• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!#$%$!#$&!%^#$@% !#$%!#$%!#$% !#$%#$ #$%#$ !#$^&*&$! %$#%$!$# !$@#$%$

!#$#$$^!$$^&!@!@$^^#$@

#$#$!#$$*^!$$@#$$##$%%^%%$#%^

#$#$#$%%&*@@^#$!$#^^%$%^%&@!$%%%%%%%$

Wow Someone is channeling Yosemite Sam today :D

T.

p.s. Disclaimer: The above comment is meant as a humorous comment and is in no way meant to be a slur or upset the person it references!

I guess I shouldn't be THAT worried... at the rate shipping usually goes Waves 27/28 would've taken us months to get it anyway <_<

Remember all the positive adages though: Patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait, chimichanga...

Kang it, I just want my Wave 28 :(

I'm always shocked by how outrageously optimistic DST's shipping estimates are.

It kind of makes me wonder, though: the TRU waves always seem to come out within a couple weeks of when they're expected; it's the LCS waves that always drag. Perhaps it's a weakness in the LCS sales model. Chuck has said on numerous occasions that sales through comic shops is pretty good, but never seems to blow the doors out.

TRU obviously places one big order, DST ships it to them and washes their hands of it. LCS orders, however, are placed one painstaking case at a time. DST has these shipping "estimates," but doesn't actually pull the trigger on production until a certain order quota is met.

I hope the LCS sales model for Minimates isn't on a slow decline, to be replaced by TRU sales exclusively...

I'd almost guess that it might be TRU is more of a priority and therefore gets the product taken care of first. And/or the added business TRU is adding is pushing production back a little due to the volume that needs to be produced now. Either way, I really think we're all just smurfed.

But, it'd be nice to see someone here who's got some pull with DST to find out if that's really the case with the shipping date.

But, it'd be nice to see someone here who's got some pull with DST to find out if that's really the case with the shipping date.

They are all getting ready and packing to go to WWChicago, I have some other stuff I'm talking to Matt about and will ask the question early next week when they are back.

T.

But... October... that's when 29 and 30 are supposed to be coming out too... sudden wallet shaking flashbacks of the Marvel Legends post drought explosion where 3 waves and 3 boxed sets were released within three months. (6, 7, and 8 released in the fall of 2004 if memory serves)

Of course the more likely scenario is that every wave will be pushed back and 31 / 32 will be a first of next year kinda thing. grumble, grumble grumble.

Well that smurfing sucks. I was really looking forward to Psylocke and Gambit...oh fine, and Deadpool. :rolleyes:

Sadly, what pisses me off more is having 27 pushed back; i want the Ultimates Wave so much more than 28, it isn't even funny. This sucks a lot; then again, it does give us a little more time to get a Minimates budget together.

Wait...didn't DST say that they were gonna try to make waves a week apart now?? So that 16 packs wouldn't be out the same day?? That still leaves a possibility for 29 and 30, i guess; a month of minimates...wow...nah, they'll probably be pushed till December.

Hopefully this isn't true, however DST/AA hasn't shown any packaged pics of these waves yet so I have bad feeling it is true.

If these are delayed again DST/AA really needs to improve their release date estimates and the frequency they update them. Their site still says these waves are due for release in a week. DST would have known this is not true awhile ago.

This is welcome news for me. Granted, I can't wait to get my hands on these, but my bank account needs some extra time to recuperate.

BS

I'm in that same boat. I have to admit that I am not at all surprised by the delay here. We've already seen delays this year, and it's probably due to the massive amounts of 'mates that have been/will be produced. 5 boxsets with 4 characters at 2000 each = 40,000 minimates produced for SDCC alone. Add to that the many and various TRU waves, and I can only imagine that production is over-peaked.

Peculiar that this wave would literally have "Wolverine" plastered all over it but...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! :D

BTW, looks like they're packaging the 'mates with the masks on now. And I'm thinking about picking up an extra Psylocke for an Echo custom...

Series 28 Wolverine… in stores!

:biggrin:

SDCC stuff shipping. 28 close behind.

Good news.

Looks like the eyes on Wolverine are a little higher up on his mask. Better looking than that tampo screw up version on the TRU release. BTW, do you think we'll get wave 28 before 27?

God I hope so. And since they showed us the wave 28 boxart first.

Hope these are out by the end of the month of September.