UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 38 "Shadowland" series

elhonez

Or better yet, SQUADRON SUPREME WAVE WITH VARIANT NIGHTHAWK.

The only problem would be the army builder... who would work for that role?

Otherwise, I would gladly be on board with:

Hyperion/Power Princess

Black Arrow/Lady Lark

Nighthawk/Dr Spectrum

Variant Nighthawk (Defenders)/Nuke

... though I feel bad about leaving out the Whizzer... <_<

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Elektra is still in the wave. She's not mentioned in the Preview's write up.

Yea it's odd they only mention 6 figures. Ya think they'd realize....then again, "2.5 inch." :rolleyes:

Elektra is the seller of the whole wave for me; i picked up her Dark Reign mini and just fell in love with her newer "silent killer" persona, and would love to get an updated version.

Hopefully Elektra is still in the wave. She's not mentioned in the Preview's write up.

Yea it's odd they only mention 6 figures.

This wave would be much more appealing if Luke Cage and Elektra were added to the mix! (Fingers crossed!)

Edited by Binaryan

so these are pics i found of the characters in SHADOWLAND i havent read it myself so im not sure if there are different versions of spidey and iron fist but i couldnt find any which makes me wonder why we need new mates of them

Daredevil in his Shadowland costume

White Tiger

Hand Soldier

Classic White Tiger

Spider-Man

Iron Fist

post-189-1289443484_thumb.jpg

post-189-1289443504_thumb.jpg

post-189-1289443598_thumb.jpg

post-189-1289443762_thumb.jpg

post-189-1289443567_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

Or better yet, SQUADRON SUPREME WAVE WITH VARIANT NIGHTHAWK.

The only problem would be the army builder... who would work for that role?

Otherwise, I would gladly be on board with:

Hyperion/Power Princess

Black Arrow/Lady Lark

Nighthawk/Dr Spectrum

Variant Nighthawk (Defenders)/Nuke

... though I feel bad about leaving out the Whizzer... <_<

You absolutely, positively cannot make the Squadron Supreme without the Whizzer. Really, Golden Archer/ Black Archer should be the variant. I'd be satisfied with a box set of Hyperion, Nighthawk, Whizzer, and Power Princess, but only because I made a pretty cool Spectrum custom. Yeah, I'm a Squadron Supreme fan. My #1 most wanted box set.

As for this wave... well, I'm happy for the new Iron Fist and Elektra. White Tiger's fine, though I suspect that the classic one will be a customizer's dream, so I wish they'd switch the regular and variant, but we all know how that went last time around. Daredevil in a black costume is strictly fodder.

BTW, I second buttheadsmate's love for the Target Daredevil. He's especially nice if you put the arms and legs from the original Daredevil (with the arm & leg detail) on the figure. Daredevil's one guy in no need of an update.

I've been reading Shadowland and Spidey has just been wearing his traditional costume nothing special, fancy or different for the crossover.

Man I hope Elektra, Paladin or Misty Knight are announced as the final 2 pack of this wave or show up in TRU wave 10.

Unless Iron Fist comes with parts for classic and modern, meh. The only one's to get excited about (for me) are the Hand Ninja and Classic White Tiger.

Too bad about no red Daredevil as well. Would've been better than another damned Spider-Man... as lots of people have said and will continue to say.

so these are pics i found of the characters in SHADOWLAND i havent read it myself so im not sure if there are different versions of spidey and iron fist but i couldnt find any which makes me wonder why we need new mates of them

White Tiger

Hand Soldier

Classic White Tiger

Spider-Man

Iron Fist

The new characters are always welcome, and I don't mind reissues of Iron Fist or Elektra (though if she came in her white costume that would quickly jump a few points up in my book).

But looking back on this lineup now, I wonder which version of the Hand Soldiers they'll go with for the wave. The Shadowland versions look okay, but I'd personally prefer seeing the more "classic" version, you know?

Also, that Minimate Previews headline is just spiffy. Can't help but imagine the inevitable stream of disgruntled collectors protesting that "longest running collectible line" blurb though :P

The new characters are always welcome, and I don't mind reissues of Iron Fist or Elektra (though if she came in her white costume that would quickly jump a few points up in my book).

I agree that a White Elektra would be cool. I'd much rather see that as the variant than classic White Tiger. Or course, I never understood White Elektra wasn't the variant in wave 1 anyway.

THIS. If you're going to give us old character who are still perfect, change their costumes. That and I've wanted a white Elektra forever.

Or a Jennifer Garner. :P

White Tiger

Hand Soldier

Classic White Tiger

Spider-Man

Iron Fist

But looking back on this lineup now, I wonder which version of the Hand Soldiers they'll go with for the wave. The Shadowland versions look okay, but I'd personally prefer seeing the more "classic" version, you know?

Also, that Minimate Previews headline is just spiffy. Can't help but imagine the inevitable stream of disgruntled collectors protesting that "longest running collectible line" blurb though :P

Where have you been ? I've missed you! ;)

Well it looks like there is an Elektra but which one i wonder lol im glad there coming out with a new series i thought that the waves were over but it looks like there coming back im happy there making iron fist and elektra because i never got the old ones and HAND NINJA I MUST HAVE LIKE 10 SETS OF THESE!!!

LOL

I agree that a White Elektra would be cool. I'd much rather see that as the variant than classic White Tiger. Or course, I never understood White Elektra wasn't the variant in wave 1 anyway.

THIS. If you're going to give us old character who are still perfect, change their costumes. That and I've wanted a white Elektra forever.

I will say that 616 visibility and the possibility of a white variant aside, Elektra does seem a tad premature if only due to her wave 1 version(s) still being relatively affordable/accessible to newbies. However I stand by Iron Fist being a necessary redo due to both his costume update and the first 'mate of him being a ToyFare exclusive.

Where have you been ? I've missed you! ;)

Awww.

(Short version is that lately my minimate collecting been waylaid by a couple factors, including my inadvertent stumbling into a new pastime. Here's a hint.)

Anything Wave 13 or less

Plus Hawkeye, IMO. He warrants an update from the massive chest block and ill-fitting mask that he received previously.

Man, I don't know why everyone's always hatin' on ol' powerhouse Hawkeye. I like the look of the sculpted parts as opposed to DA Hawkeye. But I'd take another Hawkeye, because he's Hawkeye.

I'd agree with the wave 13 cutoff. I have no problem buying a new version of a character if it's a significant improvement. Elektra in particular looks pretty poor these days, and I'd put her right behind Juggernaut as the character most in need of a redo.

Anything Wave 13 or less, I feel like it's fair game for a redo just to bring it up to the current level of detail... And with so many releases these days, we're still getting plenty of new characters/costumes alongside the remakes.

So redos of the Ultimate X-Men and New X-Men should happen by that logic? Astonishing X-Men being more recent would make sense, but I'd be iffy with the other two myself ever seeing redos (and frankly no hard feelings there)...

Otherwise, with Elektra coming in wave 38, other characters that would be updates that haven't been or will be getting one would be...

Absorbing Man

Daredevil (red costume/yellow costume)

Kingpin

Gwen Stacy

Peter Parker

Mary Jane

Bruce Banner

Leader

Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)

Chameleon

Rhino (Yes, Please!)

Spider-Man 2099

J. Jonah Jameson

Lady Deathstrike

Blade

Punisher

Emma Frost (Hellfire Club)

Silver Sable

Sandman

Ben Reilly Spidey

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Spider-Carnage

Mystique

Firestar

Nick Fury

Ronin

Luke Cage

Dark Phoenix

Colossus

Thunderbird

...Dang that's a lot...if they were to totally redo anything from wave 13 on back...