UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

The picture is of a product sample, as far as I know. The paint is flat, not metallic. That control art is from the concept stage, and may even be the original Hulkbuster control art. Final decisions about paint were made over e-mail, and the art did not need to be revised. Sorry for the confusion.

We've done a few DVD pack-ins over the years, as well as a few mail-aways, but not always Minimates. Minimates are a hard sell because most companies want serious representations of their characters. I believe we did a 7-inch Cylon for a BSG set, but I don't think we ever did anything with BSG Minimates. And there have been other talks that stalled because it wasn't how they wanted their characters represented. Part of me wonders if the media push by Lego has made block figures more accepted overall.

And obviously a DVD that comes with a Minimate is pretty cool, but this way we were able to work on a separate timeline from the DVD. If we'd had to get them to the factory in time to make the DVD, we might not have made it. Also, this way the price of the toys is charged only to the people who want them -- not to the retailers, and not to the people who just want the movie -- which surely helps sales, as most likely not every store and customer would want to pay $10 more. Maybe it doesn't drive sales as much as a toy in-hand does, but it probably also cuts down on damaged and torn-open packaging, as well as Toy Aisle Trolls.

And I'm vaguely aware of Digital River's reputation, but this is not Digital River. It sounds like you can order with confidence, based on previous transactions.

You know, I think I told you at C2E2, YB, that they needed to start packing Minimates with movies like Best Buy did with DC. Glad to see that the great, nebulous "someone" listened to my idea. tongue.png

It is as good an idea as it was in 2006. sorcerer.gif Hope it continues!

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=145&n=Ultimate+Avengers+2+DVD+with+Hulk

Hail Ivan.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture is of a product sample, as far as I know. The paint is flat, not metallic. That control art is from the concept stage, and may even be the original Hulkbuster control art. Final decisions about paint were made over e-mail, and the art did not need to be revised. Sorry for the confusion.

We've done a few DVD pack-ins over the years, as well as a few mail-aways, but not always Minimates. Minimates are a hard sell because most companies want serious representations of their characters. I believe we did a 7-inch Cylon for a BSG set, but I don't think we ever did anything with BSG Minimates. And there have been other talks that stalled because it wasn't how they wanted their characters represented. Part of me wonders if the media push by Lego has made block figures more accepted overall.

And obviously a DVD that comes with a Minimate is pretty cool, but this way we were able to work on a separate timeline from the DVD. If we'd had to get them to the factory in time to make the DVD, we might not have made it. Also, this way the price of the toys is charged only to the people who want them -- not to the retailers, and not to the people who just want the movie -- which surely helps sales, as most likely not every store and customer would want to pay $10 more. Maybe it doesn't drive sales as much as a toy in-hand does, but it probably also cuts down on damaged and torn-open packaging, as well as Toy Aisle Trolls.

And I'm vaguely aware of Digital River's reputation, but this is not Digital River. It sounds like you can order with confidence, based on previous transactions.

You know, I think I told you at C2E2, YB, that they needed to start packing Minimates with movies like Best Buy did with DC. Glad to see that the great, nebulous "someone" listened to my idea. tongue.png

It is as good an idea as it was in 2006. sorcerer.gif Hope it continues!

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=145&n=Ultimate+Avengers+2+DVD+with+Hulk

Hail Ivan.

Zach is it possible to have the two missing warrior three minimates release this way?............Perhaps with Thor 2 when it comes out on DVD???

I'll have to say it sooner or later .....that Ultimate Avengers DVD package with the Hulk minimate was (& still is) one of the hardest packaged items to find IMHO. Make of that what you will.

Are we saying that this offer is one per person ? How can they regulate that ....one per address ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'll have to say it sooner or later .....that Ultimate Avengers DVD package with the Hulk minimate was (& still is) one of the hardest packaged items to find IMHO. Make of that what you will.

Are we saying that this offer is one per person ? How can they regulate that ....one per address ?

Yes, I can attest to the trouble finding the DVD Hulk pack!

As far as the redemption goes, it doesn't look like it is one per address, rather one set per code. So essentially you would need to buy a DVD for every Minimate set you want. :\

Edited by youbastards

It's one per code. You can buy and order as many as you want, as far as I know. In the FAQ on more.marvel.com, it basically says buy more DVDs to get more codes.

And I think the Thor 2 DVD is probably all locked up at this point. But who knows! Maybe they'll call us up if this does well.

It's one per code. You can buy and order as many as you want, as far as I know. In the FAQ on more.marvel.com, it basically says buy more DVDs to get more codes.

And I think the Thor 2 DVD is probably all locked up at this point. But who knows! Maybe they'll call us up if this does well.

