UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men ‘97

Swarm198

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream last night that I went into one of the re-opened TRU stores, and these were hanging on the pegs. They were packed:

• Cyclops & Juggernaut
  • Jean & Mr. Sinister
  • Gambit & Rogue
  • Beast & Storm

I was surprised there was no Wolverine in the wave, so I kept looking around the toy aisle, and I found a new Wolverine Minimates 4-pack that had:

• Animated Wolverine
  • Fatal Attractions Wolverine (sculpted pieces with his adamantium coming out all over)
  • Feral Wolverine
  • Wolverine as Fang (with additional Fang head)

They all looked amazing, and I was so mad when I woke up that it was just a dream. 

I used to have those dreams all the time! So sad I haven't had them recently. I must need more new actual mates to start the dreams flowing again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, MJtheJuiceman26 said:

Any chance we could get some new X-Men minimates from their latest comic line? Some really cool designs in those new series. 

Right? That X-cutioner figure hrom Hasbro has my hopes up high that we'll see more slightly obscure villains turn up in the show and in toy form. 
Would be great to see a couple of Minimates sets too.

No plans for new/current X-Men looks -- I think we've decided that new and fresh is not always the best way to go, in case looks turn out to be short-lived or not well-received. The next few sets are decidedly nostalgic, and the X-Men set we have planned is very 1980s. BUT it does have an obscure X-Villain in it!

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

No plans for new/current X-Men looks -- I think we've decided that new and fresh is not always the best way to go, in case looks turn out to be short-lived or not well-received. The next few sets are decidedly nostalgic, and the X-Men set we have planned is very 1980s. BUT it does have an obscure X-Villain in it!

Are we still talking Inferno? Is it N'astirh? S'ym? When will these be announced formally? This is my favorite X-Men era!

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

How about some classics then?

Nate Grey?

Threnody?

Strife?

Arcade?

Goblin Queen in her classic underboob halter?

Marvel Now! Magik?

Agent of SHIELD Mystique?

So many minimates I need. -_-

On 2/28/2024 at 4:46 AM, DSTZach said:

BUT it does have an obscure X-Villain in it!

We love the 80s and we LOVE an obscure villain. Is this a set we're expecting this year?

19 hours ago, Nessex said:

We love the 80s and we LOVE an obscure villain. Is this a set we're expecting this year?

I don't think so. Series 85 (Spider-Verse) is getting its packaging approved now, so 86 (Spidey set #2) will be hopefully be offered in a couple of months, and MAYBE ship before end of year. The X-set is Series 87, so it would PROBABLY be early 2025. 

Edited by DSTZach

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I don't think so. Series 85 (Spider-Verse) is getting its packaging approved now, so 86 (Spidey set #2) will be hopefully be offered in a couple of months, and MAYBE ship before end of year. The X-set is Series 87, so it would PROBABLY be early 2025. 

Did I miss Series 86? this is not the one with Peter Porker, correct? Were these formally announced?

Zach’s quote from the Daredevil page was this:

“Series 86 is based on a 1990s storyline, and has two new characters, plus one who has only been done animated.”

Now he’s confirmed it’s also Spider-Man which means I’m doubling down on this being Clone Saga. Jackal’s coming, baby!

It could be based on The Gathering of Five storyline. With Kaine being the character we got based on his animated appearance. Mattie Franklin and Madame Web could be the two new characters.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:46 PM, DSTZach said:

Gotcha. Nonetheless, excited to see some X-Men 'mates. Sounds like Kitty Pryde might make a comeback if it's the 80s!