UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

Yes, we stole your idea, Mattalica. thumbsup.gif

Thunderbolts set is not SDCC, it's going to be at comic shops as far as I know.

And while obscure characters and teams make for great WTF? reveals, and SDCC technically cuts out the retailer from the sales equations, neither factor makes the set sell better. Not to say we'll never do a set like Alpha Flight again, but Wolverine Saga will do well and works for us timing-wise, and that opens up room for different sets at specialty. The next specialty set will be VERY popular here.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I must have missed something, there's a new set of Thunderbolts 'mates coming? Do we know who's in it yet?

I'm sure there is another reveal to come. Is the new Thunderbolts set an SDCC set? We'll have Wolverine Saga, Thunderbolts & one other from Marvel? That seems like a pretty good amount of Marvel stuff for one con.

What new Thunderbolts set?

Elektra, Punisher, Transforming Red Hulk, and Deadpool

Thunderbolts-01-Cover-rev1.jpg

I want a new Beast! or the Valkyrie that's been out, no idea who the rest are :/ not including Namor, Strange, Surfer, or Hulk of course.

Is the chick in the yellow Hellcat?

Next specialty set is all characters we've made before. Still, very popular.

Spider-Man's Fearfull Foes? Wolverine and the X-Men? All New X-Men? I personally hope for more spider-man villains but since the new movie will feature the vulture, goblin, rhino and electro in order to set up the sinister six for the threequel (toomes was confirmed today and norman a few days ago) i guess we'll see more spidey characters then. Also, isn't tru 17 half spidey themed? So, my guesses are that it's either an x-men box set (but with the new movie coming out next year i bet we'll get more x characters next year) or an avengers box set with some wanted redos (cage,panther,etc).

Next specialty set is all characters we've made before. Still, very popular.

Can you say whether its NOW updates to characters, or classic looks?

Neither.

Zach, I know this is unrelated to SDCC, but is TRU doing a Fan Poll boxset this year? I looked back, and both the Galactus (2011) and AvX (2012) sets were revealed and voted on in May.

Yes, and I need to see when they want to launch that. Are you sure about May? Voting was not closed as of SDCC last year.

Zach, I know this is unrelated to SDCC, but is TRU doing a Fan Poll boxset this year? I looked back, and both the Galactus (2011) and AvX (2012) sets were revealed and voted on in May.

Yes, and I need to see when they want to launch that. Are you sure about May? Voting was not closed as of SDCC last year.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation! thumbsup.gif

Yeah, the prototypes of the four winning 'mates for the TRU Fan Poll AVX boxset were revealed at SDCC last year:

post-2092-0-25879300-1370866442_thumb.jp

EDIT: I just remembered, even though those four prototypes were shown, they weren't labeled as the official winners of the poll at that point. But still, SDCC is next month, if there is a chance we'll see any prototypes from this year's TRU Fan Choice boxset, that window is closing quickly.

Edited by youbastards

You know who really could use an update? Those Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne era X-Men. Cyclops desperately needs an update from that period. I think we could use a Nightcrawler more in the style he was portrayed at the time (less like a teddy bear than this: http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1114&n=Nightcrawler ). Then, Colossus and Storm updates. Both have had recent general updates that come with parts that can be used to re-up those old costumes. Then, you top this off with TRU exclusive packs: Banshee/Sunfire, Wolverine/Phoenix, Prof X. (new old school wheelchair)/Lilandra, and, say, Moira McTaggert/Proteus (this last one is pushing it, I know laugh.png ).

Edited by karamazov80