UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those bulky hands on Iron Fist don't look right. It would be much better if he had normal hands with the cloth wrappings painted on, like the Rocky mates, rather than sculpted.

BS

I thought the look works really well with Wildcat, and don't get the use of sculpted pieces there, either. If you are reading this, DST, it isn't too late!

--edit: as I give it more thought, there might be a method to their madness here. I'm sure he will have a glowing fist of some kind, and maybe these bulky fists are used to facilitate that somehow.--

Edited by karamazov80

typically i like everything that comes out im realy not to picky but this wave is kinda bland and off

ninjas with no bows

daredevil smiling

Elektra isnt to much better

iron fists hands dont do it for me

ok done complaining becouse in the end ill get them all!!

Yeah, I don't know if these prototypes are underwhelming, or if it's just that the source material isn't that great, but these are uninspiring. I'm glad to have the updated Iron Fist, and the new Elektra means I can throw the old one in the fodder box, but otherwise... ho-hum. I dunno why, but changing Daredevil's costume from red to black seems to take all the life out of it. And then there's the two essentially all white figures, and the all-red Hand Ninja, which are very dull. I'm sure they'll look better in person, though. They (almost) always do.

They could have saved it for the inevitable Spider-themed wave coming down the line and dumped another Shadowland character in his place here.

Cage would've been nice. Well, I wasn't expecting much from this wave, but I still managed to be underwhelmed. Will skip these entirely, and hopefully pick up Iron Fist from ebay.

Oh, and it does certainly look like Iron Fist does have hair sticking out the bottom of his mask.

I'll treasure my Classic White Tiger...... a variant that we've all clamoured for & who featured prominently (?) in about a dozen or so comics. He's a white blank with gloves & a bit of paint much like the White Tigress who sports a belt & somebody's hair. The trainees at the factory ought to get those two right ! Daredevil is another pretty simple figure but gets some nifty bangles & those intricate accessories he had back in Wave 1 ....aren't they amazing ? Elektra is however stunning & completely unrecognisable from the original :rolleyes: Spider-Man.....he just rocks , we all wanted this one didn't we ? Which one is it BTW? The Hand Soldier might possibly save this Wave from becoming just 'dire' because if Iron Fist is going to end up like the one in the picture then there is little hope of anything saving this set.

I wonder why TRU passed on these characters.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Good to see that DST are still refering to these as 2.5" in their press releases!

Wow these are very underwhelming, I've been loosing interest in minimates lately and I think this is going to be the first numbered wave I'm going to skip.

T.

I actually dont mind this wave it may not be absolute killer wave like wave 28 but for me its stronger then say wave 33.

I will await better photo's then the one shown for final decisions on figures like Spidey and Elektra but I'm glad to bursting on Classic White Tiger as the variant. Its a figure it seems ppl love or hate and with it being the variant if you don't like it you can pass without the fear of it being an mainstream/famous character and if you dont get it you could have a big hole somewhere along the line.

Also if this wave hits when this Spidey costume is inprint it could be a much bigger hit as I think this is the first figure in this style in any format.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Seriously. I hate you DST. I hate you. You reissue a perfectly good wave 1 character, and now she looks like crap, and then you reissue an EXCLUSIVE, who also looks like crap? Keep this up guys and you're going to lose me. The marvel universe is HUGE. Stop giving us retreads of old stuff, especially when it's better than the stuff you're giving us now!

The Iron Fist that was an exclusive was the '70s version, this is his modern costume... not that they've followed the 'no reissue' rule in ages.

Edited by battlecat

Good to see that DST are still refering to these as 2.5" in their press releases!

Wow these are very underwhelming, I've been loosing interest in minimates lately and I think this is going to be the first numbered wave I'm going to skip.

T.

I can understand your feelings entirely Tim , I have had similar doubts about my love affair. I've assumed that I am going through a phase & the fact that we've been awash with 'X' characters lately which I accept aren't too familiar with me . There are undoubtedly some great figures coming through but IMHO so are a lot of munters.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Seriously. I hate you DST. I hate you. You reissue a perfectly good wave 1 character, and now she looks like crap, and then you reissue an EXCLUSIVE, who also looks like crap? Keep this up guys and you're going to lose me. The marvel universe is HUGE. Stop giving us retreads of old stuff, especially when it's better than the stuff you're giving us now!

The Iron Fist that was an exclusive was the '70s version, this is his modern costume... not that they've followed the 'no reissue' rule in ages.

While I don't approve of your rage in the first place about it, this is a new costume for Iron fist and therefore fair game regardless. Some people (myself included) prefer it to his old one, even if it isn't THAT different.

