UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new pictures of 27 and 28!

maxcarnage

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Hulk and that soldier are coming together, so I can avoid that pack entirely.

Soldier will come with Cap, since he is the variant (so that you get 2 army builders per variant set). I would bet Hulk will either come with Thor or Iron Man (probably Thor).

Speaking of Hulk, there was some interest here in "Hulk hands" a while back. Are some of you happy with this?

I'm glad they gave it ago. I think it's awesome that AA/DST are trying to satisfy the fans a bit. These hands aren't quite right, but i'm pretty stoked that an effort was made.

Has any one noticed wolverine and gambit aren't wearing boots just normal feet with flaps over the ankle.Doode that sucks bigtime!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Actually - i think they look better. They capture the look of the characters boots without making the feet too bulky. My Giant sized X-men Wolverine & Colossus have trouble standing sometimes because their boots are too chunky. I think this is a pretty good blend of form & function . . .

Edited by Nessex

Has any one noticed wolverine and gambit aren't wearing boots just normal feet with flaps over the ankle.Doode that sucks bigtime!!!!!!!!!!

How exactly?? Would you prefer the hideous GSXM Wolvie boots that were crazily over-sived and bulky?? These are incredible and don't limit articulation except for the feet...slightly. You act like it's the end of the world that we've gotten an improvement. <_<

And i too like the new Hulk-hands (sound effects?? :P) Not only are they bulky, but they're longer ang much mnore proportioned. Another winner DST!! And I'm the minority here, because i love the crazed, psycho-face they gave Hulk; he's a "villain" in the Ulti-verse, and it suits him just fine. :)

How exactly?? Would you prefer the hideous GSXM Wolvie boots that were crazily over-sived and bulky?? These are incredible and don't limit articulation except for the feet...slightly. You act like it's the end of the world that we've gotten an improvement. <_<

And i too like the new Hulk-hands (sound effects?? :P) Not only are they bulky, but they're longer ang much mnore proportioned. Another winner DST!! And I'm the minority here, because i love the crazed, psycho-face they gave Hulk; he's a "villain" in the Ulti-verse, and it suits him just fine. :)

I think tha hulk looks fantastic...its definately a twist in the minimate production line but i think it looks great! I also like wat the did to the new capitan americas...adding that to my collection!!!! On other hands...IRON MAN LOOKS SO GOOD!!! deffinatly one of my favs of this wave...and ohhh ya forgot to mention...........DEADPOOL!!!!

has anyone else noticed the gap between Hulks chest base (not the power chest that slips over the main piece, but the underneath piece) and his waist... is it possible that with this, along with the big feet, DST has finally found away around the 2" rule?

Just to put my 2 pence worth in I like the Ult Hulk For me its a better figure then the Ult Ironman but not better then the Ult Thor and Cap Am's.

I have to agree the new Wolvie boots are good a better choice for that figure then the bigger boot styles but I do like the bigger boots on say a figure like Thor they seem to work better then a painted leg.

I totally agree, this new boot design is an awesome way to get the boot feel without getting too blocky like the older boots were....those ones were way to bulky

Jeff of the Miniacs

i guess your all right the new boots are pretty good but on some of the pictures theres a reasonable gap but ill live with it :happy:

Until reading that press release, I totally didn't pick up on 28 supposedly being a Wolverine wave... do Psylocke and Wolverine have some particular history/relationship, beyond just being in the X-Men at the same time?

I believe they have a shared history in Madripoor - but i haven't read the story myself. I think it's more a case of Psylocke being due for a MiniMate, but AA/DST wanting to make the most of the hype surrounding the upcomming 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' film.

Looking at the new pics I just had a flash of inspiration.

The shoulder pads on the wolverine minimate have to be used to make a custom of one the original British heroes. Now you may have to be over a certain age to remember this guy and being from the UK helps but those pads scream out to be used on Darth Vaders alter ego, thats right the Green Cross Code Man.

OK AA/DST forget Captain Britain make Green Cross Code Man instead! :)

Spooky! We were talking about him today ..Green Cross Man aka David Prowse aka Darth Vader aka 'the bodyguard guy' in Clockwork Orange lives locally to us & these days & publishes poetry in the local paper. GC Man actually appears (cameo) in some TV ad for the Electric Company at the moment.

post-638-1238699056_thumb.jpg

also finally a Saber tooth that does not suck

Finally *two* Saberteeth that don't suck! It's like we had to wait so long for one, they threw in another for free (well, for the (usually over)price of a variant pack)...

Thanks for the info Nessex, I'll have to look up that Madripoor stuff when I'm feeling less lazy :)... I agree though that this seems like more of a "Wolverine after the fact" wave...

does sabretooth have his elbow pointy things i cant seem to find them(if they are there)

From what i can tell, No - he wont have his Elbow blades (or whatever they were . . . it's a shame we never really saw him use them in a battle).

I think this would require a little too much retooling of the MiniMates fore-arm pieces to make this feasible for a one-off costume feature.

I still think he looks wicked-cool though B)