UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

Instead of comparing these to a regular 2-pack or 4-pack, I am thinking of them as Promos/Con-giveaways. $10 per mate is reasonable for a "free" Minimate handed out as a con exclusive; I know I have paid more for some of them!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally got the email for that coupon as I completed my purchase at Target smile.png I've always wanted a Hulkbuster so this promo is pure win for me! It's cool that they are using the same voice actors as from the Avengers Assemble series, I think they used many of the same actors for the Lego Marvel game as well.

I am embarrassed I had no idea most Blu-Rays were multi-region (apparently some are regionalized, but only 30% or so). You can tell I have no Blu-ray player. But I have not seen this sold on Blu-ray without the DVD, and I assume the DVD is Region 1. Are they selling this in a U.K. edition?

Those Kubrick pack-ins are pretty ridiculous, but then, I don't know what the original retail was on them, either. I assume under $200 for the watch, and under $50 for the CD, but I also don't know how limited the editions were. I see a 3,000 on the front of the CD, nothing on the watch.

And yeah, $32 for three Minimates plus a DVD is NOT ridiculous, especially since all of the characters have been available elsewhere. Sorry if people see this as a negative rather than the positive it is.

Re: the kubricks ,those are extreme examples & I have no idea how many watches were made but since I've been collecting kubricks (6 years) they have always been in the many $100' s .

Re: The DVD being sold in the UK ......I would guess 'not officially ' & 'probably not for a while ' & for the record..... DVD/Blurays sold in the UK are often considerably more expensive than the US & would be a good place to dump your DVD *

*my insidious plan is therefore revealed pinch.gif

And yeah, $32 for three Minimates plus a DVD is NOT ridiculous, especially since all of the characters have been available elsewhere. Sorry if people see this as a negative rather than the positive it is.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the entire deal is a negative – the more exposure for Minimates the better. I was looking at it through the admittedly narrow lens of "give me more Minimates nom nom nom" rather than thinking about the DVD itself as the driving purchase and the toys as an add-on.

The actual figures aren't a negative at all. I'm just looking at it as a whole. I can't buy the figures without buying the DVD. So it's a package deal. I would rather not have to buy an unwanted $20 product as a prerequisite for the opportunity to spend a reasonable $12.58 on the Minimates I want. It really isn't a negative statement at all in terms of DST. I think the fact that people are willing to pay such an inflated price to get the Minimates is a pretty strong positive for the Minimate brand.

$20 wouldn't be too too bad if the movie were good, but the reviews suggest it is mediocre. Oh, well. I'll just skip it, but I feel for you completists out there. I'm reminded of the old AFX deal where I paid $40 or so for a bunch of Battlestar Galactica figures I didn't really want to get Web Armor Spidey.

Edited by karamazov80

$20 wouldn't be too too bad if the movie were good, but the reviews suggest it is mediocre. Oh, well. I'll just skip it, but I feel for you completists out there. I'm reminded of the old AFX deal where I paid $40 or so for a bunch of Battlestar Galactica figures I didn't really want to get Web Armor Spidey.

Sam, I'm really glad somebody, other than me, said that ...it's been on the tip of my tongue for hours.........low moment for us all & I personally never forgave AFX...... or myself .

Sam, I'm really glad somebody, other than me, said that ...it's been on the tip of my tongue for hours.........low moment for us all & I personally never forgave AFX...... or myself .

While I'm not defending AFX for running that promo (I too was suckered), AFX wasn't the one to fault for this:

pack0576f_lg.jpg

That certainly was some salt in the wound.

As I recall, we were initially all pretty excited about that new Spidey figure, though. That was back when we only had about 10 or 15 Spidey variants, instead of about 15,000. :lol:

Yeah, the old thread shows a very positive response at first. Not sure how many were made that they needed to be closed out like that, or what the thinking was behind the later re-pack, but I can't imagine how any leftover figures from this offer would find their way to the secondary market.

And we don't have any plans to make another Hulkbuster, but if we ever did, it would not be the same as this figure. Our current policy is no exact reproductions.

I didn't say there weren't avenues, I just didn't think there would be a sufficient monetary incentive for DISNEY to devalue future offers in such a way. Also, I'm pretty sure these are just polybagged. Packaging was not created, that I know of, so I really don't know how Diamond would distribute them, except as a free incentive for something else. But I suppose anything is possible.

I'll double-check, but as far as I know there isn't some secret packaging we're refusing to show people. I assume they'll ship in a box of some kind, but I don't think we provided them to Disney in anything other than a polybag.

Our current policy is no exact reproductions.

Aaaand bookmarked for posterity. smile.png

I'd bookmark one of the places Chuck said it in Ask DST. I may be overstating it, but it's Chuck's rule.