While I don't approve of your rage in the first place about it, this is a new costume for Iron fist and therefore fair game regardless. Some people (myself included) prefer it to his old one, even if it isn't THAT different.

From all the "nay saying" going on here about this wave, I sure hope this doesn't turn into another Ghost Rider movie wave. What with all the negativity so far, I hope it doesn't affect comic shops / e-tailers pre-orders. DST has pulled the plug before due to lack of consumer interset.

From all the "nay saying" going on here about this wave, I sure hope this doesn't turn into another Ghost Rider movie wave. What with all the negativity so far, I hope it doesn't affect comic shops / e-tailers pre-orders. DST has pulled the plug before due to lack of consumer interset.

It won't effect their orders any more then releasing the same sets of figures to TRU has, causing much less of a sell-through within stores and forcing some (like my LCBS) to not order Minimate waves any more. Seriously, I'd be stunned if there's even one retailer that looks at this board and bases orders on our ramblings... well, besides Luke. :D

Would the new Spider-man costume be the fastest we've ever seen a minimate released from the first appearance of its source material? It seems to me the first image of the costume was released at SDCC.

I'd also rather see the wraps on Iron Fist done with paint. Maybe they'll put flesh tone under that so you have the option of displaying without? I also wonder if they might give us a reversible head for White Tiger so we're not stuck with just "evil" eyes.

Nice to see the Hand Ninja is a more "classic" design.

Other than Iron Fist's hands (which can be replaced with some extra Rocky hands) I think this wave is great and will gladly buy 4-6 Hand Ninjas.

Yea I'd rather have an updated Luke Cage over Spidey-Tron but at least it's an interesting variant.

Yea I'd rather have an updated Luke Cage over Spidey-Tron but at least it's an interesting variant.

Maybe Luke Cage will be in a TRU pack around the waves release next year. Heck, will anyone remember Shadowland when this is out? I haven't read it and but it sounds like an underwhelming story.

I am SOOOOOOOO happy that they used "Big Time" Spider-man; i was worried we'd get another retread. i LOVE that costume design (green and black are my fav colors) and am so happy to get it.

The wave looks FANTASTIC; i didn't read Shadowland, but i know i want all of those, and multiple Hand Ninjas. This is just too great.

Excellent wave to start the year with :thumbsup:

But never on a comic-based wave, right? To me, this series has far more sales potential than wave 23 did. Kind of bums me out to see BHM so genuinely negative, though :(

I have tried without too much success lately to keep positive about what is being released. My usual disclaimer is that I must be absolutely nowhere on DST's radar for a typical Minimate fan but I can read their strategy like a bloody old book & it is beginning to irritate me. Like many of us here ......I'll buy Iron Man Minimates until they fucking rust,I'd buy a 'What If Aunt May had been Spider-Man' Minimate , any amount of Wolverines or Captain Americas & I'll accept that sometimes variants aren't variants & that nobody in the real world is guaranteed a coloured head that matches his body,I'll buy any damned Minimate...... including the shite ....but I will not come onto this forum & say "hoo-f*cking-rah what an amazing wave" when it so obviously isn't.

My view ,based on nothing but instinct,is that we'll have another classic red Daredevil very soon anyway from TRU but this wave should have had it .........absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

But never on a comic-based wave, right? To me, this series has far more sales potential than wave 23 did. Kind of bums me out to see BHM so genuinely negative, though :(

I have tried without too much success lately to keep positive about what is being released. My usual disclaimer is that I must be absolutely nowhere on DST's radar for a typical Minimate fan but I can read their strategy like a bloody old book & it is beginning to irritate me. Like many of us here ......I'll buy Iron Man Minimates until they fucking rust,I'd buy a 'What If Aunt May had been Spider-Man' Minimate , any amount of Wolverines or Captain Americas & I'll accept that sometimes variants aren't variants & that nobody in the real world is guaranteed a coloured head that matches his body,I'll buy any damned Minimate...... including the shite ....but I will not come onto this forum & say "hoo-f*cking-rah what an amazing wave" when it so obviously isn't.

My view ,based on nothing but instinct,is that we'll have another classic red Daredevil very soon anyway from TRU but this wave should have had it .........absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

yeah, if this wave had a new red Daredevil I'd have said, ah... this wave is a vehicle to carry the new red Daredevil mate, which I've very happy to buy. As it turned out, this wave is at very very best filler, with absolutely nothing carrying it to justify purchase.

obviously that's my opinion completely, as always I'm very happy for those waiting on generic looking ninja or plain white blanks, etc.