UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men ‘97

Swarm198

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree . The closest I've come to Peter Parker perfection is the TRU Wave2 Spider-Man sans slip-over , Parker looks like the Parker I first 'knew' .   Whilst looking at that TRU set (2009!) Spider-Man & Green Goblin, I am inclined to say that is one of the best Minimate sets ever.  It only fails to be perfect (for me) because I never took to slip-overs , they make the 'mate look top-heavy.

On 4/10/2024 at 9:40 AM, DSTZach said:

Peter Parker is not in Series 86.

I suggested a McFarlane-themed Spidey set, but I think we ended up not doing that one. You'll see another Spidey set with some cool unmade characters in another few waves (89? 90?). We're working a few waves out at this point. 

Thank God. I have numerous Peter Parker Spidey Minimates (Wave 24 Spidey, Armory Spidey, etc.), and just pre-ordered the Spider-Verse box set off Luke's after hemming and hawing on it for months. I can cool the jets with Pete for a minute. XD

Despite that, I appreciate you advocating on behalf of a new McFarlane Spidey. That genuinely means much to me. If not that, then I would KILL for a John Romita, Jr. Spider-Man. I LOVE that man's rendition of the character.

12 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Yeah but not in the 90s. 
They’re probably remaking this. 
image.jpeg.2d3a689d39999f6e60117c85a8eb98ff.jpeg

Holy shit, if you're right, I might actually cry tears of joy.

Literally would be a Yellow Daredevil situation. Nearly 20 years after the original are we FINALLY getting an update.

If they make it look consistent with Sonic Attack Spider-Man, that'd make it even better, IMO.

2 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

Peter B. Parker with baby holder. 

also X-Men 97 that older Jubilee would be awesome along with other characters that have never been produced. 

For X-Men 97 I’d love to start with a Boxset of Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Juggernaut, Wolverine. Then a fast follow of box 2: Storm, Bishop, Cool Dad Magneto, Morph (both heads), Shaw. Box 3: Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Sinister, and Sabertooth.  

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

For X-Men 97 I’d love to start with a Boxset of Jean, Cyclops, Magneto, Juggernaut, Wolverine. Then a fast follow of box 2: Storm, Bishop, Cool Dad Magneto, Morph (both heads), Shaw. Box 3: Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Sinister, and Sabertooth.  

Remember It… 🥺

to me, my x-men box sets!

if  ‘97 could get multiple releases and i’d buy them all

21 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

It was a tough one. 

I lived in NY during 9/11. I know that was the writer's intention, to elicit the same feeling. I'm still reeling. 

Edited by Padrino

1 hour ago, Padrino said:

It’s definitely left its mark here in the city on the X-Fans. Especially, the ones here then. Great art should move you and this certainly did. I saw Lenore and was just in awe of how great the show has been. Hope we get mates from it.

Masterful work.
Beau's comments on the Pulse nightclub shooting, and the violation of safe spaces for minority communities felt especially poignant, and that translated seamlessly into the episode.