile as to pick you up on your grandmar & your speling .

That said..... heed my condescending & pompous words.........

None of the Heroes & Adversaries set were chases or exclusives . wallbash.gif

-Beavis'mate biggrin.png

For the record....a day or so ago.......... I downloaded the picture of the Heroes & Adversaries box set from the MMDB & actually typed much the same post as you did Sam........then it dawned on me !

Rob

Edited by buttheadsmate

I always wonder and get a bit confused on the exclusives side of things. An this is one of the main ones http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=780&n=Danger+Room+Wolverine++Omega+Red It was never stickered as an TRU only pack and still nither have been put in a LCS wave. Same with http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=679&n=Battle-Damaged+Wolverine++Captain+America

Not as sure with the cap been released in a LCS wave they kinda look the same to me.

Ohh and Hail Ivan

Once TRU Marvel waves became established as 'every character different/exclusive to TRU' (wave 8?) then the sticker aspect became somewhat irrelevant except that it indicates 'scarcity'.....they denote the short packs. I reckon that TRU & DST originally had some deal going whereby it was agreed that 'exclusives to TRU' would never be repeated in a LCS wave.......I also reckon that it is now just taken as given that all TRU Marvel minimate characters will not be seen in LCS waves.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Yeah, I see now that YB was referring to exclusives, but Zach's initial post seemed more general than that, which is where I was coming from. If the DST policy is "Our current policy is no exact reproductions of exclusive figures/chases," then I think YB is right.

I don't think we have an agreement about non-stickered, non-shared Minimates sold at TRU not being released at specialty. But I also don't think we feel a need to offer every non-stickered TRU figure to specialty, especially since those are generally made in larger quantities. If a non-stickered, non-shared TRU figure made sense to release at specialty, we'd probably change it a little anyway, since it's not part of the same production run.

The TRU version of Sam Alexander Nova might have been made at the same time as the Series 51 version, but I'm thinking not, due to the shoulder pad difference and the added parts. But I believe the Reaper was, and Cap and Falcon in 18/54 should be, just liked past shared figures.

Edited by DSTZach

I just got my exclusive Iron Man and Hulk Minimates.

The Hulk with Iron Man Armour is not what I expected as it is merely the armour painted on a chest-piece but yet I got him and he is not that bad looking.

I am really happy with my Hulkbuster Iron Man as I never got the original version.

The Exclusive Iron Man comes with a Tony Stark hair piece.

All three come in a hard plastic molded shell and sealed in a plastic bag and each includes a stand to display them on.

If I had a nice camera I would snap some images of these mates but I am without a photographic means at this time.

The BVCC-Studios Invoice I got with the three minimates, give each an item number.

20142901 - Iron Man Minimate

20142902 - Hulk Buster Minimate

20142903 - Hulk Armor Mini Mate

After reading the invoice, I thought we were paying $9.99 for the Hulkbuster and Hulk in Iron Man Armor but the invoice shows the Iron Man was $9.99 and then the others were $0.00.

Still not bad for getting three minimates I would not have gotten by any other means. And I have the DVD to give as a gift to a little boy who likes Marvel videos.

Just wanted to share that I just got my three Mates from More.Marvel.com.

Edited by Captain Paco

Thanks for the update, Captain!

I'm not surprised about Hulk's chest tampo. It looked that way in the solicitation even though they may have tried to disguise it. That's not a deal breaker for me.

I am curious to see the difference in the paint between Hulkbusters.