Awesome, a glimmer of hope....... Let the waiting game begin........

Thanks for the info Zach & yb ..............so where's the cheapest source for these ?

-hungryheadsmate

$18.99 on Amazon.

Personally, I'm probably going to pass. I've got plenty of Iron Men, plenty of Hulks, and I've got the original HBIM. But I think this is a really cool offer, and I hope we get to see more of these (though I suspect those of you hoping for more obscure characters to be released this way should keep dreaming).

I'd find out who distributes it and contact them. Either that or look on Amazon for a reseller and see what kind of deal you can strike. Just what I would do...

My total, after the DVD + tax + 2 pack/shipping cost, was $33.77. Not a great price for what amounts to 3/4 of a box set worth of figures. But, it's the only way to get them so what can you do, right? My biggest concern is getting them sight unseen. No checking through the stock to find ones with decent paint jobs.

And just as a heads up, I found three DVDs that had the shrinkwrap slit with the code sheet removed. The DVD version doesn't have a slipcover or security sticker so it looks like it would be pretty easy to do. Considering the price, I'm guessing that there will be more than a few people that do it. So make sure to check that you have an unopened product before you buy.

Don't want your DVD/Blu-ray? A couple of useful suggestions:

1) Need to make a little money back? Take it to your local book reseller and sell for cash back. Mine (Half Price Books) takes music/movies/video games in addition to books.

2) Need to make a little money back? Sell it back to Amazon.

3) Feeling generous? Put it in the Toys For Tots bin.

I just went out and purchased the dvd copy of Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United merely for the code to get my exclusive minimates. I processed my order and so I am getting three minimates for like $13. I never got the original Hulkbuster Iron Man so I am happy to get a version of him now. I was only allowed one order so that means you have to have multiple codes to get more than one set, bummer. I was going to order a few to try to help out others who likely would pay a buck or two more for them it that meant they did not need to purchase the movie, but I could not.

Anyway, I am hoping that I will get a set before the end of January as they say allow 28 days for delivery.

I'm grateful for the help.....I'm looking at the Amazon image/offer & I see no promotional sticker thingy......do all these packs have the offer?

Not sure how often you use Amazon, but they are absolutely great about returns if you're unsatusfied. I would chance it and if they come with no code, just return them.

I'm grateful for the help.....I'm looking at the Amazon image/offer & I see no promotional sticker thingy......do all these packs have the offer?

Not sure how often you use Amazon, but they are absolutely great about returns if you're unsatusfied. I would chance it and if they come with no code, just return them.

Thank you ,I use Amazon.com & I'd agree they're pretty spot on.........however I'm in the UK & the whole process for me is going to be a bit more difficult & I need to be careful . I appreciate your post thumbsup.gif

Well, technically, that's the price for the Minimates and a brand-new $20 DVD. :D But I feel for you guys. Still, It looks like fun, I look forward to watching it.

And, for what it's worth, that's also the average going price for the original Hulkbuster on e Bay.

Well, technically, that's the price for the Minimates and a brand-new $20 DVD. biggrin.png But I feel for you guys. Still, It looks like fun, I look forward to watching it.

And, for what it's worth, that's also the average going price for the original Hulkbuster on e Bay.

Conspiracy theory no.345

"Chuck knew exactly what he was doing making the Hulk buster hard to find, just so he could re-release it with a DVD later & have Zach claim that's the gonig rate for just the minimate, making people flock out to buy the DVDs... Boy does Chuck know how to play the Long game!"

T.

/<deadpan face>

I got confirmation from Marvel that the DVD and Blu-ray both have the code, but I assume that applies to Region 1 discs only.

I'm only using the context of your post Zach.........for anybody in the UK who might not know this Blu-Ray is multi-region whilst the Region 1 DVD theoretically should only work in the US/Canada unless you have a multi-region DVD player whistling.gif

I like this marketing idea as long as the 'mates are fairly affordable/accessible to all because.......

........whether anybody likes it or not Medicom kubricks established many of the marketing ideas that we see in other mini-figure lines ,most are fun but many are downright ridiculous ......

Buy a watch.... get 2 free kubricks http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Casio-G-shock-Dw-6900-Ultraseven-Kubrick-40-Anniversary-Limited-/111210614506?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19e4ab4eea . I have one of those 2 kubricks but it is unlikely I'll ever get the other ..........who's going to pay that ?

Here's another idea http://www.ebay.com/itm/RaRe-Japan-Medicom-X-DAFT-PUNK-Kubrick-Human-After-All-2pcs-figure-with-CD-/380716889458?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a47eb572 ...... those 2 are pretty iconic & actually quite stunning but who's going to afford that ?

Edited by buttheadsmate