UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

Next specialty set is all characters we've made before. Still, very popular.

Can you say whether its NOW updates to characters, or classic looks?
Neither.
Hmm...maybe this is related to the recent C2E2 panel comment from Zach that "Marvel Zombies" were no longer off-limits? That would definitely qualify!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right yb. My boys were playing with the MZ Minimates last week and it made me think about how there really needs to be more of these. Thor and the FF seemed like obvious omissions, but I wouldn't mind redos of some of the ones already released. Plus, we could use Thanos and Dark Phoenix too (as suggested by Minimate Uber-Fan Kid at the panel).

You know who really could use an update? Those Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era X-Men. Cyclops desperately needs an update from that period. I think we could use a Nightcrawler more in the style he was portrayed at the time (less like a teddy bear than this: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1114&n=Nightcrawler ). Then, Colossus and Storm updates. Both have had recent general updates that come with parts that can be used to re-up those old costumes. Then, you top this off with TRU exclusive packs: Banshee/Sunfire, Wolverine/Phoenix, Prof X. (new old school wheelchair)/Lilandra, and, say, Moira McTaggert/Proteus (this last one is pushing it, I know laugh.png ).

This right here. Perfection.

I can also think of four other previously released characters that I would love to see in costumes aside from classic and modern: Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane, and Quicksilver.

I hope you're right yb. My boys were playing with the MZ Minimates last week and it made me think about how there really needs to be more of these. Thor and the FF seemed like obvious omissions, but I wouldn't mind redos of some of the ones already released. Plus, we could use Thanos and Dark Phoenix too (as suggested by Minimate Uber-Fan Kid at the panel).

Yeah, and with all the new tooling from the Walking Dead line, it should be easy to make some cool new zombies!

Neither.
Hmm...maybe this is related to the recent C2E2 panel comment from Zach that "Marvel Zombies" were no longer off-limits? That would definitely qualify!

WHAT!!??!! I don't remember that being reported on the boards.

SPLOOSH!

I would kill for new & retooled Marvel Zombies! Zach's comment about characters that have been done before that no one here would object to? This 100% fits the bill! :=)

Nude Avengers

new-avengers-005-spider-woman_zpsda806f5

That would certainly save on tooling.

Maybe.

So, is this the set Zach said to wait for pics of the front package? ;)

If it's Marvel Zombies 2.0 then my guess is that the only new character would be Deadpool. He'll be packaged with another Zombie Wolvie, Zombie Spidey, and Zombie Iron Man. . .reckon I should use my new insider information to sell my old zombies off for huge profit!

Quark_begs,_The_Nagus.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

If it's Marvel Zombies 2.0 then my guess is that the only new character would be Deadpool. He'll be packaged with another Zombie Wolvie, Zombie Spidey, and Zombie Iron Man. . .reckon I should use my new insider information to sell my old zombies off for huge profit!

Opportunity plus instinct equals profit!

Yes, we stole your idea, Mattalica. thumbsup.gif

Thunderbolts set is not SDCC, it's going to be at comic shops as far as I know.

Zach,

I have this weird feeling that I remember the control art saying SDCC on it. Hmmm

Anyway, after finally making it through this thread: WOW! I cannot wait to order these exclusives from my favorite online Minimate dealer; I sure hope he will be carrying SDCC exclusives again! Luke? :D

I love all these! The B&W sets are perfect. Having Jay and Silent Bob standing around in the background of a UM display will be hilarious!

The Walking Dead set is a must have multiples of (MHMO) set for sure.

Wolvie is what he is, I need at least two. :)

I cannot wait to see pics of AFX's offering(s). At least one should be extencellent!

I can also think of four other previously released characters that I would love to see in costumes aside from classic and modern: Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane, and Quicksilver.

*Squee*

It's probably pretty unlikely, but i'd be freaking stoked for these.

At last...... I can dust them all off ..............

Huh. I wonder what their allocation was? Had to be a couple hundred.

[looks hopefully over in Luke's direction]

Zach,

I have this weird feeling that I remember the control art saying SDCC on it. Hmmm

Anyway, after finally making it through this thread: WOW! I cannot wait to order these exclusives from my favorite online Minimate dealer; I sure hope he will be carrying SDCC exclusives again! Luke? biggrin.png

I love all these! The B&W sets are perfect. Having Jay and Silent Bob standing around in the background of a UM display will be hilarious!

Wolvie is what he is, I need at least two. smile.png

I cannot wait to see pics of AFX's offering(s). At least one should be extencellent!

Yes we will have them all. :)

Huh. I wonder what their allocation was? Had to be a couple hundred.

[looks hopefully over in Luke's direction]

>

Zach,

Anyway, after finally making it through this thread: WOW! I cannot wait to order these exclusives from my favorite online Minimate dealer; I sure hope he will be carrying SDCC exclusives again! Luke? biggrin.png

Wolvie is what he is, I need at least two. smile.png

Yes we will have them all. smile.png

Awesome! Weren't you also in talks for a Lukestoystore exclusive box set? Is it still happening?

*Squee*It's probably pretty unlikely, but i'd be freaking stoked for these.

OMG OMG OMG OMG lol

Neither.

Zach, I know this is unrelated to SDCC, but is TRU doing a Fan Poll boxset this year? I looked back, and both the Galactus (2011) and AvX (2012) sets were revealed and voted on in May.

Yes, and I need to see when they want to launch that. Are you sure about May? Voting was not closed as of SDCC last year.

1602 is neither new nor classic. Same with Earth X. Either could make a decent box set and would follow in the path of the AoA and AoX sets. Then again... AoU would fit the bill as well, and would make me positively non-plussed. Seriously hoping this isn't the direction that it goes, but ::shrug::

As for that fan poll? THAT has me intrigued. I'd say Brotherhood of Evil Mutants there. There's just enough possibilities to make it interesting