UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like it... Sheesh.. Although for hulkbuster ....

Does anyone know if the mail in will be offered for all DVD copies? Meaning I can go to any DVD retailer and pick up the movie then do the mail in for the minimates?

Bc if I can pick this up at best buy or Barnes and noble then that's pretty sweet

The way i understood the announcement was that buying the dvd gives you a mail in for iron man (with changable parts) just pay S&H. Then the website will also be selling the Hulkbuster redo and Hulk with Iron Armor 2-pack for $9.99 at some point.

I am pretty sure the are two seperate things promoting the animated movie. However it shakes out, i am extremely happy to get another Hulkbuster.. One of my top 5 favorite minimates of all time!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Zach gets it! ;)

I like this new Hulkbuster better than the shiny version I have.

Best of Iron Man/Classic Heroic Age Iron Man and the Wave 49/TRU Mark 42 also have matte/shiny variants of the same armor. Wonder if DST is gonna repeat with more armors down the line?

I probably don't need the matte treatment done with every single shiny armour that DST have released. But This particular armour is probably a safe one to do it with as the TRU release has become quite sought after. I doubt they'd have as many people interested in the mail-away 2-pack if it was matte finish Heroes Reborn IM.

true... and i guess its different enough to not be too upsetting for people who shelled out big bucks for the original. i love the shiny armors and hulkbuster was one of the first if i recall correctly. It'll be cool to have two different versions, and the armored hulk is another great hulk variant (which we've got a lot of lately). Still waiting on the classic grey bulked up hulk though... although might be able to modify rhino + joe fixit to make one.

i just saw a television commercial for this, and it included a shot and statement of the "Free iron man minimate"

First ever minimate on television- sweet

Just saw the commercial myself, my DVR caught it when recording Adventure Time last night.

Here are some screen caps of what is shown....

Untitled-1.png

Then....

Untitled.jpg

I think Peter David is aware of Minimates, or he was when I interviewed him about Series 43.

And yeah, covers are meant to drive sales, and there are more Lego collectors than Minimates collectors. The Lego name alone sells it. But we've got a pretty cool promotion coming up.

You said this in an earlier thread Zach. This is what you were talking about yes?

I think Peter David is aware of Minimates, or he was when I interviewed him about Series 43.

And yeah, covers are meant to drive sales, and there are more Lego collectors than Minimates collectors. The Lego name alone sells it. But we've got a pretty cool promotion coming up.

You said this in an earlier thread Zach. This is what you were talking about yes?

I believe so, yes!

Didn't know about the TV commercial, though!