UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We looked for a distributor for these, but they were all more expensive than Amazon has them for. So if any international customers would like to order them from us, the set includes the DVD and Iron Man, Hulk, and Hulkbuster Iron Man Minimates. We will simply be getting them from Amazon and submitting each code individually. The cost on these is $21.99 for the DVD, plus $12.59 for the exclusive Minimates and shipping to us, plus $5.41 handling fee for us to take care of the code submittal, pay our various fees, and make a very tiny profit. This comes to $39.99 and you can order it here: http://lukestoystore.com/iron-man-hulk-heroes-united-exclusive-minimates/

They are made entirely of interchangeable parts and accessories. You can interchange everything! They're Minimates! :)

Iron Man comes with removable hair AND a removable helmet. Hulk comes with removable chest armor, hair and muscle parts. Hulkbuster comes with removable chest armor and leg armor. All three heads are interchangeable, so you can put Tony or Hulk in the Hulkbuster armor.

Not trying to trick anybody, the control art was released a week ago.

Hope I can get my hands on a set!

They are made entirely of interchangeable parts and accessories. You can interchange everything! They're Minimates! smile.png

Iron Man comes with removable hair AND a removable helmet. Hulk comes with removable chest armor, hair and muscle parts. Hulkbuster comes with removable chest armor and leg armor. All three heads are interchangeable, so you can put Tony or Hulk in the Hulkbuster armor.

You have to admit its a bit misleading especially if you're the kid that just gets the "Free" Ironman with the "Variety of interchangeable parts and accessories" adding a couple of flesh hands and maybe a few different armor parts might have represented Minimates better to the kids or general public that you're always claiming to try to appeal to, and not us here.

Edited by Mattallica

They are made entirely of interchangeable parts and accessories. You can interchange everything! They're Minimates! smile.png

You have to admit its a bit misleading especially if you're the kid that just gets the "Free" Ironman with the "Variety of interchangeable parts and accessories" adding a couple of flesh hands and maybe a few different armor parts might have represented Minimates better to the kids or general public that you're always claiming to try to appeal to, and not us here.
Does Tonys head fit with the hairpiece? Might look weird if he's bald. Either way I actually think the hulkbuster head would look better on the regular shellhead body. But if Tonys hair doesn't fit under the buster hatch then Ur sol Edited by kaipo

Not every Minimate comes with bonus parts, so I'm not sure how a Minimate with bonus parts would represent the line BETTER, but you've made me reconsider my default descriptor, which usually comes after a fair amount of character info. I still think it's technically true for any Minimate, but it is more true for some than others.

Does Tonys head fit with the hairpiece? Might look weird if he's bald. Either way I actually think the hulkbuster head would look better on the regular shellhead body. But if Tonys hair doesn't fit under the buster hatch then Ur sol

Or you can simply pop on the hair when you open the dome, just like you pop on the hair when you remove the regular helmet. Same principle.

Zach, keep in mind, the one complaint I hear most from parents is that the hands are easily lost. It might mean absolutely nothing to you, but I hear it a lot. The Multiverse seems to be the first line of contact for a small percentage of parents and I tend to give them the DST customer service email, but have also sent hands (and the occasional foot) to many folks in distress. I think the Multiverse often comes up first with some search engines. I think we need a Batphone next to a bust of Shakespeare on my home office desk.

Now back on topic... sweat.gif

You guys get customer service requests? And FULFILL them?

Wow. Thank you.

But definitely keep sending them to us, now that we have a full-time CS rep. Amy has boxes of Minimates parts in the Batcave, and hands are easy.

So are you saying that we should have sent extra hands, or that we did right by not including extra hands? smile.png

Not every Minimate comes with bonus parts, so I'm not sure how a Minimate with bonus parts would represent the line BETTER, but you've made me reconsider my default descriptor, which usually comes after a fair amount of character info. I still think it's technically true for any Minimate, but it is more true for some than others.

>Does Tonys head fit with the hairpiece? Might look weird if he's bald. Either way I actually think the hulkbuster head would look better on the regular shellhead body. But if Tonys hair doesn't fit under the buster hatch then Ur sol

Or you can simply pop on the hair when you open the dome, just like you pop on the hair when you remove the regular helmet. Same principle.

