UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

Random thoughts:

- I ordered mine on the 23rd and got it today. Pretty impressive service all things considered.

- I generally prefer metallic paint on Iron Man armor but I have both versions now so I can't complain.

- I really do like the extra shoulder armor on Hulkbuster. Wishing the original came with those.

- Just a little disappointed that Hulk's armor wasn't sculpted but not all armor is so it works for me.

- Stands are always a good thing!

- Given the packaging, I can see any excess inventory being given away at one of the Disney parks.

Overall this was a pretty painless premium. I didn't have to suffer through the movie thanks to reviews here, the video went to a young friend for his birthday yesterday, and thanks to Toy Karma I have a second set on the way. Life is good. smile.png

Edited by MisterPL

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got these in hand now, thanks to a certain Hulk fanatic, & I have to say I'm mightily impressed with them . The packaging itself is worthy of note ,a simple yet oh so functional clear plastic clamshell which is about the most perfect vehicle for carrying a Minimate around your person without losing half of it!

One little gripe is Iron Man's pants ......WTF are those black lines coming from ? Everything else is spot on ,they're all nicely painted with a distinctly retro feel to them . The Hulkbuster is almost better than the original TRU version whilst the Hulk continues to grow on me .

Love 'em .

Just watched the movie. It was laughably bad at points but mostly I was sitting the stunned for an hour. I think if Zzzax had been one of the mates Id have been stoked but after you see him in the movie you just want to shoot your tv. I just went back to the store and got my money back.

I think the Hulkbuster could use a little blackwash to bring out his details, but other wise its a cool figure. At retail, its a bit of an expensive set, but I have found a couple of stellar deals on the disk that have made the overall price of the figures a little more digestible. I guess its to our advantage that the movie is not very good...

At retail, its a bit of an expensive set, but I have found a couple of stellar deals on the disk that have made the overall price of the figures a little more digestible. I guess its to our advantage that the movie is not very good...

Yeah, I'm with Shane. I've been able to pick up a few brand new factory sealed Blu-rays on eBay for $10 shipped, and they arrived just as advertised with working codes. $23 for the set of three is a much easier pill to swallow.

I'm curious to see whether these turn up somewhere else at some point – Marvel Studios booth con exclusive?

I can only imagine they will. It doesn't seem to me that this will be a huge seller of a DVD/BD, and add to that many buyers won't opt to buy the figures, and then add to that the offer ends in about 6 weeks.

One little gripe is Iron Man's pants ......WTF are those black lines coming from ?

This totally just made my day. I've been sitting here for the past several minutes giggling like an idiot & scrolling back thru the posts to find a pic to see because I can't remember what this IM looks like. Thanks, R! biggrin.png