UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

wow that is veeery disappointing. hope is the only one I remotely care about.

so bananas and 80s was that a ruse???

AFX still has their reveal yet...the 80's property will be from there

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avengers vs X-men set looks great especially the collosusnaught, really hope we get a complimentary set of Avengers. Rick looks like he stepped right out of the comic, DST nailed the likeness. But the "sewer-splashed" spidey and lizard pack is about as a lame of an exclusive as I've ever seen, it's sets like this that make me wish I wasn't an obsessive compulsive completest. Fortunately for my wallet, it looks like the Battle Beast are straying a little too far from what I like most about minimates and I'll be able to pass on the series.

These are some good looking sets, especially the Walking Dead one. I think a "con-goer" zombie would have been perfect, though.

Not really keen on the AvX set. I like the updated Cyclops, but I'm not sure on the Colossus, and neither Hope nor Emma really do anything for me.

Spider-Man is the least interesting, for sure. Why do I want a lizard with a little bit of dirt on his chest and a different expression? Oh well. It looks okay.

I like the look of the Battle Beasts set, Vorin looks nice and I'm sure the dragonfly can be used for something.

I'll for sure be picking these guys up at the convention, though, and I'm even considering the Spidey bust they're offering alongside the Minimates, and the Battle Beasts comic.

Edited by Smashmaster12

Walking Dead - Will Rick come with his hand so people can re-create cutting it off?

Are... are you actually going to do this?

Aren't you??

Seriously though, how many buyers who aren't reading the comic going to complain that he's missing a piece? From a logistical point of view, I can see it being packaged nearby to minimize the complaints from the uninformed.

So no Avengers in the AvX boxset? Guessing there is a complimentary boxset somewhere else featuring only Avengers characters?

I haven't read AvX, but are there any Avengers characters that have new looks that we haven't already gotten in the last few Avengers themed minimates? If not, I'd rather have complimentary X-characters in the new looks.

From what I remember from AVX#0 Iron Man, Iron Fist an Dr Strange all have looks not been used as minimates before, there could be more.

AvX (XvA?) set is pretty awesome. All 4 figures looks great.

The BattleBeast set is pretty cool too, the Dragonfly is terrible (his face is a jumbled mess, and personally I would have used Nightcrawler’s hands/feet for a more buggy look... or just re-re-re-released the Gator to sort of end that era of the line) but Vorin’s awesome so it’ll be nice to have a chance at him for a reasonable price.

don’t care for Spider-man set (don’t we already have a BD Spider-man?) or Walkind Dead set (I guess this Rick could pal around with Andrea since she’s the only other post-book 3 character we’re getting so far while they wait for Bald Glenn and (spoiler) Dale to show up)

None of these really blow me away personally. I'm kinda interested in the Battle Beasts and zombies, but probably not enough to buy them. The others are passes for me. They look great for what they are, just not characters/properties I'm particularly interested in at the moment. Hoping that 80s license, whatever it is, is more up my alley.

The AvX set is GOLD son! Updated modern Cyke and Emma are great, happy to have Hope, and Colossonaut is a nice touch to round it all out. Can't wait to see the extra parts...

(fingers crossed for a swaddled up baby Hope to put on our existing Cable figures)

I'm in for the AvX and WD mates for sure.

Cyke looks good and was in need of his "modern" look. don't care for the whole Colossurnaut thing, but the mate looks nice. i really like Emma's cape and Hope is obviously the big draw for the set. Def need a new Cable and Bishop 2 pack now :whistling:

IDK, but I'm actually hoping the "80s property involving Bananas" ends up being the Beverly Hills Cop set we never got. Just sayin'....don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe

IDK, but I'm actually hoping the "80s property involving Bananas" ends up being the Beverly Hills Cop set we never got. Just sayin'....don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Except that I think Zach said the bananas thing wasn't a clue. The control art and, I believe, prototypes were already made for that set, though. Seems a better fit for a 2-pack for me. Hard to make 4 characters from that movie work as figures folks would want to buy and own.

Edited by karamazov80

Emma Frost looks great.

Did you debate whether Showing Walking Dead like that is too much of a SPOILER?

I know a lot of people that still only know the show and seeing this minimate could upset them a bit.

Battle Beasts look very nice. I'd like to see possibilities for vehicles and playsets.