I'm not talking about "every minimate" but looking at this promo from the point of view of, as you like to tell us, "that kid/adult who has never heard of minimates before" the Ad clearly states "...comes with a Variety of interchangeable parts and accessories for maximum fun." when IT DOESN'T no matter how you try to justify it. this could turn off what could be potential future minimate buyers/collectors. but as usual you are so quick to try and defend your decisions or try and slam anyone who has a different point of view about minimates, that you cant see it for the constructive criticism it was meant to be.

Amy has boxes of Minimates parts in the Batcave, and hands are easy.

NO.

STOP THAT right now!

No more DC Comics references until you announce DC Minimates! I know DST has the Batman '66 license but it's driving me up the wall seeing it referenced in this context!

Holy high blood pressure, Batman. wacko.png

I'm not talking about "every minimate" but looking at this promo from the point of view of, as you like to tell us, "that kid/adult who has never heard of minimates before" the Ad clearly states "...comes with a Variety of interchangeable parts and accessories for maximum fun." when IT DOESN'T no matter how you try to justify it. this could turn off what could be potential future minimate buyers/collectors. but as usual you are so quick to try and defend your decisions or try and slam anyone who has a different point of view about minimates, that you cant see it for the constructive criticism it was meant to be.

I agree with Zach. I think his copy does a better job of explaining the overall Minimates play pattern to the uninitiated than any other packaging I can recall.

Let's face it; we're spoiled. We veterans read that text and conjure up images of accessory-laden sets like The Expendables and Deadpools Assemble. But I've heard complaints from newbies that the arms and legs come off at all. They're utterly unaware of the mix & match play pattern because DST doesn't push it.

So unless the arms, legs, heads, and other components really can't be swapped out between these three figures, Zach's copy is valid.

I just said you've made me consider the error of my ways, Mattalica, and revisit my thinking on the subject. Was that not clear? I think you misread my statement about this Minimate best representing other Minimates. It was very constructive criticism, thank you. And I was defending/explaining my thinking, but I didn't think I was slamming anybody.

That said, I didn't write that specific line as written, and I didn't think that statement would be front-and-center like that. If I'd known, I might have emphasized other things. I still don't think getting a free Minimate with only one ADDITIONAL interchangeable part/accessory is going to turn kids off of Minimates, but I would not have used my default statement of a "variety" in this case.

I think we need a Batphone next to a bust of Shakespeare on my home office desk.

Sorry, Mister PL, Shanester started it. Edited by DSTZach

Zach, extra hands would probably get lost. :P I always give the customer service info because I don't want people to think we are DST or we accept CS reqs. However, I do sometimes help folks out with spare parts, usually for older figures. You would probably be surprised to know how often I get emails from people needing parts or asking where to buy. I send a lot of people to Luke, also. I am sure the vast majority of people find the DST website, but I don't mind the occasional stray.

Sorry MPL. I did throw the Batcave curveball, but you know, some days you just can't get rid of a bomb. batmanblue.gif

Mattalica, I think you're being a little churlish on this point. While these don't come with a whole tray of accessories as we've become accustomed to, they still undeniably follow the swappable-part model of any other Minimate. You can put Iron Man's boots on Hulk, you can put Hulk's head in the Hulkbuster suit, You can put Hulk's feet on Tony Stark, etc. This mix-and-match feature, as opposed to the standard action figure model of a solid body with no interchangable parts and maybe one accessory, is still a different play pattern for kids who are newcomers to the line. In the end, I guess it depends on your definition of a "variety" of parts, but if you're going to be a stickler on that, the vast majority of Minimates fall short of the standard.

Mattalica, I think you're being a little churlish on this point. While these don't come with a whole tray of accessories as we've become accustomed to, they still undeniably follow the swappable-part model of any other Minimate. You can put Iron Man's boots on Hulk, you can put Hulk's head in the Hulkbuster suit, You can put Hulk's feet on Tony Stark, etc. This mix-and-match feature, as opposed to the standard action figure model of a solid body with no interchangable parts and maybe one accessory, is still a different play pattern for kids who are newcomers to the line. In the end, I guess it depends on your definition of a "variety" of parts, but if you're going to be a stickler on that, the vast majority of Minimates fall short of the standard.

I think Mattalica's point is that this is only true if you opt to get Hulk and Hulkbuster. If you only get the free Iron Man, you don't have a variety of swappable parts, even though you can deconstruct him. There should have been a prominent subliminal message that encourages kids and parents to buy more minimates.