UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new pictures of 27 and 28!

maxcarnage

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw them, they look great, though due to my budget, I can only get gambit/psylocke, kinda dumb that they put "wolverine" on the packaging, I prefer "X-men"! or something like that, but still cool packaging!

Edited by SErge

Wow!! I really like the packaging. I don't really care much about the Wolverine logo, as long as it never happens again. It's an excuse to get us uber-cool red packaging, so i can deal with it.

And oh my God!! No one has noticed this or posted yet?! GAMBIT HAS TRANSLUCENT CARDS!!!! Thank God!! From the edge we can see, it looks great. :yes::thumbsup:

My work won't be getting these in for another two weeks, sadly, but I'm really excited to get this wave. Even if it features one of my least favourite characters, the rest of them are awesome!

Weird, I thought Thor and Iron Man were going to be packed together?

I wonder if they'll carry the Ultimates series at TRU?

In any case, this series looks sweet.

Shame we can't zoom in. I really wanted to take a look at them, since i want 27 more tan 28. :confused:

Right-click the image, then edit out the size attributes in the address bar. You should be able to see them in larger size. (Hopefully that didn't sound too mumbo-jumboish.)

EDIT: Whoops, left out an important step...

Right-click the image to VIEW it. At least this works on Firefox, not so sure about IE and whatnot.

Edited by NorthRaider

Weird, I thought Thor and Iron Man were going to be packed together?

I wonder if they'll carry the Ultimates series at TRU?

In any case, this series looks sweet.

Shame we can't zoom in. I really wanted to take a look at them, since i want 27 more tan 28. :confused:

Right-click the image, then edit out the size attributes in the address bar. You should be able to see them in larger size. (Hopefully that didn't sound too mumbo-jumboish.)

EDIT: Whoops, left out an important step...

Right-click the image to VIEW it. At least this works on Firefox, not so sure about IE and whatnot.

Here are the bigger pictures NR was talking about.

ulimates_mm_thor_fury.jpg

ulimates_mm_capt_shield.jpg

ulimates_mm_captww2_shield.jpg

ulimates_mm_ironman_hulk.jpg

Great Stuff. Those SHEILD Agents will make great cannon fodder. Hope some of these will make it to Toys R Us somehow. Wouldn't mind more agents. Add another Iron Man armor to the collection. Can't wait for these to come out. Hulk still bugs me though. His head just looks weird.

Those Caps are pretty nice, but I don't actually care for the others based on those pics. Hopefully I will change my mind when I get them "in hand." I guess it would be cool having the "Desert Warfare" army guy. With him and the TRU T-800, someone could have a nice little army of military and police figures.

Well as resident Ultimateipedia, I guess I should give my impressions on the whole damn wave.

Iron Man: Beautiful Absolutely beautiful. This is my favorite Iron Man armor ever. Ev-Er. So I already love this mini.

Hulk: Looks suitably pissed though I agree the head looks funny. Like him all the same, though not my fave.

WWII Cap: You guys already know. I'm in love with this mini. Best of the wave from what I can see.

SHIELD guy: Wooish. Never been generic mini fan. So it's meh. But good for a generic mini.

Cap: Resolve the mask and he'll be awesome. That's all that's needed.

Thor: AWESOME!!! From what I can see of Mjolnir, I love it! Definate want.

Nick Fury: Awesome the sequel. Totally captured the look of Fury. The old fury will most definatley be a parts bin victim now.

So the best 2 pack of the wave is Fury/Thor. The best mini is the variant WWII Cap.

And this wave is amazing. So amazing.

I guess i'll say what I think of what i've seen.

Thor: Looks great, I'll make sure to get it.

Fury: I never liked the ultimate fury, outfit looks ok from what I can see.

Cap: Ok, this mate looks really dumb.

S.H.E.I.L.D. agent: Nice army building minimate, I'm sure customizers will have fun.

WW2 cap: Looks much better, but it's still not the best.

Iron man: I never liked the origin of Ultimate Iron man, but the mate looks Amazing! I hope it has an alternate haipiece.

Hulk: Not bad, but not good.

From what I've seen, Thor and Iron man are the ones that I'll make sure to get.

Edited by Smashmaster12

Wow! Both waves look amazing!!! DEADPOOL FINALLY!!!!

I'm especially excited for the Ultimates Wave, its been on my want list since the early days of the line and I'm glad its being made now since DST and Art Asylum have really steped up to the plate with new parts and sculpting with this last few waves. I can't wait for Ultimate Thor and Iron Man, although I'm slightly worried that all the extra bits on Iron Man might hinder articulation (although the armor is supposed to be big and bulky). Ultimate Fury and Cap look perfect.

Ultimate Hulk's hair being wonky is definately intentional. In the Ultimate universe whenever Bruce Banner changes into the Hulk, his hair retains its size so it looks tiny on the Hulks head. It looks wierd, but its more realistic and I kinda like it since makes the character look more unique, rather than just looking like a color swap of 616 Hulk. While I'm happy they've done this detail on the minimate, I'm worried the hair will fall out very easily.