UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the story behind Spidey's Tron costume? Does he wear it in the comics, or is it just based on the cover? Does it do anything special?

The costume in Wave 38 is going to appear in the Big Time storyline that has just started in one of the Spidey comics. The Tron costume looks similar but is just it seems a cross promotion thing for the upcoming movie and not appearing in comics from what I've read online.

So what's the story behind Spidey's Tron costume? Does he wear it in the comics, or is it just based on the cover? Does it do anything special?

Yeah when I said Spider-Tron I was being basically silly. It's Big Time Spidey and not Spider-Tron and I shouldn't have said Spider-Tron. He just looks like he brlongs in Tron.

Yeah when I said Spider-Tron I was being basically silly. It's Big Time Spidey and not Spider-Tron and I shouldn't have said Spider-Tron. He just looks like he brlongs in Tron.

Yeah he does lol. I thought DST was starting do to the Tron cover costumes.

Might we not see Thor movie mates in the regular comic-shop series? TRU only, perhaps?

Might not be so bad . . . . i think we got a bit over-saturated with IM2 Minimates. A single TRU wave and a BoxSet of some kind would probably be enough to cover the core characters.

• 4 weeks later...
Spiderman 650 is out where he starts wearing the costume in this wave. Maybe the comic will make a few more fans for this minimate.

I don't follow Spidey much, but every image i see is of him in a red & black suit . . . where did the green come from?

Spiderman 650 is out where he starts wearing the costume in this wave. Maybe the comic will make a few more fans for this minimate.

I don't follow Spidey much, but every image i see is of him in a red & black suit . . . where did the green come from?

The cover shows black and orange/red and in the comic its black and green . I did read in a few preview interviews in this storyline he will swap costumes more then once. so maybe the orange/red one later.

I think the color might reflect the properties of the suit, for example... Green = Stealth.

So maybe other colors will do different things or perhaps it is orange/red when not activated, the green when stealth mode is activated?

It'd be good to see the Spidey/Iron Fist in the TRU wave sporting the different color.

And if anyone doesn't know, currently Spidey has a job in a big think tank as an inventor, which gives him access to what he needs to create these new suits.

After all, Peter Parker is one of the smartest men in Marvel, it's just not been utilised in stories much.

New box set... Peter Parker, 3 x "Big Time" costume variants! :yes:

I agree different colours for different effects. I can see this Bigtime storyline heading a sorta way of the Gauntlet and a Sinister Six thing.

Spidey activates a new suit effect per villain and so s a different colour it leads upto a group showdown and Spidey boncing around fighting the lot changing colours like the Las Vegas strip.

I agree different colours for different effects. I can see this Bigtime storyline heading a sorta way of the Gauntlet and a Sinister Six thing.

Spidey activates a new suit effect per villain and so s a different colour it leads upto a group showdown and Spidey boncing around fighting the lot changing colours like the Las Vegas strip.

That... would actually kick ass and make perfect sense. I mean really, what better way to validate this change?

• 1 month later...

The bow might probably just be a reuse of wave 20 Hawkeye's, but it's still a welcome addition. And somehow it slipped my mind that Classic White Tiger was the variant.

I haven't been following the story, what's up with the electrical webline that Spidey comes with?

Just throwing out a guess here, but maybe it involves the new power suit "makeover" he got? So far all I know is that somehow the suit also changes color, implying that it does other neat non-Spidey stuff.

Black Daredevil and Electra look good too, but the two different skin tones on Electra bother me already.

is it an actual difference in the skin tone? I might think so too if not for that small sliver at the bottom of her face, which happens to coincide with the shadow on the rest of the packaging. I'm just guessing, but it makes me think that her face is darker because of the shadow, not because the mate itself is colored differently...

The bow might probably just be a reuse of wave 20 Hawkeye's, but it's still a welcome addition. And somehow it slipped my mind that Classic White Tiger was the variant.

I haven't been following the story, what's up with the electrical webline that Spidey comes with?

Just throwing out a guess here, but maybe it involves the new power suit "makeover" he got? So far all I know is that somehow the suit also changes color, implying that it does other neat non-Spidey stuff.

I was under the impression that this Spidey isn't even from Shadowland.

Packaged pics are up.

Ironfist and the Hand Ninja look great. Black Daredevil and Electra look good too, but the two different skin tones on Electra bother me already.

It's a shame her strap doesn't go over her shoulder either . . . Still - her face looks a lot better on the finished product. She looks a bit less like Mega-mind now (less forehead)

I can't wait! I think I'm the only one here that loves this wave! :P

Yeah - i wasn't keen on the line-up at first, but i am really liking these figures now!

Not sure what the new webline is about - but it looks kinda cool. I'm happy to be getting something a bit different.

that spider suit can render him invisible & soundproof. one is green and the other is red (i think red is sound). when he is invisible he could only be seen by special goggles that he gave the black cat. The sound proof thing is odd, no noise can come in or out. He did that because of some noise thing the bad guy used to make people sick.

It was not in SHadowland at all, that series featured bread and butter Spidey.

Side note: I hope we get a figure of the new Power Man.

that spider suit can render him invisible & soundproof. one is green and the other is red (i think red is sound). when he is invisible he could only be seen by special goggles that he gave the black cat. The sound proof thing is odd, no noise can come in or out. He did that because of some noise thing the bad guy used to make people sick.

It was not in SHadowland at all, that series featured bread and butter Spidey.

Side note: I hope we get a figure of the new Power Man.

the sound suit is to cancel out hobgoblins sonic screech which can be fatal(it basically was to kingsley) and the stealth suit was made so that he could take a stolen metal from kingpins lair