UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new pictures of 27 and 28!

maxcarnage

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they didn't show Thor's alternate head, oh well.

What alternate head?? If you are refering to the NYTF pics, then sadly you're mistaken. That was Steve Rogers...;)

Or are you joking again...i can't tell... :blush:

And Blizzerd, i take it you missed the post about the DST post/update for the line-up:

Wave 27

Ultimate Iron Man & Hulk

Ultimate Thor & Nick Fury

Ultimate Captain America

SHIELD Agent & Ultimate World War II Captain America

Wave 28

Wolverine & Deadpool

Gambit & Psylocke

Sabretooth & Skrull Soldier

Skrull Soldier & First Appearance Sabretooth

Already commented on them in the Toyfair thread; still love them.

To be fair I think this is the first time the Ultimates lineup has actually been confirmed (Trekker 42 correctly predicted what the lineup would be in the Toyfair thread)

And I LOVE Psylocke's katana! Sooooooooo perfect. And it's cool they managed to modify Deadpool's arsenal slightly as well.

Still not sure about Ulti-Hulk though.

Speaking of Hulk, there was some interest here in "Hulk hands" a while back. Are some of you happy with this?

Not really. It's funny, because I really like them on the Thing, but on the Hulk they just look terrible. He's going to win worst figure of the year, I can already sense it. I dunno what's been going on with the Hulks recently, but this is several in a row now that are just not very good, with the last successful Hulk being (IMHO) the Defenders box Hulk. I understand that AA is trying hard to work around the size restrictions and give him some mass, but it's just not working.

I'm fairly confident that DST will release this monstrosity with some regular hands and feet, so maybe it won't be as bad as it looks now. But I agree with Hellpop. I think they are trying to work around the restrictions, but in the process, they should really administer a kind of "smell test." If it seems like a good idea at first, but just ends up looking ugly or stupid, DON'T DO IT! I'm sure that very few packs/sets are going to move because of that Hulk, but if they would have released this in his place. . .

I'm sure that very few packs/sets are going to move because of that Hulk, but if they would have released this in his place. . .

Guess they had to go with the Hulk being the "villain" in Ultimates' first appereance. And regarding those new hands, I don't think that they are as a bad idea the duck feet are although they are far-off of being perfect. But it shows that DST are still trying to improve or at least experiment with different possibilities to design bigger charaters. Looking at all those Hulks and Abominations and Things in the last waves we see that duck feet aren't end of the list. And the same way those bulky hands maybe aren't. Since Bulks are in development we might see a satisfying adaption of those in the near future.

I'm sure that very few packs/sets are going to move because of that Hulk, but if they would have released this in his place. . .

Is that Ultimate (Universe) Black Panther or Ultimate Alliance (video game) Black Panther? Are they even the same thing?

And I kinda agree about the Defenders Hulk being the best-rendered version so far, IMO it even makes more sense than the original Wave 1 version. Maybe we should try a side-by-side comparison of all the Hulks that have been released thus far to compare the "design innovations" (:wallbash:) they've added to him...

(Stupid broken camera. :angry:)

I still like the original Hulk Though I accept that I'm in the minority. I like the Defenders one as well but as I have said before & someone called TB...something or other agreed that it's not the feet ....& it's not the chest..that's wrong. It's the arms! The arms need to be bulkier & HULKIER.

If y'all head on over to DST's website, you can see an alternate group shot of wave 28 that shows Psylocke holding a katana sword. This additional accessory has made her stock go up in my book.

Well That's half of my dream Psylocke figure!

How cool would it be if she had a reversible head with the Crimson Dawn tattoo on the other side?

Aaaaaaand - that would make it the complete dream!

And I think Gambit's playing cards should be recognizable as cards - like Luke's Gambit. And the translucent plasitc would fit better, I agree on that. I don't know Psylocke that good to comment on her - I like the new hairpiece - but the other are very satisfying in my eyes.

I think DST or AA mentioned that Gambits Card detailing would depend on how much it would cost them. IE: we might get the actual card painted on is DST/AA can afford it.

It's nit-picking, but i do hope they continue the 'fur' pattern all the way around FA Sabretooth's ankles. The pictures on Flickr make it look like it's only printed on the front of his ankles.

Also - I'm loving the army builder idea, but rather than a shield agent, i'd like to see a Ultimate Maddrox army builder 'Mate. Although

after Ultimatum #3, it looks like he wont be a player in the Ultimate universe anymore

:(

Edited by Nessex

Looking at the picture of the Ultimate Hulk again...

Is there a gap between his waste and chest pieces?

I'm thinking the over sized chest piece may be longer than normal which is another way to make the Hulk taller i guess.

Here ya go. It's better than nothing. I vote for the Defenders Hulk as the standard.

Agreed. He is just about the "perfect storm" of what a Hulk Minimate could be, in my opinion--not too drastic a shift from the "basic" Minimate design (no sculpted head, still a block, no duck feet), great proportions, great face, great basic chest design, and overall an iconic, definitive representation of this form of Hulk. I love this little guy.

Edited by karamazov80